41 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2012 5:59 PM by arlothion RSS

Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)

CrayHD
So, I gonna try it again here, with a longer and more precise post.

It's about sniping.
So, where do I have to start. Well...

Quickscoping

I truly can't understand all those hate against quickscoping.
Some arguments I hear often in this forum:

"Quickscopers never play the objective and only try to get montage clips"
Seriously, I quickscoped from CoD 3 to Modern Warfare, I always play the objective and I never went for montage clips. What you call "try to get montage clips" is maybe upcoming for around 5% of quickscopers. Don't generalize everybody who quickscopes because you saw it once in a game.

"All quickscopers are 12 year old"
All I can do here is shake my head. This is one of stupidest arguments I have ever read, but I am seeing it so often in this forum.
How can you establish everybody who quickscope is 12 years old? You truly played to much MW2.

"Quickscoping is unrealistic, in real life you can't quickscope"
But in real life you can shoot somebody across 300 meters with an SMG? You can spray somebody down, who is is 30 meters away from you. You can see red flashing claymores and Turrets trough walls? You can throw tomahawks about big buildings and hit somebody? You're able to survive a headshot?
No.
The CoD franchise was never realistic and it never will be realistic. And if it would be, why only for snipers?

"Quickscoping is overpowered and gamebreaking"

Quickscoping never was gamebreaking and never will be gamebreaking. It wasn't even gamebreaking in MW2 because there were enough things to counter it, like the UMP or no recoil guns aka ACR. For sure it's not cool to get quickscoped, it may make you angry. But it doesn't make you angry to get sprayed across the map with the AK74u? It doesn't make you angry to get tubed, by a guy who don't even have to aim to kill you. It doesn't make you angry to get panic knifed if you fired 3 shots in somebody? It doesn't make you angry to get killed by a RCXD car, which can be a 2 killstreak? You can't tell me quickscoping is more annoying than one of these things. I also don't want to complain about those things.
If somebody likes to spray&pray, I let him do. If somebody likes to use only explosives, I let him do. If somebody likes to only use his knife, I let him do. It's their way to have fun in this game, so why shouldn't quickscopers have their fun?
Removing quickscoping was one of the worst decisions Treyarch ever made.


At the end, all I can ask Treyarch is:

Why did you nerfed the weakest and hardest play style? I see no point in nerfing quickscoping at all. It is not cheap. It is not overpowered. Is it not gay (I didn't know a play style can have a sexuality but after reading through this forum some guys actually think it...)
It's not gamebreaking.

Quickscoping is a play style which is fun to play, although you could to better with a SMG, it's always nice to quickscope somebody and show his skill. Why did Treyarch remove this all time favorite play style of hundred thousand of people?


Excuses for all my misspelling, I'm from Germany and I'm not the best at english...

The smartest answer I got:


Avonos wrote:

 

The OP is right, sniping is seriously gimped in Black Ops, and i don't know why all these people who don't even snipe that much are trying to say that it isn't.  If the snipers were brought back to their original form in the beta, then i think that all these threads complaining about sniping would stop.  This would be the smartest move because it would please both sides.  The snipers would be more practical to use, yet they would still be balanced due to the slow ADS which would prevent MW2 style quick scoping.


  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.
    Cool story bro!

    CrayHD wrote:

     

    So, I gonna try it agin here, with a longer and more precise post.

    It's about sniping.
    So, where do I have to start. Well...

    Quickscoping

    I truly can't understand all those hate against quickscoping.
    Some arguments I hear often in this forum:

    "Quickscopers never play the objective and only try to get montage clips"
    Seriously, I quickscoped from CoD 3 to Modern Warfare, I always play the objective and I never went for montage clips. What you call "try to get montage clips" is maybe upcoming for around 5% of quickscopers. Don't generalize everybody who quickscopes because you saw it once in a game.

    "All quickscopers are 12 year old"
    All I can do here is shake my head. This is one of stupidest arguments I have ever read, but I am seeing it so often in this forum.
    How can you establish everybody who quickscope is 12 years old? You truly played to much MW2.

    "Quickscoping is unrealistic, in real life you can't quickscope"
    But in real life you can shoot somebody across 300 meters with an SMG? You can spray somebody down, who is is 30 meters away from you. You can see red flashing claymores and Turrets trough walls? You can throw tomahawks about big buildings and hit somebody? You're able to survive a headshot?
    No.
    The CoD franchise was never realistic and it never will be realistic. And if it would be, why only for snipers?

    "Quickscoping is overpowered and gamebreaking"

    Quickscoping never was gamebreaking and never will be gamebreaking. It wasn't even gamebreaking in MW2 because there were enough things to counter it, like the UMP or no recoil guns aka ACR. For sure it's not cool to get quickscoped, it may make you angry. But it doesn't make you angry to get sprayed across the map with the AK74u? It doesn't make you angry to get tubed, by a guy who don't even have to aim to kill you. It doesn't make you angry to get panic knifed if you fired 3 shots in somebody? You can't tell me quickscoping is more annoying than one of these things.


    At the end, all I can ask Treyarch is:

    Why did you nerfed the weakest and hardest to use play style? I see no point in nerfing quickscoping at all. It is not cheap. It is not overpowered. Is it not gay (I didn't know a play style can have a sexuality but after reading through this forum some guys actually think it...)
    It's not gamebreaking.

