8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2011 7:31 AM by DXarmyBiggestMember RSS

I really don't want to do this but you have to see this.

Before I get to the point, I'd like to make some disclaimers.
1. I despise people who spam their YouTube vids everywhere.
2. I do this for fun.

It seems like to only way to get some recognition on YouTube is to advertise a little which is all I'm doing.

I am simply just asking you to check it out. I'm not asking you to "FAV,LIKE, AND SUB PLZ!!!". I'm just asking for you to give it a shot.

Again I do this for fun, it just isnt as fun when you don't have a decent amount of people to share it with.

Without further adieu, http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTunnelRat?feature=mhum

P.S . I could care less if you don't like it or think its bad, don't flame me saying that its bad when I never said it was good. If you have constructive criticism, that's fine, don't be a total douche. 
  • Re: I really don't want to do this but...
    kastro187420
    This is going to be a little off-topic in terms of not being directly about any videos on your channel, but rather "channel advertising" as a whole.

Honestly, you really don't need to advertise to get your channel to grow. If you genuinely just enjoy making videos, just keep uploading them, using all the tags that you need for it to show up on search results. It will start to grow as you add more videos and keep it active. I had a channel with something like 80 subscribers, and I rarely uploaded videos (like less than once a month). I know 80 is a far cry from the 50,000+ that directors get, but still. Simply being active and uploading material that you enjoy, that will help your channel grow.

If you have a video that relates to another video that someone posted, share it that way and people will check it out. I've seen quite a few channels grow bigger solely through word of mouth. One of the people that I'm subscribed to infact has something like 1700 subscribers, and he hasn't once went around advertising his channel or putting up things like "90-1 Domination!". He just puts up videos that he just thinks people will enjoy, and it pays off.

That's the real secret I think... make the channel something that you enjoy doing.. don't do it trying to get it to grow, just let it do that naturally. One of the side-effects of open advertising I think is, it draws in the people that you really don't want commenting on your videos too. This video here kind of describes what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SOanpQLFZk

He talks about his channel and deciding how to get it grow (natural vs a more forceful approach), and the pros/cons of each. I would recommend giving it a listen and seeing if anything you hear on there helps you out, or any of the comments on the video helps you out.
  • Re: I really don't want to do this but you have to see this.
    Thanks that really helps a lot, I was just getting hopeless because I only have 28 subs and I have uploaded 20 vids since like September of this year. I get so excited when I get that email with a new subscriber. To be honest I would be happy with around 100 subs. I just want a crowd. I enjoy uploading vids its just its not as enjoyable if there is no one to share them with, kind of like how money is.
    Lavaster
    This reminds me of those annoying, stupid-*** ******* friend requests and messages I get coming from people who only want me to make them famous.
    kastro187420

mufassa wrote:

Thanks that really helps a lot, I was just getting hopeless because I only have 28 subs and I have uploaded 20 vids since like September of this year. I get so excited when I get that email with a new subscriber. To be honest I would be happy with around 100 subs. I just want a crowd. I enjoy uploading vids its just its not as enjoyable if there is no one to share them with, kind of like how money is.

I've always preferred quality over Quantity. And even though you only have 28 Subs right now, those 28 (assuming you haven't done the whole "Sub4Sub" thing) are going to be more quality subscribers than a simple number. 100 Subs that are constructive and genuinely enjoy your videos, I think is worth more than 5000 subs who will maybe watch it, and leave a generic comment.

It also helps to have a somewhat bit of a variety of videos (but still making sure it's something you enjoy). Your channel will grow as long as you simply stay true to what you want your channel to be about. Link people to certain videos if it's relevant to the conversation at the time and that too will help (as I did in that last post, I linked you to a guy I'm subscribed to).

A lot of people tend to struggle with what kind of videos they should upload. They see these director channels that post just "beast gameplay" videos, and think that's what it takes to get a good channel.. but it really isn't. On my new youtube channel, I really don't have that many subs (I think like 4 lol), but that's mostly because all I have uploaded a short theater clips.. but they're clips that I enjoy myself, so I don't mind.

So yeah, my advice, don't force your channel. Let it grow naturally and you'll draw in the right people for your video style.

Kastro187420 wrote:

mufassa wrote:

I've always preferred quality over Quantity. And even though you only have 28 Subs right now, those 28 (assuming you haven't done the whole "Sub4Sub" thing) are going to be more quality subscribers than a simple number. 100 Subs that are constructive and genuinely enjoy your videos, I think is worth more than 5000 subs who will maybe watch it, and leave a generic comment.

It also helps to have a somewhat bit of a variety of videos (but still making sure it's something you enjoy). Your channel will grow as long as you simply stay true to what you want your channel to be about. Link people to certain videos if it's relevant to the conversation at the time and that too will help (as I did in that last post, I linked you to a guy I'm subscribed to).

A lot of people tend to struggle with what kind of videos they should upload. They see these director channels that post just "beast gameplay" videos, and think that's what it takes to get a good channel.. but it really isn't. On my new youtube channel, I really don't have that many subs (I think like 4 lol), but that's mostly because all I have uploaded a short theater clips.. but they're clips that I enjoy myself, so I don't mind.

So yeah, my advice, don't force your channel. Let it grow naturally and you'll draw in the right people for your video style.

Thanks I really appreciate the insightful response. I like the content I upload and think that I can always improve. That is the funnest part, improving and uploading what is entertaining to me. I would much rather have 100 subs that really enjoy my content , rather than 5000 who dont really care.

For the record, this is my first time advertising anything on my channel. I don't sub4sub or invite random people to become friends or message random people telling them to check out my latest thing.
    kastro187420

mufassa wrote:

Thanks I really appreciate the insightful response. I like the content I upload and think that I can always improve. That is the funnest part, improving and uploading what is entertaining to me. I would much rather have 100 subs that really enjoy my content , rather than 5000 who dont really care.

For the record, this is my first time advertising anything on my channel. I don't sub4sub or invite random people to become friends or message random people telling them to check out my latest thing.

That's how I am really too. I get random friend requests all the time, but before I accept them, I give their channel a quick-review and see if they're just adding me for "extra numbers" or if they're adding me because they're a fan of the videos. I've denied probably close to a hundred friend requests on my new channel since I opened it. I just don't like to have a bunch of people on my channel who are looking just to increase a number count.
    ok execpt 74u nd famas parts
    DXarmyBiggestMember
    You just gained one new subscriber.