1 23 24 25 26 27 Previous Next 294 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2011 4:23 AM by Andy Li78 Go to original post RSS
  • 240. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    twinwolf954

    delsheol wrote:

     

    If you are one of the Ghost complainers, then when you notice an entire team with ghost on bust out your explosives class.



    You have to find them first. Ghost makes people invisible - that's the problem.


    Yep, they're completely invisible to the point where bullets, fire damage and explosives pass straight through them.

    Seriously, your argument is full of QQ.
  • 241. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    My problem with ghost is that there is almost no counter to beat a guy who is hiding in an obscure corner he is going to kill you 90% of the time you run into that room for the first time.  I play a very fast passed game and rush a lot I am regularly in the top 500 for tdm with 500+ spm and a 4 k/d so im not a bad player.  I also almost exclusively play TDM solo or with 1 other player.

    My usual setup includes Flak Jacket (to avoid claymores), Sleight of Hand (best perk in the tier I'll admit its op but when rushing its a necessity),  and tactical mask pro (my new favorite perk allows me to stun a room and know if someones hiding there unfortunately I only get 2 stuns).

    A lot of people say that when he kills you you now know where he is which is true but he should not have killed me in the first place and going for revenge kills is a stupid move.

    I can rush constantly in cod 4 and get a 6k/d easily there is no random deaths from a guy hiding in corner and claymores are easy to dodge.  MW2 rushing was hard there where claymores everywhere and a lot more campers but at least i knew where they were.  Busting out an explosive class is something I use to do but they are simply not as effective as bullets sure it annoys people but I can't run into a spawn and kill 6 guys with 2 grenade launcher shots and 2 RPGs like I can with an MPL, Spectre, or Enfield.

    The problem with ghost is that it causes random deaths where the guy didn't outplay you he was just in an obscure corner they won't change it I know that its not overpowered it is however very annoying much like OMADC in MW2 its annoying but not overpowered,  Ghost is not overpowered just like OMADC is not overpowered but they are both annoying and cause random deaths.
  • 242. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Dieinhell100
    I often use Ghost.

    But that is not to say there are not times when using another Tier 1 perk would have saved me. There are often times where a flak jacket would have let me live for a little while longer so I could've secured a few more kills. There are times where I could've called in a Blackbird so I could see the ambush waiting for me upstairs had I just had Hardline. There are times where I could've held my position for a longer period of time if I had Scavenger. These times frequently pop up, even to a ghost user. Just had I been using flak jacket, there will be times where Ghost Pro would've prevented me from getting killed by a chopper gunner repeatedly.

    You just need to know how to utilize your perks, and what you can and cannot do. Obviously Ghost will not save you from that RC-XD the enemy just used, but it will save you from being shot down by that LMG user who relies on his radar. Just as Flak Jacket would've saved you from that RC-XD, but not from that LMG user who is hunting down your dot.

    Each are to their own advantages, some being more useful in one match then they were in another.
  • 243. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    I hope they bring back juggernaut and stopping power for the next cod you never see anyone with juggernaut hiding in a corner.
  • 244. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Ghost is too powerful of a perk to be put in a slot filled with small bonuses. In MW you originally traded off for SP or Jugg. for a reason.

    Let's pretend that there is no ghost in the first slot, instead there was overkill.

    That's what ghost does to the first slot. In its own way.
  • 245. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Deus_Ex_Machina

    Sam Starkweather wrote:

     

    For a reason beyond comprehension, a large influx of Ghost complainers, haters, and cry babies have been flooding the forums with unintelligent posts without any substantial evidence as to WHY the Ghost perk "needs" a nerf/ disadvantage.

    A common argument of the "anti-ghost" persuasion is that "In previous COD titles, Ghost users had to make a trade off between Stopping Power (SP) and Ghost. Now that SP has been removed, Ghost has run rampant without anything to match."

    That is a ridiculous explanation. Marathon is the most used perk, Sleight of Hand is second, and Lightweight is third, confirmed by Treyarch. http://www.codblackopsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/the_numbers_mason_V2.j pg

    The only practical use for Ghost is to help the user avoid Kill Streaks, and with the Pro version, it makes it so your name won't appear... That's it. It doesn't grant you invisibility, immunity to explosives, or the ability to walk through walls. No Aim Bot, No Super Jump, No Instant Kill.

    I'm a twelfth prestige, and I can honestly say that I see just as many Flak Jacket users, and Lightweight users, as I do Ghost users. Think about it, which is more useful, a near immunity to explosives, or becoming undetectable to a UAV? (2/3 killstreak).

    I believe that a lot of the hate for Ghost is based off on ignorance on how to effectively deal with this Play Style.
    I thought I would shine some light on how to effectively kill ghost users.

    EXPLOSIVES!
    I cannot believe why so many people find M203's, RPGs, and the like to be cheap, when it is a viable strategy to wreck a Ghost user.
    If people don't want to be blown into smithereens, then they should use Flak Jacket, and not ghost.

