14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 7:53 PM by daisy1212 RSS

Why complain about ghost?

TheePwange
I use ghost pro on almost all of my classes. I do not camp, I run around and get kills. My k/d is 1.7 something, it's not good but its better than most campers. If you don't believe me than play with me or look up my gt, I will be posting more vids on my acct later today (have to edit them). I don't see the point of camping especially in the middle of no where. The only reason people would call me a "camper" is in domination when B Flag is not captured I sit there and defend it so my team can capture it then I run around. If that is camping then I guess I'm a minor camper. I call that defending. Anyone my point is 99% of the time I am running around unless sniping when sniping I shift from vantage point to vantage point (That class usually doesn't have ghost so no big deal. What are your thoughts on ghost? Why must people say its OP get a SR-71 or dogs. I get an SR-71 every 5 games or so sometimes back to back but I have alot of them. GT is (right now) TMG Pw4nGe MD changing it this weekend sometime and will edit post.
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    Jawshewah
    Not aloud to post tags here
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    suppafinga

    Jawshewah wrote:

     

    Not aloud to post tags here


    He's posting his own GT, not someone elses moron. If posting your own GT was against the rules, Treyarch wouldn't have added the "link your account" function.

    Defending, camping and sniping are three totally different play styles, but a lot of people seem to think they're all just the same. If you're defending an objective, then hell yeah! You're one of the few players that actually play objective games for the objective. Others just play it like TDM to make their KDR's go up so it'll increase the size of their "e-peen".

    I have no qualms with the Ghost Perk. I don't use it, but I don't see why everyone is getting their panties in a wad because of it. It's been a perk since CoD4. I can consistantly keep my KDR at 1.76 without using Ghost. It was near 2.0 but damn those objective games!
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    cold blooded has been in every cod yet, and its no different than what ghost does.. kids that suck at this game just need something to cry about.
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    iiSuperman

    x Newdull x wrote:

     

    cold blooded has been in every cod yet, and its no different than what ghost does.. kids that suck at this game just need something to cry about.



    For every 10 posts complaining about ghost, there are 100 saying, "Why complain about ghost?  I use it because... it isn't OP because..."

    You get the point.  The only problem I have is the correlation between ghost and camping.  Less stopping power means more ghost... More ghost means more camping... More camping means less fun objective games...

    Less fun objective games = 

    Easy wins are no fun... Neither are outrageous losses.
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    TheePwange

    suppafinga wrote:

     

    Jawshewah wrote:

     

    Not aloud to post tags here


    He's posting his own GT, not someone elses moron. If posting your own GT was against the rules, Treyarch wouldn't have added the "link your account" function.

    Defending, camping and sniping are three totally different play styles, but a lot of people seem to think they're all just the same. If you're defending an objective, then hell yeah! You're one of the few players that actually play objective games for the objective. Others just play it like TDM to make their KDR's go up so it'll increase the size of their "e-peen".

    I have no qualms with the Ghost Perk. I don't use it, but I don't see why everyone is getting their panties in a wad because of it. It's been a perk since CoD4. I can consistantly keep my KDR at 1.76 without using Ghost. It was near 2.0 but damn those objective games!



    I use ghost mainly because I play objective games and like to sneak behind and take their objective I have people call me a camper because I defend a flag. It pisses me off becuase I don't think I'm camping but than people say I am so its like wtf's the point. If we are winning by alot that is when I play it like TDM. I love objective games   What I hate are when people camp NO WHERE NEAR an objective and they say they are defending they don't even have a los on the objective. Thank you for agreeing with me btw!      
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    I don't have any problems with Ghost.
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    combatvetizaf

    ficko88 wrote:

     

    I don't have any problems with Ghost.



     

    To the OP - People who complain about Ghost are overly reliant on the radar and kill streaks to rack up their score.  Play some hardcore, get used to not having a radar 100% of the time, and then go back to regular objective/FFA/TDM games and you'll see a world of difference in your play.

