1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 116 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2013 1:05 AM by Codfish_ Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    pvt romeo
    The point of calling someone a camper is basically saying that anyone douche with a gun can sit in a corner and wait for a enemy to run by. Where as it takes a certain degree of skill to run around the map and still get those killstreaks. You probably couldnt destroy anything unless you camp which is why people use that tactic. You think its called positioning? No bro, its called camping. I dont get mad when I see the camper. I laugh, smh and kill them. 
  • 21. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    I_KaOTiK_I
    There is nothing wrong with 'situational awareness/positioning' as opposed to 'camping' (explained in a short while).

People who hide behind tables, with a claymore at the back door, and stay there until people run through the room - man that must be some boring gameplay. Each to their own I guess.

If there is a Spy Plane up for your team, and you see yourself surrounded by 4 red dots, then as I mentioned before, that's situational awareness. Wait for the chumps to run into your sights.

But sitting in a room, lying on your belly for 8 minutes 41 seconds - yes, I would call that a camper. If that's what floats your boat, so be it, but I would be bored senseless.
  • 22. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    therazor321
    The only time I use the word "camper" is when I'm playing with friends and I use it as a warning.

IE:  "The whole other team is camping".  Easier then saying, "The whole other team is sitting in those two buildings sitting there looking out windows not moving at all". 

It may even get said as an insult to the other team when the game is over, however, you don't have to take it as an insult.  If you like playing that way, it shouldn't affect you one bit, unless your feeling guilty for the action, which it sounds like the OP is.
  • 23. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.

k33p1tc00l wrote:

They aren't fake. Look at my combat record. I am a tournament quality player and can destroy you.

I KNEW you were a little camping b***h! LMAO.  That's why you made that leaderboard thread, LOL!  You're so MAD that you have a great KDR but yet your Points Per Minute are low, therefore being low ranked on the leaderboards! Haven't you noticed that no one has backed you up on your idea in this thread, or the other?  Doesn't that tell your great mind that everyone hates people who play like you?  LOL, OMG, this is too funny.  It just goes to show you that CAMPING doesn't equal SKILL!  It actually means you really suck, because if there were no places to hide, you would constantly die due to your lack of skill!  Therefore, you rely on OTHER FACTORS besides raw talent to help you.  No respect from me, and as you can see, no respect from most people on this board as well.

Put me in a map where there are only one to two places to take COVER but not hide, I'll hold my own against the best of them due to raw talent.  Put yourself in a map like that and you wouldn't stand a chance because you have no talent and or skill.
  • 24. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    asystole
    I think some missed the point.

Anyone of ANY skill level can sit in a corner, plant a claymore at one door, and sit in ADS on another doorway. THAT is true camping. While that is fine for a person new to FPS games, it does get pretty silly when a prestege level 5 does it for a kill streak. That's the true argument. If you get kill streaks in the same fashion that a new FPS player gets kills, then how can you be better?

Now, I support any game play style as long as you do not cheat. However, if you think that you are a better or wait, "more skilled" player, I debate that.

Assuming no hardline. Then it's a lot harder to get an 11 kill streak constantly moving around the map, than an 11 kill streak done by 3-4 kill camping groups.

The ones that are stupid are the guys who call someone a camper when all the "camper" did was beat them in CQB.
  • 25. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    ill-lll
    Or even more stupid, in objective games where someone is staying back protecting the flag / bomb site. That is defending, not camping. You may not be moving, but the goal is to keep the enemy from securing the objective and that is done by watching the objective.

I prefer to run and play offensive, but give me one or two of those "campers" on my team playing defense any day.
  • 26. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    FOUNTAINofYOUTH

k33p1tc00l wrote:

When someone uses "camper" as an insult, they mean a couple of things:

(1) Person with a higher KDR than me.

(2) Person smart enough to use positioning to their advantage.

(3) Person who takes advantage of me running blindly into the same exact spot a couple times per spawn cycle.

(4) Person who realizes to get a high killstreak (something higher than a care package with hardline) you need to exercise patience and planning.