    Quickscoping is a play style which is fun to play, although you could to better with a SMG, it's always nice to quickscope somebody and show his skill. Why did Treyarch remove this all time favorite play style of hundred thousand of people?


    Excuses for all my misspelling, I'm from Germany and I'm not the best at english...



    100% Agreed. All you said it's true. We don't demand MW2 quickscoping, we demand CoD4/WaW quickscoping.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.
    Forrest-Gump63
    please drop this there has been too much complaining enough already, they are not going to put it back
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.
    i_cant_wait

    CrayHD wrote:

     

    So, I gonna try it agin here, with a longer and more precise post.

    It's about sniping.
    So, where do I have to start. Well...

    Quickscoping

    I truly can't understand all those hate against quickscoping.
    Some arguments I hear often in this forum:

    "Quickscopers never play the objective and only try to get montage clips"
    Seriously, I quickscoped from CoD 3 to Modern Warfare, I always play the objective and I never went for montage clips. What you call "try to get montage clips" is maybe upcoming for around 5% of quickscopers. Don't generalize everybody who quickscopes because you saw it once in a game.

    "All quickscopers are 12 year old"
    All I can do here is shake my head. This is one of stupidest arguments I have ever read, but I am seeing it so often in this forum.
    How can you establish everybody who quickscope is 12 years old? You truly played to much MW2.

    "Quickscoping is unrealistic, in real life you can't quickscope"
    But in real life you can shoot somebody across 300 meters with an SMG? You can spray somebody down, who is is 30 meters away from you. You can see red flashing claymores and Turrets trough walls? You can throw tomahawks about big buildings and hit somebody? You're able to survive a headshot?
    No.
    The CoD franchise was never realistic and it never will be realistic. And if it would be, why only for snipers?

    "Quickscoping is overpowered and gamebreaking"

    Quickscoping never was gamebreaking and never will be gamebreaking. It wasn't even gamebreaking in MW2 because there were enough things to counter it, like the UMP or no recoil guns aka ACR. For sure it's not cool to get quickscoped, it may make you angry. But it doesn't make you angry to get sprayed across the map with the AK74u? It doesn't make you angry to get tubed, by a guy who don't even have to aim to kill you. It doesn't make you angry to get panic knifed if you fired 3 shots in somebody? You can't tell me quickscoping is more annoying than one of these things.


    At the end, all I can ask Treyarch is:

    Why did you nerfed the weakest and hardest to use play style? I see no point in nerfing quickscoping at all. It is not cheap. It is not overpowered. Is it not gay (I didn't know a play style can have a sexuality but after reading through this forum some guys actually think it...)
    It's not gamebreaking.

    Quickscoping is a play style which is fun to play, although you could to better with a SMG, it's always nice to quickscope somebody and show his skill. Why did Treyarch remove this all time favorite play style of hundred thousand of people?


    Excuses for all my misspelling, I'm from Germany and I'm not the best at english...



    I also agree 100%.
    Snipers didn't need nerf, maybe a buff, but not a nerf.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.
    They removed it because the majority of the community were not in favour of it...
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.

    Forrest-Gump63 wrote:

     

    please drop this there has been too much complaining enough already




    we would not have to keep complaining it treyarch didnt nerf something they should of never nerfed. u think this game is going to change if we keep out mouths shut? sniping is so horrible in this game its not even funny.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.
    CrayHD

    spsman70 wrote:

     

    They removed it because the majority of the community were not in favour of it...



    The majority isn't in favour of noobtubing. The majority isn't in favour of spray&praying. The majority isn't in favour of commandoing.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    Tbagger28
    Well here is a post that nobody will read from top to bottom.  Next time keep it short or better yet STOP SNIPING
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.
    Spyroul

    CrayHD wrote:

     

    spsman70 wrote:

     

    They removed it because the majority of the community were not in favour of it...



    The majority isn't in favour of noobtubing. The majority isn't in favour of spray&praying. The majority isn't in favour of commandoing.



    But what's still there? ALL OF IT!
    I'm sick of getting commando'd in Black Ops. I've got NO RANGE AT ALL, while they simply knife me 5 meters away.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    CrayHD

    Tbagger28 wrote:

     

    Well here is a post that nobody will read from top to bottom.  Next time keep it short or better yet STOP SNIPING



    You can't keep major problems short.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    Spyroul

    Tbagger28 wrote:

     

    Well here is a post that nobody will read from top to bottom.  Next time keep it short or better yet STOP SNIPING



    Why? Are we not allowed to have some extra fun in a game?
    I don't get angry at ALL when I get sniped, but instead, I get angry when a ******* GAYCAR gets me.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    the community isn't in favor of nerfing qsing treyarch is and I really hope they read this cuz it really strikes in the heart
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    anoreo
    Quickscoping technically isn't unbalanced, but it also is. A long range weapon shouldn't be good at CQB.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    CrayHD

    An Oreo wrote:

     

    Quickscoping technically isn't unbalanced, but it also is. A long range weapon shouldn't be good at CQB.



    I agree, but have to say:

    1. The maps don't allow long range weapons to be good.

    2. Why have SMG the ability to be good at CQB AND at long range?
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    anoreo

    CrayHD wrote:

     

    An Oreo wrote:

     

    Quickscoping technically isn't unbalanced, but it also is. A long range weapon shouldn't be good at CQB.



