1 2 3 4 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 3:51 PM by agentdenny Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    TheMrJack0Jack
    derp_derp_derp: A good point, but I never said the current system is unfair, we could all stick on default button layout and do the same and it would be a game of faster reactions. However, I suggested this to make the game more gun oriented. It is always frustrating running around a corner and dying instantly. If the person around the corner knew I was there he could switch to his knife and do the same as he did before.
  • 11. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    alocker

AizenSouskue wrote:

If you want the game for realistic play Hardcore mode. I think your thing wouldnt be a solution. If you hit the person in the right spot with your gun or really hard, they will get knocked unconcious or even kill them. So what would you rather do knife someone to kill them or knock them unconcious so you can get the 2nd hit to kill. Since 3Arc isnt going to change knifing from what it has been in every call of duty, to a secondary action? Sorry but that suggestion is completely irrelevant. Plus it would take a completley redevelopment of the game to have a unconcious feature. So even though you make a good point i think it would be stupid to do.

You're kidding, right? Knife was added in CoD4. Obviously you started with CoD4 and up...
    It worked fine in the previous CoDs, and unconscious was not a feature.
  • 12. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    wii rocks
    If they do that it is just like what they did to the snipers one barly any one would use them because they got ride of quick scoping two its a way people play it like geting ride of camping wich is bad or getting ride on run and gunners but people will always find a way to do stuff like they didnt completely get ride of quick scoping its just harder to there will be away the only way to solve it is to get ride of kifves wich many people would maybe stop playing it not that i hate the idea its just at what price are you willing to paying for having that happen and it will never go away
  • 13. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    smackinnon7
    Just a bit random, But you should be able to Pull peoples pants down so they fall of or something :') Me and my friend were speaking about it the other day, when PS3 was up.
  • 14. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    SilentScreams91
    Black Ops is based on connection and reaction. Doesnt take a lot of skill but id like this. I like to do Knife only a lot but i always have the ballistics out anyway so this wouldnt bother me. Just make my deaths lower. I dont get nearly as mad if someone panic shoots me around a corner but i hipocritically dont like getting knifed when running around a corner to rush someone i thought was sitting there.

Also they need to fix the problem when the animation for knifing plays but you dont get the kill -.-
  • 15. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    dedicatedserversplease

derp_derp_derp wrote:

So your cousin squeezed the knife button in a panic as the other person ran around the corner, well why can't the other person do the same? Because he had a slower reaction. You have a slower reaction, you die. It's not like your cousin can knife and the other guy can't. Both of them can knife, your cousin did it faster. How is that unfair?

Possibly because a FPS should be about reactions with a gun, not a click of a button.  I miss good ol fashion close quarter combat.  If you watch killcams in SnD alot, anytime opponents are close, they try to knife instead of shoot (by close I mean 2-3 body lengths away).  There is a problem in a FPS if people are knifing first, shooting second.
  • 16. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    dedicatedserversplease

wii rocks wrote:

If they do that it is just like what they did to the snipers one barly any one would use them because they got ride of quick scoping two its a way people play it like geting ride of camping wich is bad or getting ride on run and gunners but people will always find a way to do stuff like they didnt completely get ride of quick scoping its just harder to there will be away the only way to solve it is to get ride of kifves wich many people would maybe stop playing it not that i hate the idea its just at what price are you willing to paying for having that happen and it will never go away

Quickscoping isnt hard in this game, you just have to practice it, you can master it in a couple hours.
  • 17. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    Horizon PE
    I've suggested exactly this so many times.  The screwed up melee system has plagued Call of Duty for too long.

It's not the 'panic knifing' element which I hate.  If someone knifes me before I can even react, then fair does.  It's the more the being able to lunge through bullets.  I've managed to aim and shoot in the space and time someone has a hit a button, I think I have a better reaction time.  When you ADS with any gun you receive DVK.  Now your gun isn't instantaneous, most don't kill in one hit, and the aim assist on guns is no where near as helpful as the lock for knifes.  So I'd love to know why you're hindered when shooting, but not when knifing.

I think the melee system you've suggested will bring a fresh feel to the franchise; there is a great opportunity for players to polish new techniques to get kills.  Smack and Shoot; shoot and smack. GOW style.  Although not as extreme.

I'd also suggest that being hit by someone would knock you out of ADS, but you'd still be able to hip-fire with a slightly wider spread than usual.  The 'hitter' would have a short recovery time.  This way you could still be rewarded for having better reactions.

For Black Ops, I find the knife to be pretty screwed.  I don't want Stopping Power to return, however when you could have it, you got much less knife BS.  I find that Treyarch didn't adjust the knife to fit the 'No Stopping Power'.  You seem to get knifed through bullets a lot more because you have to shoot more, simple.  A slight delay could be implemented in a patch, but I doubt they will.
  • 18. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    TheDeathlyAssassin
    Really the only problem I see with this suggestion is that there would be more people switching to Tactical and dropshotting, which lots of people frown upon (I don't, I use Tactical. If you wanna be able to get the advantage in CQC, go ahead, but in Short-Medium GUN range, I will have the advantage.) So this really isn't getting rid of the problem, it's just shifting it.
  • 19. Re: Panic Knifing: A Solution
    Black_Knight_7
    i think ppl are just mad that they have horrible reaction time

it gets me killed alot too so its a double edged sword. if the knife misses and the other person doesnt knife they can shoot before i can

its fine the way it is
1 2 3 4 Previous Next