    I have 2 classes that are fully dedicated to only using explosives, and I get quite a few complaints.
    My suggestion is this;

    If you are one of the Ghost complainers, then when you notice an entire team with ghost on bust out your explosives class.
    If they complain, let them know there is a perk to counter explosives, and being that they aren't using that perk, they do not have standing to complain.

    So many people have fallen into the mindset that Grenade launchers are for "noobs," and I refuse to jump on that bandwagon. The M203, "under-barrel grenade launcher" has TWO grenades. Scavenger does NOT replenish the grenades, in comparison to MW2, the kill radius has been dramatically reduced, and Flak Jacket effectively reduces most damage.

    In the end, all Ghost is, is a playstyle. Whether or not you want to believe that there should be a counter for Ghost, the fact is, there are many ways to beat them. Becoming a good player at this game is all about mastering all play styles, and learning how to effectively counter ones that annoy you.


    Here is a class for Ghost crybabies, or those who are otherwise convinced that Ghost is "unstoppable."

    Primary: (ANY AR) + Under Barrel Grenade launcher
    Secondary: RPG, China Lake, or LAW.

    Perk 1: Scavenger Pro
    Perk 2: Sleight of Hand Pro/ Warlord Pro
    Perk 3: Ninja Pro/ Hacker Pro

    Lethal: Semtex or Frag
    Tactical: Flash or Stun
    Equipment: C4, Claymore, Jammer

    Explanation:

    We've come to the conclusion that explosives are a viable way to kill Ghosts, so the Grenade Launcher Attachment should make sense to have.

    Tier One Perk

    Scavenger Pro will give you more explosives. More explosives = More Ghost corpses. Additionally, this will allow you to resupply Semtex/ Frags.

    Tier Two Perk

    Sleight of Hand Pro will allow you to reload and aim faster. Ghosts apparently come out of the walls for some of you, so this may help immensely.

    OR

    Warlord Pro will give you more tactical and lethal grenades.

    Tier Three Perk

    Ninja Pro, They'll never hear you coming...

    OR

    Hacker Pro, for those who camp with Motion Sensors.

    EQUIPMENT

    Jammer: Probably the most useful tool in your arsenal. If you know where a camper is holding up, drop one of these bad boys near his location. It adds an intimidation factor, disrupts his mini-map, and his equipment.




    FAQ/A
    (Frequently Asked Questions/ Arguments)

    "Why not just shoot down enemy spy planes and not use Ghost? You're that afraid to appear on the minimap?"
    When a spy plane goes up, it usually is up for about 1-3 seconds before your team is alerted, and it takes anywhere from 5-25 seconds to actually spot it. (It may spawn out of your line of sight, i.e. behind a mountain or building). Then once you've found it, it takes 3 second to lock on, and 2 more for the rocket to actually make contact.

    We are talking about 11-33 seconds of looking up in the sky, and generally being a sitting duck, every time a spy plane goes up.
    Furthermore, you show up as a red dot all the while.


    "Ghost promotes Camping and Slow Gameplay."
    Ghost is a tool. Perks are tools. Campers select the tool they wish to use, which may often be Ghost. However, the camper will always be a camper, despite which tool he selects. Camping with Flak Jacket and Tac. Mask Pro would be a lot more efficient than camping with Ghost.

    "People who use Ghost, should not be able to use their mini-map/ and or be able to use the Spy Plane."
    So people who use Flak Jacket shouldn't use explosives?
    And people who use the Hacker Perk shouldn't use equipment?
    There are no other perks that have any disadvantage associated with them,
    other than the fact that the user is unable to use another perk in that Tier.
    Why should Ghost be the only Perk to have a disadvantage?

    There isn't any other perk that has any disadvantage associated with it, other than the fact that selecting that perk means that you're unable to use another in that same tier. If you're for this, then people who use Hacker should no longer be able to use equipment, people who use Flak Jacket should no longer be able to use explosives, people who use Sleight of hand should switch weapons slower, and a similar disadvantage should be applied to all Perks. Ghost in Black Ops is weaker than Ghost in MW2. NOT A SINGLE PERSON complained about it then, or in any of the other previous iterations of COD. It isn't OP'd, OU'd, and it is perfectly balanced with the other first tier perks.


    "After (x) amount of Spy Planes, Ghost shouldn't work."
    To be balanced, if this is instated,
    Marathon should no longer allow you to sprint longer after (x) sprints.
    Steady Aim should no longer give you better hip firing accuracy after (x) kills.
    Sleight of Hand should no longer give you a faster reload after (x) reloads.
    Etc.


    "If you use Ghost, you should do less damage."
    This makes absolutely no sense. How would your attire lessen the Killing Potential of your weapon?
    This is similar to saying, "If you use Lightweight, your gun should shoot slower."