    I agree, but have to say:

    1. The maps don't allow long range weapons to be good.

    2. Why have SMG the ability to be good at CQB AND at long range?







    1:I agree

    2:Treyarch <3s the 74u so they won't do anything.


    The fix to make SMGs actually SMGs is simple:put more drop damage on, in essence making it a shotgun. The fix to make snipers do their job w/o allowing quickscopes may not be as simple, so Treyarch can say they were too busy thinking long and hard to fix that.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    Izoto
    Sniping is fine as it is. Sometimes when I'm desperately trying to hit a moving target I miss, not because of my accuracy, but just small amounts of lag. Sometimes I do just miss simply because I'm not perfect so I deal with it.

    And quick scoping would be unbalanced in black ops. You guys keep comparing quick scoping in MW2 to black ops. In MW2 there were a bunch of overpowered guns and attachments. Essentially, quick scoping was on "balance" with the UMP or no recoil ACR, or stopping power etc etc. In black ops, things run differently so the comparison isn't the same.

    The day the servers were down in Black Ops for ps3 I put in MW2. It was Quarry, Ground War and Domination. I was playing for kicks so I used my newfag set up, which was UMP w/ silencer, marathon, lightweight and ninja. I was running up to B flag, and I notice some guy with a sniper rifle in the distance. I'm like "Theres no way he can get me with a sniper in close range, even if I spray all I have to do is move a bit and I win." I was thinking with a black ops mind set, and in one bullet the guy quick scoped me. Then our team tried to take B flag and there was like three other  quick scopers on their team. They laid us flat in a matter of seconds.

    I could only imagine what Black Ops would be like with MW2 level quick scoping. Nuke town would be impossible to play with people doing 360 no scopes and quick scoping everyone down. Quick Scoping does not need to come back at all.

    Most of you guys are complaining that AR's and SMG's can counter snipe you with ease across the map. The logic here is simple "Well since X and Y can easily do this, give Z more power!" No. 3Arch should just fix X and Y or AR's and SMG's. I think it's fair in some cases if a AR counter snipes you, SMG's are a no. Snipers are going to have it rough in this game because of the map lay out as well.

    I've heard about bipod attachments to reduce sway, which make it easier to shoot but at the same time you can't quick scope. Don't try to bring quick scoping back, solve the problem which makes you think you need it back, AKA fix the AK47u, which bothers me. I think it's fair game if an AR takes me out, they're built for longer ranges.

    I never have a problem getting at least a 4 or 5 kill streak 1/3 games. If you want to snipe more play ground war where there are tons more people. Try to get maps like Havana, Jungle and Array. Avoid  square/shaped maps like Cracked/Radiation/Hanoi, where there are tons of corners and openings. I back out of maps like Hanoi and Cracked, because I know the map lay out makes it impossible for me to kill and impossible for my little claymore buddy to watch my back entirely. Just think a bit more guise.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    CrayHD

    Izoto wrote:

     

    Sniping is fine as it is. Sometimes when I'm desperately trying to hit a moving target I miss, not because of my accuracy, but just small amounts of lag. Sometimes I do just miss simply because I'm not perfect so I deal with it.

    And quick scoping would be unbalanced in black ops. You guys keep comparing quick scoping in MW2 to black ops. In MW2 there were a bunch of overpowered guns and attachments. Essentially, quick scoping was on "balance" with the UMP or no recoil ACR, or stopping power etc etc. In black ops, things run differently so the comparison isn't the same.

    The day the servers were down in Black Ops for ps3 I put in MW2. It was Quarry, Ground War and Domination. I was playing for kicks so I used my newfag set up, which was UMP w/ silencer, marathon, lightweight and ninja. I was running up to B flag, and I notice some guy with a sniper rifle in the distance. I'm like "Theres no way he can get me with a sniper in close range, even if I spray all I have to do is move a bit and I win." I was thinking with a black ops mind set, and in one bullet the guy quick scoped me. Then our team tried to take B flag and there was like three other  quick scopers on their team. They laid us flat in a matter of seconds.

    I could only imagine what Black Ops would be like with MW2 level quick scoping. Nuke town would be impossible to play with people doing 360 no scopes and quick scoping everyone down. Quick Scoping does not need to come back at all.

    Most of you guys are complaining that AR's and SMG's can counter snipe you with ease across the map. The logic here is simple "Well since X and Y can easily do this, give Z more power!" No. 3Arch should just fix X and Y or AR's and SMG's. I think it's fair in some cases if a AR counter snipes you, SMG's are a no. Snipers are going to have it rough in this game because of the map lay out as well.

    I've heard about bipod attachments to reduce sway, which make it easier to shoot but at the same time you can't quick scope. Don't try to bring quick scoping back, solve the problem which makes you think you need it back, AKA fix the AK47u, which bothers me. I think it's fair game if an AR takes me out, they're built for longer ranges.

    I never have a problem getting at least a 4 or 5 kill streak 1/3 games. If you want to snipe more play ground war where there are tons more people. Try to get maps like Havana, Jungle and Array. Avoid  square/shaped maps like Cracked/Radiation/Hanoi, where there are tons of corners and openings. I back out of maps like Hanoi and Cracked, because I know the map lay out makes it impossible for me to kill and impossible for my little claymore buddy to watch my back entirely. Just think a bit more guise.



