1 2 3 Previous Next 84 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 7:38 PM by slopingpainter2 RSS

Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered

revitup360
Think about it, if a weapon is used so much more than any other gun then it must be pretty powerful. I have been killed almost 200 more times by the 74 than the next gun up, the galil. I counted how many times i died from the 74 in one game and i ended up dying 7 times by the 74 and 14 times total. Half of my deaths were by that gun which really shouldn't happen when there are about 30 guns to choose from.

Here are a couple of comparisons it has to assault rifles...

1. It is a 5HK at the max range just like most of the weaker AR's
2. It has the clip size of AR's
3. It can have a grenade launcher put on it like AR's
4. It also has the most amount of attachments than any other gun
*Here are some more things it has that makes it even better..
5. Your movement is not hindered like an AR
6. You unlock it early on
7. It has a tiny crosshair just like SMG's
8. Reload is actually pretty fast
9. Iron sight is a easy one to use

Now lets look at the "Bad" parts about it
1. It has quite a bit of kick               (Use grip and it fixes that problem!)
2. ... Can't think of any more bad things about it TBH

Now there isn't any other gun that has that many Pro's and so little Con's. If you can think of one then post it!

I know there are at least a billion threads about the 74 but instead of posting this on the billions of threads and bumping them to the top of the board I would rather just post one expressing how badly the 74 needs to be nerfed. So think about this... Weapons are overused for a reason so why would the 74 be used so much?

PS: Saying not to balance it because it is the only weapon that kills is stupid since that just proves it does more damage than any other gun. Also, its a video game so no one cares about how "real life" would work. So please try to figure out a legitimate excuse why the 74 shouldn't be put down a few notches to balance it with the rest of the guns.
  • 1. Re: Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered
    I tried tha ak74u for a few days, and didn't do as amazing as I thought I would, since so many ppl use it. To me, the gun is stereotyped, therefore overused, which in a way is almost as annoying if it actually were TRULY overpowered. Personally, I use the M14, since it's always a 2-3 hit kill any range, but the ak74u, as I experianced it, was a 3-6 hit kill.
  • 2. Re: Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered
    revitup360
    Tell me, what weapon are you killed by most? What does it say on your player card?
  • 3. Re: Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered
    ghosthound
    Why does it matter if it is overpowered or overused?

Use it yourself. 
  • 4. Re: Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered
    CulinaryKilla
    Out of the 25 people on my friends list that plays BO, 23 of them have been killed by the 74u more times than any other gun.

I don't think it's game breaking, but it does have a little too much going for it.

Why does it matter if it is overpowered or overused?

Balancing issues.
  • 5. Re: Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered
    As I've said before, you have no reason to complain if you choose to use an inferior weapon over a superior one.
  • 6. Re: Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered
    Knight Templar 13
    i really have to say this:

who cares anymore? this topic has already been beaten to death many times over and all these threads are now just spam since people dont know how to use the search function.
  • 7. Re: Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered
    krubshott
    :shock:  Overused =/= Overpowered (Or even a good gun)

I admit, I have been killed by the AK74U the most and Famas is second but what does that tell you?

revitup360 wrote:

6. You unlock it early on

Yes! Both guns unlock at low levels and guess what most of the population is a low level. I guarantee you there are more people level 17 and under than there are people higher than that. This is not taking prestige into account because you still have to reset guns.

Also, when somebody picks a gun, they get good at it. Why would you want to "try" another gun when you are already good with the one you have?

Let's face it, the masses are dumb. If a guy like *cough* *cough* YOU sees that a lot of people are using one gun, then you will use that gun as well. Then the next guy, then the next guy...

Shall I carry on? Literally, the guns not even that great.

To be honest, I don't even use SMG's because assualt rifles suit me a lot better. I prefer the Galil, AK47, Commando, AUG, G11, or if I had to even the Skorpion, Spectre, or MPL to the all holy 74U 
  • 8. Re: Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered
    CulinaryKilla

Yes! Both guns unlock at low levels and guess what most of the population is a low level. I guarantee you there are more people level 17 and under than there are people higher than that. This is not taking prestige into account because you still have to reset guns.

Also, when somebody picks a gun, they get good at it. Why would you want to "try" another gun when you are already good with the one you have

So why isn't the MP5K used as much as the 74u? It's one of the guns that you unlock at level one...
  • 9. Re: Ak-74 overused can mean its overpowered
    krubshott

krubshott wrote:

Let's face it, the masses are dumb. If a guy like *cough* *cough* YOU sees that a lot of people are using one gun, then you will use that gun as well. Then the next guy, then the next guy...

1 2 3 Previous Next