21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2010 3:03 PM by Asfrina RSS

A COD Killer?

I just read this article, basically talking about Activison suing EA. Apparently, Zampella, West and EA are working together to make a game that kills COD. Very interesting.

Link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1141378p1.html 

NOTE: It is pretty long :P
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    ghosthound
    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 
  • Re: A COD Killer?

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 



    Well, Activison rushed IW, to release the game when it wasn't completed. EA shouldn't rush them on this. Beacuse I think it's time for something fresh and new. Lets just hope they can pull this off.
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    Breton71

    gnarly skillz wrote:

     

    I just read this article, basically talking about Activison suing EA. Apparently, Zampella, West and EA are working together to make a game that kills COD. Very interesting.

    Link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1141378p1.html 

    NOTE: It is pretty long :P



    I really hope they make a game that rivals and even surpasses COD.  Competition is a good thing!  The FPS community will benefit in the long run.
  • Re: A COD Killer?

    Breton71 wrote:

     

    gnarly skillz wrote:

     

    I just read this article, basically talking about Activison suing EA. Apparently, Zampella, West and EA are working together to make a game that kills COD. Very interesting.

    Link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1141378p1.html 

    NOTE: It is pretty long :P



    I really hope they make a game that rivals and even surpasses COD.  Competition is a good thing!  The FPS community will benefit in the long run.



    YES!
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    PrinceCharming82

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 




    COD4.... IW.... EA wins whenever respawn decides to throw out the C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!

    it will be better than COD..i promise yu that much...
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hs-NNSStg4

    Just found this video. Its NextGenTactics talking about this, he has alot of good points

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hs-NNSStg4
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    iTheKronic

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 



    These are the retards who brought us MW1, best COD game to date.
    Kotick is the ass whipe who doesn't care if a game is finished before release, all he cares about is his bank balance.
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    thejestor92
    MW1 IMO is the best COD game.  Since that game the COD games have been going down hill.  The reason?  They're rushed.  Give those guys time to completely finish a game and there is a good chance it'll be awesome.  Rush it out and we'll have another MW2 which will still be better than the Treyarch games.
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    e2theboy

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 


    and cod4 and cod2 dumbass
  • Re: A COD Killer?

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 



    hahahahaha what a ******* stupid ass comment.


    Treyarch will be a distant memory we'll try to erase from our thoughts once a quality CoD style FPS is released next year. This game is sh!t and once a well programmed game comes out, you'll be like "oh so THATS how its supposed to be....."
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    MW2 was horrid, and IW abandoned the game. They also put out old maps as part of DLC

    And MW isn't that great.  Cod2 was very good,  one of best campaigns, next to WAW.
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    e2theboy

    StlSeeeek wrote:

     

    MW2 was horrid, and IW abandoned the game. They also put out old maps as part of DLC

    And MW isn't that great.  Cod2 was very good,  one of best campaigns, next to WAW.


    u do realize cod4 started the hype? cod2 is one of the best in the series but cod4 started the majority of the hype of the series, and last i checked IW had less then 20 ppl working for them
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    Dr.Baltar
    MW2 was way better than Black Ops. I can't even play multiplayer on BO because of some sort of problem. I think Black Ops is a COD killer because of all the problems people have.
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    Asfrina

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 




    Pretty sure I read an article quoting Kotick saying that Treyarch made the MP on MW2 and MW as well or something along those lines .
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    Asfrina

    StlSeeeek wrote:

     

    MW2 was horrid, and IW abandoned the game. They also put out old maps as part of DLC

    And MW isn't that great.  Cod2 was very good,  one of best campaigns, next to WAW.




    In your opinion maybe , Personally I prefer MW2's solo campaign over any other it was more liek a movie than any other with stylish set pieces of action that where awesome, MW being a close second to that for solo play , I hate the whole second world war crap they need to knock that **** on the head I'm sick of hearing about it .
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    ghosthound

    Asfrina wrote:

     

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 




    Pretty sure I read an article quoting Kotick saying that Treyarch made the MP on MW2 and MW as well or something along those lines .



    Pretty sure that you read that wrong. 

    MW2 was an Insanity Ward product.
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    ghosthound

    gnarly skillz wrote:

     

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 



    Well, Activison rushed IW, to release the game when it wasn't completed. EA shouldn't rush them on this. Beacuse I think it's time for something fresh and new. Lets just hope they can pull this off.



    Activision didn't ruch anything or anybody. IW had 2 years to develop MW2 & that was what they came up with.

    Any goodwill Insanity Ward had from Cod4 was squandered with MW2.
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    ghosthound

    e2theboy wrote:

     

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 


    and cod4 and cod2 dumbass



    Cod4 counts for nothing after MW2. 
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    Asfrina

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    Asfrina wrote:

     

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    They will try & fail.

    These are the retards who brought us Modern Warfail 2. 




    Pretty sure I read an article quoting Kotick saying that Treyarch made the MP on MW2 and MW as well or something along those lines .



    Pretty sure that you read that wrong. 

    MW2 was an Insanity Ward product.




    Direct quote from Kotick " That’s an unfair view of Treyarch,” said Kotick. “You know it’s not really an objective view. Treyarch contributed so significantly to the multiplayer technology that’s in Modern Warfare 2 and they didn’t really get the credit for that.”
  • Re: A COD Killer?
    ghosthound

    Asfrina wrote:

     

    Direct quote from Kotick " That’s an unfair view of Treyarch,” said Kotick. “You know it’s not really an objective view. Treyarch contributed so significantly to the multiplayer technology that’s in Modern Warfare 2 and they didn’t really get the credit for that.”



    Direct quote from me:

    Modern Warfare 2 was designed and created by Infinity Ward NOT Treyarch.


  • Re: A COD Killer?
    Asfrina

    GhostHound wrote:

     

    Asfrina wrote:

     

    Direct quote from Kotick " That’s an unfair view of Treyarch,” said Kotick. “You know it’s not really an objective view. Treyarch contributed so significantly to the multiplayer technology that’s in Modern Warfare 2 and they didn’t really get the credit for that.”



    Direct quote from me:

    Modern Warfare 2 was designed and created by Infinity Ward NOT Treyarch.



    Yet mysteriously you don't work for either company and Kotick happens to be the CEO of em . So I wonder who is right here ??? Hmmm.....