    I didn't demand MW2 Quickscoping, NEVER.
    I demand CoD4 quickscoping. I think you misunderstood me.
    I already said MW2 Quickscoping couldn't come back because of no UMP, no SP, no recoilless weapons.
    And the AK74u isn't the whole problem.

    It's the fact that the SMGs will always be able to shoot across the map if you actually are able to aim good, but the snipers won't be able to get skilled CQC kills, only lucky ones...

    This + Black Ops maps makes choosing sniper rifles useless in any case.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    jdeckerbfm

    Izoto wrote:

     

    Sniping is fine as it is. Sometimes when I'm desperately trying to hit a moving target I miss, not because of my accuracy, but just small amounts of lag. Sometimes I do just miss simply because I'm not perfect so I deal with it.

    And quick scoping would be unbalanced in black ops. You guys keep comparing quick scoping in MW2 to black ops. In MW2 there were a bunch of overpowered guns and attachments. Essentially, quick scoping was on "balance" with the UMP or no recoil ACR, or stopping power etc etc. In black ops, things run differently so the comparison isn't the same.

    The day the servers were down in Black Ops for ps3 I put in MW2. It was Quarry, Ground War and Domination. I was playing for kicks so I used my newfag set up, which was UMP w/ silencer, marathon, lightweight and ninja. I was running up to B flag, and I notice some guy with a sniper rifle in the distance. I'm like "Theres no way he can get me with a sniper in close range, even if I spray all I have to do is move a bit and I win." I was thinking with a black ops mind set, and in one bullet the guy quick scoped me. Then our team tried to take B flag and there was like three other  quick scopers on their team. They laid us flat in a matter of seconds.

    I could only imagine what Black Ops would be like with MW2 level quick scoping. Nuke town would be impossible to play with people doing 360 no scopes and quick scoping everyone down. Quick Scoping does not need to come back at all.

    Most of you guys are complaining that AR's and SMG's can counter snipe you with ease across the map. The logic here is simple "Well since X and Y can easily do this, give Z more power!" No. 3Arch should just fix X and Y or AR's and SMG's. I think it's fair in some cases if a AR counter snipes you, SMG's are a no. Snipers are going to have it rough in this game because of the map lay out as well.

    I've heard about bipod attachments to reduce sway, which make it easier to shoot but at the same time you can't quick scope. Don't try to bring quick scoping back, solve the problem which makes you think you need it back, AKA fix the AK47u, which bothers me. I think it's fair game if an AR takes me out, they're built for longer ranges.

    I never have a problem getting at least a 4 or 5 kill streak 1/3 games. If you want to snipe more play ground war where there are tons more people. Try to get maps like Havana, Jungle and Array. Avoid  square/shaped maps like Cracked/Radiation/Hanoi, where there are tons of corners and openings. I back out of maps like Hanoi and Cracked, because I know the map lay out makes it impossible for me to kill and impossible for my little claymore buddy to watch my back entirely. Just think a bit more guise.



    He is absolutely right. and qsing is not out of the game i had it happen to me twice yesterday by the same guy in the same round. He was using a L96 and ACOG, seemed to work just fine for him. I personally dont want this game to turn into halo, i like halo but if i only wanted to play that i would, it is a gamebreaker if every single person your team starts with a sniper there would be no way if qs was in effect o group of guys carrying smgs would beat a group of qs cqb or long range.  

    BTW if you lose to 74u long range when your using a sniper you suck at life
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    Izoto
    @Cray. If your problem is with SMGs, then why are you trying to boost snipers? Get them to reducethe power of SMGS.
    @JD. Then I suck at life. I suck so bad that I can't breath quickly and take out that guy across the map before he sees me. I don't know ONE sniper on this entire board who hasn't once been hit by a 74u at long range. Sometimes you can't see everything JD. It doesnt happen often to me, but it could.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    killstr3ak
    So i guess i don't get it.... how did they "remove" quickscoping?  Isn't it just when you bring your sniper rifle up real quick and shoot it without really aiming for much time? 

    How would they remove such a "feature"?

    Or am I confusing "quickscoping" with something else?
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this. (Sniping)
    CrayHD

    jdeckerbfm wrote:

     

    Izoto wrote:

     

    Sniping is fine as it is. Sometimes when I'm desperately trying to hit a moving target I miss, not because of my accuracy, but just small amounts of lag. Sometimes I do just miss simply because I'm not perfect so I deal with it.

    And quick scoping would be unbalanced in black ops. You guys keep comparing quick scoping in MW2 to black ops. In MW2 there were a bunch of overpowered guns and attachments. Essentially, quick scoping was on "balance" with the UMP or no recoil ACR, or stopping power etc etc. In black ops, things run differently so the comparison isn't the same.

    The day the servers were down in Black Ops for ps3 I put in MW2. It was Quarry, Ground War and Domination. I was playing for kicks so I used my newfag set up, which was UMP w/ silencer, marathon, lightweight and ninja. I was running up to B flag, and I notice some guy with a sniper rifle in the distance. I'm like "Theres no way he can get me with a sniper in close range, even if I spray all I have to do is move a bit and I win." I was thinking with a black ops mind set, and in one bullet the guy quick scoped me. Then our team tried to take B flag and there was like three other  quick scopers on their team. They laid us flat in a matter of seconds.

