1 2 3 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2011 8:10 PM by U_GOT_SHlT_ON_ RSS

~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]

WesTCoastiN
Win win situation? By far the main argument for those against snipers is that snipers ruin games by going hugely negative because they're either attempting "trick shots" or because they're simply outgunned by anybody using an automatic. So why has the idea of a sniper only playlist not been more seriously discussed by we the community and the developers of the games.

Snipers could have a playlist where they can quick-scope, hard-scope, trick shot or do whatever they want and not have to worry about getting mowed down by someone simply spraying with an automatic. While on the other hand people not sniping can play regular playlists without having to worry about "xXQuickScoperXx dropping a 0-20 game because he was trying to trick shot the whole time.

I for one love sniping, however sniping in Black Ops is just not viable. Random sway, random bullet spread when not scoped in long enough, slow ADS times, bad hit detection, second chance, hitmarkers etc. All make sniping in Black Ops vs automatics just damn near impossible. I would love to have a playlist where I can be on an equal playing field vs nothing but other snipers, and the whole time I'm having fun in my sniping lobby automatic users can have their fun playing the game the way they enjoy it.

So far the only discussion I've seen that could perhaps be against this idea is do you either have the game developer create their ideas of what a typical sniper class would be and allow you to chose from pre-picked classes or do you script the game to make it so the user can't pick classes non sniper primary but allow them all access to everything else (secondaries excluded), and clearly the answer to that is allow the user to chose.

(Just to clarify, the coding needed to make this come true is quite easy. If you would think back to MW2 you might remember One Man Army and how it canceled out your secondary. Well all the developers would need to do is make it so all primary's non sniper are unavailable and secondaries are canceled out in general.)

Thoughts?
  • 1. Re: ~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]
    have you seen karen?
    It won't happen. Vahn seems to think that only a minority would play it.

I'd be willing to bet a decent sum that there would be a colossal amount of players who would at least give it a try.

Such a unique gametype would be amazing.

Better yet, how about a gametype where everyone votes on a gun/atachments to use and then they play random gametypes? That in itself sounds like a blast.
  • 2. Re: ~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]
    WesTCoastiN

have you seen karen? wrote:

It won't happen. Vahn seems to think that only a minority would play it.

I'd be willing to bet a decent sum that there would be a colossal amount of players who would at least give it a try.

Such a unique gametype would be amazing.

Better yet, how about a gametype where everyone votes on a gun/atachments to use and then they play random gametypes? That in itself sounds like a blast.

I'm not just talking about in Black Ops though but for future games as well.

As for Vahn's argument I don't believe that to be logical, MLG was a playlist that Bungie and others thought would only be played by a small minority and while it only peaked at about 13,000 people it stayed at 13,000 and had a devoted following. The biggest complaint about the CoD franchise is the lack of creativity in it's playlists. I say why not give it a chance?
  • 3. Re: ~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]
    WesTCoastiN
    Playlists I think would be awesome:

- Sniper only playlist
    - MLG playlist
    - VIP playlist

Sniper only playlist would be as it implies... A playlist where primary's are limited to snipers only (no secondaries)
    MLG playlist would follow the rules and settings MLG uses for their events.
    VIP (Very Important Person) would be a playlist where one team is on offense and one team is on defense, the defensive team has one person, picked at random to be the VIP and the offensive teams objective would be to kill him. The VIP would of course be given VIP properties such as increased health and increased bullet damage and movement speed, and the offensive team would have a 10 second respawn time while the defensive team would have no respawn delay forcing the offensive team to play smart in order to not constantly be on a spawn delay.
  • 4. Re: ~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]
    have you seen karen?
    Definitely. If you pulled together a group or a petition for these, I'd give you 100% approval.
  • 5. Re: ~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]
    schmambuman
    I don't think the trickshotters would switch though. Don't mean to hate on your idea, but all the true trickshotters would probably think that it was easier going against other people with snipers than with automatics, so they would probably just stay.
  • 6. Re: ~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]
    WesTCoastiN

have you seen karen? wrote:

Definitely. If you pulled together a group or a petition for these, I'd give you 100% approval.

Thanks, I don't know how to start a potention but if enough people post in this thread and tweet it to David/JD2020 I'm sure it will get some notoriety. Let's show Treyarch what a devoted following looks like
  • 7. Re: ~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]
    WesTCoastiN

schmambuman wrote:

I don't think the trickshotters would switch though. Don't mean to hate on your idea, but all the true trickshotters would probably think that it was easier going against other people with snipers than with automatics, so they would probably just stay.

What? You kind of went against my idea by reinforcing it lol. I think you made a typo.
  • 8. Re: ~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]
    MEGAxCptnWalrus
    i think this is a GREAT idea.  Treyarch and (anyone making CoD games really) need to realize atleast 53% of the players are snipers, or atleast try some trickshots everynow and then. 

I use assault rifles as a main, but its fun to switch it up and try quick scoping.  Making a playlist for that is perfect.

Frankly i can't see how this would be set up though, it'd most likely end up making you pick from pre set classes, but i guess those would be fine
  • 9. Re: ~ Sniper Only Playlist Discussion ~ [1/1]
    WesTCoastiN

MEGAxCptnWalrus wrote:

i think this is a GREAT idea.  Treyarch and (anyone making CoD games really) need to realize atleast 53% of the players are snipers, or atleast try some trickshots everynow and then. 

I use assault rifles as a main, but its fun to switch it up and try quick scoping.  Making a playlist for that is perfect.

Frankly i can't see how this would be set up though, it'd most likely end up making you pick from pre set classes, but i guess those would be fine

No, not necessarily. The coding needed to make this come true is quite easy.
    MW2 for example had one man army cancel out your secondaries which goes to show you it's possible.
1 2 3 Previous Next