    The problem is that so many people's introduction to COD was MW2 in which Cold Blooded was rarely used in lieu of Stopping Power.  Without that perk competing for a slot more people are using Ghost and players aren't used to stealth classes.

    Go nice and slow and quarter your corners and you won't have a problem.
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    Anthony Lucas
    People always have something to complain about the problem i have is the way treyarch will bend over backwards to facilitate these children. Not slating Treyarch or anything IMO they are doing a great job and have adressed some serious issues, saying that they have turned a blind eye to others. The fact of the matter is they moaned about the 74u till it got nerfed, moved onto other things and what is next Ghost even though in every game there has been a variation of ghost. The only difference with black ops is there is no stopping power in the same tier and to be honest that perk was OP.
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    JonnyR17

    CombatVet IZ AF wrote:

     

    ficko88 wrote:

     

    I don't have any problems with Ghost.



     

    To the OP - People who complain about Ghost are overly reliant on the radar and kill streaks to rack up their score.  Play some hardcore, get used to not having a radar 100% of the time, and then go back to regular objective/FFA/TDM games and you'll see a world of difference in your play.

    The problem is that so many people's introduction to COD was MW2 in which Cold Blooded was rarely used in lieu of Stopping Power.  Without that perk competing for a slot more people are using Ghost and players aren't used to stealth classes.

    Go nice and slow and quarter your corners and you won't have a problem.



    Yeah...tried HC but it is sooooo booorrrriiinnngggg

    everybody just sits and camps, games never reach the kill limit and any sort of running around will just get you a bad KD

    I used to play HC on MW2 but the levels in BO do not facilitate sniping (which is the main reason I like to play HC since it's impossible in core)
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    TheePwange

    JonnyR17 wrote:

     

    CombatVet IZ AF wrote:

     

    ficko88 wrote:

     

    I don't have any problems with Ghost.



     

    To the OP - People who complain about Ghost are overly reliant on the radar and kill streaks to rack up their score.  Play some hardcore, get used to not having a radar 100% of the time, and then go back to regular objective/FFA/TDM games and you'll see a world of difference in your play.

    The problem is that so many people's introduction to COD was MW2 in which Cold Blooded was rarely used in lieu of Stopping Power.  Without that perk competing for a slot more people are using Ghost and players aren't used to stealth classes.

    Go nice and slow and quarter your corners and you won't have a problem.



    Yeah...tried HC but it is sooooo booorrrriiinnngggg

    everybody just sits and camps, games never reach the kill limit and any sort of running around will just get you a bad KD




    I used to play HC on MW2 but the levels in BO do not facilitate sniping (which is the main reason I like to play HC since it's impossible in core)


    That's the way I feel about HC I think way more campers there. I'm sticking with core I just hate being called camper or noob by people, who's K/d is under 0.9, when I defend and objective or use ghost. I have a 1.70+ k/d and thats not good but I am way better than them. So wtf people need to stop complaining and play the ******* game.
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    Bduff123

    ficko88 wrote:

     

    I don't have any problems with Ghost.


    Nor do I...
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    TheePwange
    Ghost IMO is the pro perk Hardline is for people that can't get 11 kills on there own.  Scavenger is for people who are to afraid to use another gun (pick up and run) Flak Jacket is for people who don't know how to run (away from the explosion) and Lightwieght is average. I don't have problems with these perks I just think people need not complain this game is nearly perfect the only problems if any are technical or glitches. SO please do not complain about perks or guns. Just play the game and enjoy.
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    That6uy420p
    I don't use ghost... if I'm camping I want you to find me.... 
    if you can't find me then I don't get kills ...  spot my little red mark on the map and come find me... please
  • Re: Why complain about ghost?
    daisy1212

    my husband is having the same problem he dont like cheaters with thier mod controllers and they put it on god moder and they dont die and people get pissed and yet it dont matter that u report them they still continue to have an account so whats the point of having a game to where people can cheat