    I could only imagine what Black Ops would be like with MW2 level quick scoping. Nuke town would be impossible to play with people doing 360 no scopes and quick scoping everyone down. Quick Scoping does not need to come back at all.

    Most of you guys are complaining that AR's and SMG's can counter snipe you with ease across the map. The logic here is simple "Well since X and Y can easily do this, give Z more power!" No. 3Arch should just fix X and Y or AR's and SMG's. I think it's fair in some cases if a AR counter snipes you, SMG's are a no. Snipers are going to have it rough in this game because of the map lay out as well.

    I've heard about bipod attachments to reduce sway, which make it easier to shoot but at the same time you can't quick scope. Don't try to bring quick scoping back, solve the problem which makes you think you need it back, AKA fix the AK47u, which bothers me. I think it's fair game if an AR takes me out, they're built for longer ranges.

    I never have a problem getting at least a 4 or 5 kill streak 1/3 games. If you want to snipe more play ground war where there are tons more people. Try to get maps like Havana, Jungle and Array. Avoid  square/shaped maps like Cracked/Radiation/Hanoi, where there are tons of corners and openings. I back out of maps like Hanoi and Cracked, because I know the map lay out makes it impossible for me to kill and impossible for my little claymore buddy to watch my back entirely. Just think a bit more guise.



    He is absolutely right. and qsing is not out of the game i had it happen to me twice yesterday by the same guy in the same round. He was using a L96 and ACOG, seemed to work just fine for him. I personally dont want this game to turn into halo, i like halo but if i only wanted to play that i would, it is a gamebreaker if every single person your team starts with a sniper there would be no way if qs was in effect o group of guys carrying smgs would beat a group of qs cqb or long range.  

    BTW if you lose to 74u long range when your using a sniper you suck at life




    Did you ever play Black Ops? Seems like you didn't.

    1. Quickscoping now it total random, because of the random sway. What you saw was a dragscope.

    2. No sniper was never able to kill a skilled SMGer in no CoD except MW2. The thing is that snipers have a longer scope-in time, what basically means, if a sniper and a SMGer meet, the SMGer will land the first shot, if he doesn't suck at aiming. And because some people suck at aiming, Treyarch don't have to remove quickscoping.

    3. How I already said, the AK74u will land the first shot and will give you a viewkick, that doesn't allow you to kill him.  BTW If you lose a CQC while using SMG against a sniper u suck at Black Ops.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    CrayHD

    killstr3ak wrote:

     

    So i guess i don't get it.... how did they "remove" quickscoping?  Isn't it just when you bring your sniper rifle up real quick and shoot it without really aiming for much time? 

    How would they remove such a "feature"?

    Or am I confusing "quickscoping" with something else?




    They added a random sway, what means if you zoom in the crosshair is not at the position you zoomed in, and you have to wait till the crosshair gets to the position you aimed at, what means you have to wait before you can shoot, what means quickscoping is not possible
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    Misterkristo
    trade nube tube for qsing plzz. qsing takes more skills i prefer to get nicely quickscoped then stupid cheap nube tube
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    CrayHD

    Misterkristo wrote:

     

    trade nube tube for qsing plzz. qsing takes more skills i prefer to get nicely quickscoped then stupid cheap nube tube



    ho bout som grmar plzz?

    Noob tube is fine. I have no problem, it's easy to counter
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    IceeMan
    This thread actually had some good points, and I agree with a lot of the things it says, so I'm just going to say: You can quickscope in Black Ops now, you just have to play slightly different, and its a lot harder.  This is about the first quickscoping thread I've seen that has been written by an intelligent person.

    EDIT: I take back everything I just said, except the part about how its possible to quickscope in Black Ops.  I agree with Izoto.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    MightyAbstract
    your speaking the truth....
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)

    CrayHD wrote:

     

    So, I gonna try it again here, with a longer and more precise post.

    It's about sniping.
    So, where do I have to start. Well...

    Quickscoping

    I truly can't understand all those hate against quickscoping.
    Some arguments I hear often in this forum:

    "Quickscopers never play the objective and only try to get montage clips"
    Seriously, I quickscoped from CoD 3 to Modern Warfare, I always play the objective and I never went for montage clips. What you call "try to get montage clips" is maybe upcoming for around 5% of quickscopers. Don't generalize everybody who quickscopes because you saw it once in a game.

    "All quickscopers are 12 year old"
    All I can do here is shake my head. This is one of stupidest arguments I have ever read, but I am seeing it so often in this forum.
    How can you establish everybody who quickscope is 12 years old? You truly played to much MW2.

    "Quickscoping is unrealistic, in real life you can't quickscope"
    But in real life you can shoot somebody across 300 meters with an SMG? You can spray somebody down, who is is 30 meters away from you. You can see red flashing claymores and Turrets trough walls? You can throw tomahawks about big buildings and hit somebody? You're able to survive a headshot?
    No.
    The CoD franchise was never realistic and it never will be realistic. And if it would be, why only for snipers?

