11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2011 4:57 PM by battlehead2009 RSS

Fatal Error

MattyJoe78
Black Ops, besides World at War is my favourite. But Black Ops is getting on my nerves. I have had it since release, it worked well for 2 months and then errors began to happen. A lot of the time, my game freezes 15min in. Right now, I get a "Fatal Error" every minute.

My Major Specs:
PSU: 550W
CPU: AMD Phenom 9500 4X 2.1GHz
GPU: ATi HD5750 1GB DDR5

Please help, Treyarch.
  • Re: Fatal Error
    Treyarch isn't going to help you here. What have you done so far? Have you updated your graphics drivers correctly? Have you reinstalled windows in a while? What's different about your pc now than when it ran correctly? Windows version?
    MattyJoe78
    So far.
    1. Verified Game Cache for both Call of Duty: Black Ops & Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer.
    2. Defragmented both Call of Duty: Black Ops & Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer.
    3. Installed DirectX 9.
    4. Reinstalled Black Ops twice.
    5. Installed new drivers.
    6. Tried different resolutions.
    7. Change console commands (with help from a few youtube video's).
    8. Deleted the conflig.cfg and config_mp.cfg

None of these worked. I was hoping some Technician from Treyarch would know this and help :o  . But if not, I am hoping for someone with good solutions that will fit my needs will help...
    KNdamnskippy
    You might get suggestions here on how to fix your problem, but you are really in the wrong place. 

You need to contact support. 
    http://www.activision.com/support
    MattyJoe78
    I want full working solutions...not contacting someone. That's why I dug up my old rusty account and posted on here...

Now back onto topic.
    mczgb
    Try changing texture quality from automatic to high, or medium - that helped me with fatal errors...
    techno2k9

MattyJoe78 wrote:

I want full working solutions...not contacting someone. That's why I dug up my old rusty account and posted on here...

Now back onto topic.

Drop the attitude!!!

People have told you what you need to do, Treyarch do not post here and to be honest most people on here would not know how to fix something like that.

You have been told to contact Activision support as they should be able to help you and all you did was give them s*hit with a crap attitude.

Other than that try a reinstall of Window's followed by only anti-virus and game, then run it and see what happen's if it work's fine start installing programmes 1 by 1 and running the game after it.

Either way that is all the help you are going to get from me and I sugest no one else help this guy as if it doesn't work then you will getting nothing but attitude from them.
    MattyJoe78
    Looks like you are starting a drama/flame war. I came here for help. Not to ask for help to get help to ask Activision for help. I was hoping that at least some people would stay onto topic instead of contacting someone else. I came HERE for help HERE, not anywhere else.
    =CNR=Ozzy
    Change graphics from auto to high works for the most of us.
    gearup
    i had those problem before whit fatal error and crash and i had to wait like 2 minute before being able to browse servers
    now i moved from my place and iam now in an other whit a different internet setting and no error or crash or so long waiting
    so i might think that all of my problems whit the game was related to my internet  connection where i was. try to reset your modem and rooter
    to see if something change

MattyJoe78 wrote:

Looks like you are starting a drama/flame war. I came here for help. Not to ask for help to get help to ask Activision for help. I was hoping that at least some people would stay onto topic instead of contacting someone else. I came HERE for help HERE, not anywhere else.

You already started that Mr. Drama. There isn't a defined fix for it. If you would have done a search of the forums Mr. Lazy, you would see it's one of the several issues that don't have a definite answer. Now, be gone with you sir.
    battlehead2009
    hi everyone i know no one give a flying .but could anyone tell me how to fix the fatel error in black ops as it doing my head in .thought it was my pc so tryed a dif one nope not pc not internet connection steam say not them third party ie the makers fault so please can anyone help me pmsl didnt think so

yet an other disapointment from makers take your money then s.c.r.e.w more out for maps then no surpport 

tryed it on
    due core e6750  2.66
    460 graphic
    4 gig 800hz
    vista

also tryed it on

i72600k 3.8ghz
    windows 7
    4 gig 1600hz
    460 gforce

so what you can say ive tryed it on each end of spectrum low spec and high spec