Your only recourse to make yourself feel better for playing like an impatient idiot is to call me a camper. Get over it idiots.

It is better to live than to die in any circumstance. No one is a better player for dying more than another player. I was able to go 23-0, 20-0, and 24-0 BACK TO BACK because I used my brain. My player tag is k33p1tc00l and you can check my combat record. I am smarter than any of you who claim you're better than me because you decided to go 20-20 and i went 24-1 since i waited to get my dogs and chopper gunner and finish the round.

Alright I was fine with this post til you said "I am smarter than any of you who claim you're better than me".  It doesn't take a lot of skill to sit in a room with a claymore..  yes, you can get great scores and help your team but a player that is good all-around is much better.  I'm sure I'd be bored to death watching your recent games.
  • 27. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    WardogWilson_TX
    There is no real.. So to say "camping" in objective based games (i.e. Demolition, domination, Search and destroy, sabotage, etc.)

In team deathmatch, you would want to have some rushers, and some staying back.
    In demolition, S&D, you would want to DEFEND your bomb.. Hence playing the objective..

But, camping in a corner w/ ghost in a FFA is a no no IMO
  • 28. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    albo-time13

Jay_Ey_Why wrote:

k33p1tc00l wrote:

They aren't fake. Look at my combat record. I am a tournament quality player and can destroy you.

I KNEW you were a little camping b***h! LMAO.  That's why you made that leaderboard thread, LOL!  You're so MAD that you have a great KDR but yet your Points Per Minute are low, therefore being low ranked on the leaderboards! Haven't you noticed that no one has backed you up on your idea in this thread, or the other?  Doesn't that tell your great mind that everyone hates people who play like you?  LOL, OMG, this is too funny.  It just goes to show you that CAMPING doesn't equal SKILL!  It actually means you really suck, because if there were no places to hide, you would constantly die due to your lack of skill!  Therefore, you rely on OTHER FACTORS besides raw talent to help you.  No respect from me, and as you can see, no respect from most people on this board as well.

Put me in a map where there are only one to two places to take COVER but not hide, I'll hold my own against the best of them due to raw talent.  Put yourself in a map like that and you wouldn't stand a chance because you have no talent and or skill.

dude, are you in debate or something. cause this argument was awesome. you cited other sources, analyzed the argument, related another thread to this one. this is beautiful. my english teacher would give you an A
  • 29. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    macca4671
    It is better to live than to die in any circumstance. No one is a better player for dying more than another player. I was able to go 23-0, 20-0, and 24-0 BACK TO BACK because I used my brain. My player tag is k33p1tc00l and you can check my combat record. I am smarter than any of you who claim you're better than me because you decided to go 20-20 and i went 24-1 since i waited to get my dogs and chopper gunner and finish the round.[/quote]
    You can go 20-0 all you like but at the end of the day it's about points per minute in this cod and not kdr, and so if i run and gun and get a 36-17 score i've effectively earned more points per min than you and so get ranked higher. If i was interested in a kdr rated game i would go and camp in mw2 where your kdr actually meant something. So for you to say you are smarter and others are idiots is quite stupid as even if they have a negative kdr they can still be earning more points per minute than yourself with a 28-34 score for example. If your playing an objective based game you need to be completing the objectives and getting kills as you go to get the decent points per minute scores! Which game mode are you camping in to get those scores?[/quote]

I started a topic called "BlackOps Leaderboards are illogical; need to be remeasured" for this very reason that ranking by Score Per Minute is stupid. In MW2 your KDR meant nothing for your rank - it was all based on total kills. Please look at this topic:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100375772[/quote]
    I disagree with that thread as points per minute encourages people  to get involved in the action more instaed of hiding in a room with the entrance claymored and so is a great way to base the leaderboards for free for all and TDM. What i would say though is that objective leaderboards should be altered to include things like captures, defends etc to reflect the more skilled objective players and to get players more involved with achieving the objectives instead of just going into those modes to bag lame kills. What mode did you get your original mentioned scores in?
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next