    "Quickscoping is overpowered and gamebreaking"

    Quickscoping never was gamebreaking and never will be gamebreaking. It wasn't even gamebreaking in MW2 because there were enough things to counter it, like the UMP or no recoil guns aka ACR. For sure it's not cool to get quickscoped, it may make you angry. But it doesn't make you angry to get sprayed across the map with the AK74u? It doesn't make you angry to get tubed, by a guy who don't even have to aim to kill you. It doesn't make you angry to get panic knifed if you fired 3 shots in somebody? It doesn't make you angry to get killed by a RCXD car, which can be a 2 killstreak? You can't tell me quickscoping is more annoying than one of these things. I also don't want to complain about those things.
    If somebody likes to spray&pray, I let him do. If somebody likes to use only explosives, I let him do. If somebody likes to only use his knife, I let him do. It's their way to have fun in this game, so why shouldn't quickscopers have their fun?
    Removing quickscoping was one of the worst decisions Treyarch ever made.


    At the end, all I can ask Treyarch is:

    Why did you nerfed the weakest and hardest play style? I see no point in nerfing quickscoping at all. It is not cheap. It is not overpowered. Is it not gay (I didn't know a play style can have a sexuality but after reading through this forum some guys actually think it...)
    It's not gamebreaking.

    Quickscoping is a play style which is fun to play, although you could to better with a SMG, it's always nice to quickscope somebody and show his skill. Why did Treyarch remove this all time favorite play style of hundred thousand of people?


    Excuses for all my misspelling, I'm from Germany and I'm not the best at english...



    Because it turned the sniper rifles into hybrid rush weapons that, when used with practice, become superior to every weapon in the entire game.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    CrayHD

    Jackel. wrote:

     

    CrayHD wrote:

     

    So, I gonna try it again here, with a longer and more precise post.

    It's about sniping.
    So, where do I have to start. Well...

    Quickscoping

    I truly can't understand all those hate against quickscoping.
    Some arguments I hear often in this forum:

    "Quickscopers never play the objective and only try to get montage clips"
    Seriously, I quickscoped from CoD 3 to Modern Warfare, I always play the objective and I never went for montage clips. What you call "try to get montage clips" is maybe upcoming for around 5% of quickscopers. Don't generalize everybody who quickscopes because you saw it once in a game.

    "All quickscopers are 12 year old"
    All I can do here is shake my head. This is one of stupidest arguments I have ever read, but I am seeing it so often in this forum.
    How can you establish everybody who quickscope is 12 years old? You truly played to much MW2.

    "Quickscoping is unrealistic, in real life you can't quickscope"
    But in real life you can shoot somebody across 300 meters with an SMG? You can spray somebody down, who is is 30 meters away from you. You can see red flashing claymores and Turrets trough walls? You can throw tomahawks about big buildings and hit somebody? You're able to survive a headshot?
    No.
    The CoD franchise was never realistic and it never will be realistic. And if it would be, why only for snipers?

    "Quickscoping is overpowered and gamebreaking"

    Quickscoping never was gamebreaking and never will be gamebreaking. It wasn't even gamebreaking in MW2 because there were enough things to counter it, like the UMP or no recoil guns aka ACR. For sure it's not cool to get quickscoped, it may make you angry. But it doesn't make you angry to get sprayed across the map with the AK74u? It doesn't make you angry to get tubed, by a guy who don't even have to aim to kill you. It doesn't make you angry to get panic knifed if you fired 3 shots in somebody? It doesn't make you angry to get killed by a RCXD car, which can be a 2 killstreak? You can't tell me quickscoping is more annoying than one of these things. I also don't want to complain about those things.
    If somebody likes to spray&pray, I let him do. If somebody likes to use only explosives, I let him do. If somebody likes to only use his knife, I let him do. It's their way to have fun in this game, so why shouldn't quickscopers have their fun?
    Removing quickscoping was one of the worst decisions Treyarch ever made.


    At the end, all I can ask Treyarch is:

    Why did you nerfed the weakest and hardest play style? I see no point in nerfing quickscoping at all. It is not cheap. It is not overpowered. Is it not gay (I didn't know a play style can have a sexuality but after reading through this forum some guys actually think it...)
    It's not gamebreaking.

    Quickscoping is a play style which is fun to play, although you could to better with a SMG, it's always nice to quickscope somebody and show his skill. Why did Treyarch remove this all time favorite play style of hundred thousand of people?


    Excuses for all my misspelling, I'm from Germany and I'm not the best at english...



    Because it turned the sniper rifles into hybrid rush weapons that, when used with practice, become superior to every weapon in the entire game.



    No it doesn't. Let's think about it. Smg's have an ADS time of 0.2 seconds, not to mention that you can also spray with them. ARs have an ADS of 0.25 seconds, and even LMGs have an ADS time of 0.35 seconds. Snipers have an ADS time of 0.4 seconds which means, the one who has the faster reactions wins the gunfight, and that's the way it should. Even not to mention that you can speed up the ADS time with SoH, which means with the same reaction of both persons, SMGs/ARs/LMGs will always fire the first shot which mostly makes it impossible for the sniper to win the gunfight because of the viewkick.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)

    CrayHD wrote:

     

    Jackel. wrote:

     

    CrayHD wrote:

     

    So, I gonna try it again here, with a longer and more precise post.

    It's about sniping.
    So, where do I have to start. Well...

    Quickscoping

    I truly can't understand all those hate against quickscoping.
    Some arguments I hear often in this forum:

    "Quickscopers never play the objective and only try to get montage clips"
    Seriously, I quickscoped from CoD 3 to Modern Warfare, I always play the objective and I never went for montage clips. What you call "try to get montage clips" is maybe upcoming for around 5% of quickscopers. Don't generalize everybody who quickscopes because you saw it once in a game.

    "All quickscopers are 12 year old"
    All I can do here is shake my head. This is one of stupidest arguments I have ever read, but I am seeing it so often in this forum.
    How can you establish everybody who quickscope is 12 years old? You truly played to much MW2.

    "Quickscoping is unrealistic, in real life you can't quickscope"
    But in real life you can shoot somebody across 300 meters with an SMG? You can spray somebody down, who is is 30 meters away from you. You can see red flashing claymores and Turrets trough walls? You can throw tomahawks about big buildings and hit somebody? You're able to survive a headshot?
    No.
    The CoD franchise was never realistic and it never will be realistic. And if it would be, why only for snipers?

    "Quickscoping is overpowered and gamebreaking"

    Quickscoping never was gamebreaking and never will be gamebreaking. It wasn't even gamebreaking in MW2 because there were enough things to counter it, like the UMP or no recoil guns aka ACR. For sure it's not cool to get quickscoped, it may make you angry. But it doesn't make you angry to get sprayed across the map with the AK74u? It doesn't make you angry to get tubed, by a guy who don't even have to aim to kill you. It doesn't make you angry to get panic knifed if you fired 3 shots in somebody? It doesn't make you angry to get killed by a RCXD car, which can be a 2 killstreak? You can't tell me quickscoping is more annoying than one of these things. I also don't want to complain about those things.
    If somebody likes to spray&pray, I let him do. If somebody likes to use only explosives, I let him do. If somebody likes to only use his knife, I let him do. It's their way to have fun in this game, so why shouldn't quickscopers have their fun?
    Removing quickscoping was one of the worst decisions Treyarch ever made.


    At the end, all I can ask Treyarch is:

    Why did you nerfed the weakest and hardest play style? I see no point in nerfing quickscoping at all. It is not cheap. It is not overpowered. Is it not gay (I didn't know a play style can have a sexuality but after reading through this forum some guys actually think it...)
    It's not gamebreaking.

    Quickscoping is a play style which is fun to play, although you could to better with a SMG, it's always nice to quickscope somebody and show his skill. Why did Treyarch remove this all time favorite play style of hundred thousand of people?


    Excuses for all my misspelling, I'm from Germany and I'm not the best at english...



    Because it turned the sniper rifles into hybrid rush weapons that, when used with practice, become superior to every weapon in the entire game.



    No it doesn't. Let's think about it. Smg's have an ADS time of 0.2 seconds, not to mention that you can also spray with them. ARs have an ADS of 0.25 seconds, and even LMGs have an ADS time of 0.35 seconds. Snipers have an ADS time of 0.4 seconds which means, the one who has the faster reactions wins the gunfight, and that's the way it should. Even not to mention that you can speed up the ADS time with SoH, which means with the same reaction of both persons, SMGs/ARs/LMGs will always fire the first shot which mostly makes it impossible for the sniper to win the gunfight because of the viewkick.



    When you said nerf, I assumed you meant the view kick and the removal of the increased effect that comes with SoH pro.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    Izoto
    If you have problems fighting up close, get scout pro. It lets you switch your weapons really fast.


    A sniper should never have to pull of close shots unless it's a desperate surprise move. If thats happening to you a lot, then you're not doing it rite.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    CrayHD

    Jackel. wrote:

     

    CrayHD wrote:

     

    Jackel. wrote:

     

    ]So, I gonna try it again here, with a longer and more precise post.



    Because it turned the sniper rifles into hybrid rush weapons that, when used with practice, become superior to every weapon in the entire game.



    No it doesn't. Let's think about it. Smg's have an ADS time of 0.2 seconds, not to mention that you can also spray with them. ARs have an ADS of 0.25 seconds, and even LMGs have an ADS time of 0.35 seconds. Snipers have an ADS time of 0.4 seconds which means, the one who has the faster reactions wins the gunfight, and that's the way it should. Even not to mention that you can speed up the ADS time with SoH, which means with the same reaction of both persons, SMGs/ARs/LMGs will always fire the first shot which mostly makes it impossible for the sniper to win the gunfight because of the viewkick.



    When you said nerf, I assumed you meant the view kick and the removal of the increased effect that comes with SoH pro.



    Sorry, don't know what you mean:/
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    CrayHD

    Izoto wrote:

     

    If you have problems fighting up close, get scout pro. It lets you switch your weapons really fast.


    A sniper should never have to pull of close shots unless it's a desperate surprise move. If thats happening to you a lot, then you're not doing it rite.



    1. Yes, yes, yes that's true, but read my post again. What you say is about realism, which shouldn't be implemented in this game, and if it is it also should be for SMGs.

    2. The maps don't allow you to not get in CQC.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    I meant, that the removal of SoH pro from snipers was apart of the nerf, in addition to the increased view kick.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    The OP is right, sniping is seriously gimped in Black Ops, and i don't know why all these people who don't even snipe that much are trying to say that it isn't.  If the snipers were brought back to their original form in the beta, then i think that all these threads complaining about sniping would stop.  This would be the smartest move because it would please both sides.  The snipers would be more practical to use, yet they would still be balanced due to the slow ADS which would prevent MW2 style quick scoping.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    CrayHD

    Avonos wrote:

     

    The OP is right, sniping is seriously gimped in Black Ops, and i don't know why all these people who don't even snipe that much are trying to say that it isn't.  If the snipers were brought back to their original form in the beta, then i think that all these threads complaining about sniping would stop.  This would be the smartest move because it would please both sides.  The snipers would be more practical to use, yet they would still be balanced due to the slow ADS which would prevent MW2 style quick scoping.



    This is exactly what I try to tell with my thread, but the people just don't get it.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    CrayHD
    Seriously guys, I don't know if you play against noobs, you have an invisible hack or you just talk BS. I tried sniping today again. I tried to be the campiest sniper ever.(with changing positions after getting a kill) I tried to run&gun. I tried a mix of both. I tried tactical movement.
    My best score was 34-20. If you say that's ok for a sniper, no it isn't. The problem is that guys ALWAYS went for a revenge kill. I tried to change my position as often as possible, but there are at most 3-4 good spots per map. And if somebody went for a revenge kill, I have no chance. Why? Because before I'm even able to aim at him, he kills me. That's the problem. I don't want to remove the SoH patch for snipers, because the SoH patch was all what snipers needed. There was no need of another nerf to snipers. I don't want to run&gun with my sniper like I can with a SMG, but I want to have a chance to defend myself in CQC, because there is NO way to prevent it. Don't tell me I should use my secondary, before it's even out I'm a dead man. I'm very sorry, that you quickscoping experience got destroyed because of MW2 quickscoping, but Black Ops isn't MW2. Nobody complained about CoD4 quickscoping, these hates on quickscoping only exist since MW2 is out. I'm also sorry for all those 360 tryhard out there, I know they don't help their team, but it's the fault of us quickscopers? No.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    I just got done playing some COD for a few hours, and i only saw 3 snipers the whole time.  Everyone of them was negative at the end of each match.  These players were not bad players at all, and i say this because i saw one of them switch weapons mid-game and actually boost there score enough to go positive.  Once this player actually had a useful weapon in his hand he was able to help the team out.  This might not be the best example for some, but the point im trying to make is that this is not an isolated incident, i see very few snipers ever actually help out there team by going positive.

    You don't need to point out all of the flaws with snipers to make a point, nor do you need to make references to previous COD titles, all you simply need to do is look at your stats, and check the killed by weapons section.  I still, with over 3 days played have yet to break the 100 death mark from sniper rifles.  That is truly sad for the sniping community, because the sniper rifle was once a commonly used weapon, and it was actually useful in assisting your team, now its almost taboo to use one if your team is trying to win.

    There is something seriously wrong with the sniper rifles in this game, and my stats are proof of this, i mean why else would you see so few people sniping in BO?  I don't want a return of quick scoping like in MW2, and i am in favor of snipers not receiving the SOH perk, however, i am not in favor of making snipers an obsolete weapon.  Sure you can still snipe to a certain degree, but lets be real, you know that on every map your score would be significantly better if you were using an AR or SMG.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)
    MovinSoSlow18
    The snipers as they are now are possible to use..They are just not very effective weapons at any range in comparison. Every time i see someone running between two buildings i zoom in for the shot and do not even take it because by time my scope is done bobbling around they guy has already made it out of my line of sight. The for mentioned scenario gives me a sad face every time it happens. Although i can do well with the sniper rifles as is i do not find it as fun as it used to be.
  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)

    I have been playing cod since cod 1 on the pc.And let me tell you it was relistic.Im not sure why you would start off on cod 3.That game was very bad.Cod 2 was much better.Anyways.Nobody cares about objectives.Its cod.Thats bf games.

  • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)

    I myself have gotten mad due to quickscoping. Mainly because of the arguement of it can't be done with a scoped rifle of any kind. The solution I found to not caring about it anymore was to play hardcore. For all I know i got killed by someone looking down the scope like it is meant to.

     

    What I'd like to see is them to make the ability to quickscope a perk. Nobody can reload like SOH allows, FJ wouldn't save you from a claymore, do not believe anything can keep you hidden from infrared(if I'm wrong let me know what it is, it'd be interesting). The point is all of them perks allow one to do the impossible. I'd also like to see rifles like the FAL and M14 get scopes, OHKs from the chest up. Before you all blow a gasket, the EBR 21(might have that wrong) from MW2 is just a slightly modified M14. I read a story once of a British soldier shooting a L1A1 into a crowd of unruly citizens. One shot killed three and stopped in the fourth.

     

    That's my thoughts, and my drunk ass is off to bed.

    • Re: Treyarch just need to understand this.(Sniping&Wall of Text)

      Im really on the fence here I wouldn't go to the lenghts of saying i love QS but don't hate it at the same time it can be fun with mates of if you really need to get that shot of quickly. But i must admit i loved the L96 on Black ops even got a gameplay on jungle going 47-2 with it. I think i like the difference between IW and 3A I think the both need something slighty different between one another.