    "Ghost 100% invalidates spy planes as a tool to be used against you out of the box. Flak Jacket isn't 100% immunity from explosives, Hacker isn't 100% immunity.. no need to deny them anything. Ghost is in a league of its own in BO."
    Balance is a state of equilibrium or parity characterized by cancellation of all forces by equal opposing forces.
    So you believe that after 2/3 kills, you should be able to know where every single opponent is?
    We might as well just set Black Bird as a 1/2 kill streak, and just eliminate the "problem" all together.
    If Flak Jacket gave the user invincibility to explosives,
    there would be almost no way to kill a camper that is using this perk in a one way building.

    If Spy Plane made it so that everyone was visible, Sniping would become no more than a novelty.
    (This game has already put sniping on the border of that)

    Hacker ALWAYS works. It's purpose is to hide you from motion sensors, and allow you to see equipment through walls.
    Lightweight ALWAYS works. It doesn't randomly decide to give you a speed boost.
    Hardline ALWAYS works. It will always allow the user to get his kill streak with one less kill. Unconditionally.
    Ninja ALWAYS works. It will always allow the user to have inaudible foot steps.

    Ghost deserves to work all of the time, as if it didn't the perks would be unbalanced.




    HOLY ****! Someone that can actually speak english, and make a valid argument!
    Proper topics like this are not commonly found on the internet.
  • 246. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    M4st3r

    A_Rocket_haha wrote:

     

    My problem with ghost is that there is almost no counter to beat a guy who is hiding in an obscure corner.


    I can't think of any room with more than 4 corners. You see one corner upon entering, turn left/right to see the remaining three. It's not an obscure corner, but here is your problem:


    I play a very fast passed game and rush a lot





    A lot of people say that when he kills you you now know where he is which is true but he should not have killed me in the first place and going for revenge kills is a stupid move.


    "he shouldn't have killed [you] in the first place"? Please explain why you should be able to kill people but they should not be able to kill you.


    I can rush constantly in cod 4 and get a 6k/d easily


    If you get it easily then it must not be much of a challenge for you. If you want things to come easy to you like they apparently were in CoD4, why not play that game?


    there is no random deaths from a guy hiding in corner...


    Why not? I have certainly been killed by guys hiding in corners.


    ...and claymores are easy to dodge.


    They are in BO as well.


    MW2 rushing was hard there where claymores everywhere and a lot more campers but at least i knew where they were. 


    So you confirmed that you want things to be easy in this game as they were in the MW games. Again, play one of those games if you want it to be easy for you.


    The problem with ghost is that it causes random deaths where the guy didn't outplay you he was just in an obscure corner...


    Refer to first quote. Please also realize that a death from someone using, say, lightweight is(not mathematically speaking) just as "random" as someone using ghost.


    they won't change it I know that its not overpowered it is however very annoying much like OMADC in MW2 its annoying but not overpowered,  Ghost is not overpowered just like OMADC is not overpowered but they are both annoying and cause random deaths.


    Well I'm glad you know it's not overpowered.
  • 247. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*

    TheOneWhoNeverShowers wrote:

     

    Maps better? How so?
    Open space? That only helped snipers.
    Guns killed quicker? Like I said. Famas in BO kills faster than any gun in MW2 with SP (excluding 1 hit kills).
    Spawns better? I just played MW2 an hour ago, I was either spawn killed or spawn killing.
    Killstreaks? Maybe, but that's because ghost is readily available making the killstreaks weak. MW2 gave you Ghost pro for free (didn't need to work for it).

    Any thing else?



    scar-h, RPD,tar-21,M4,UMP45,and the acr (maybe not the acr) kill faster than the famas. the rpd is a 2hit kill across the map and is really easy to use.
  • 248. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Sam Starkweather

    delsheol wrote:

     

    Marathon is the most used perk, Sleight of Hand is second, and Lightweight is third, confirmed by Treyarch.



    There is no information as to how the numbers are broken down. Is it the top 3 perks that people have on their kits? How do we know most players don't just use 1 or 2 kits and have a bunch of these utility perks on the other kits that hardly see any use? (Marathon and Ligthweight especially for objective-based games)

    The only practical use for Ghost is to help the user avoid Kill Streaks, and with the Pro version, it makes it so your name won't appear... That's it.



    That's a pretty big "that's it". I just want $10,000,000 to appear in my bank account... that's it.

    Let me tell you why I think Ghost is overpowered:

    1) the only direct counter to it is an 8 killstreak reward  (the SR71)
    2) it renders the Sentry Gun completely useless, because Ghost users can ignore it or eliminate it without any danger to themselves. I normally go days without seeing a Sentry Gun drop, and when I do see it drop it's normally a Ghost user throwing his crate to the other team so he can get Ghost Pro, or an unlucky roll on a care package
    3) it dramatically reduces the effectiveness of other killstreaks. You can't drop mortars on a Ghost user, you can't drop Napalm on them, because you don't know where they are. Even in objective-based games, you can hide far enough away from the objective using Ghost to avoid any direct strikes from these killstreaks.
    4) it allows users to equip launchers and take out 9 and 11 killstreak rewards in seconds, often before they can get more than two or three kills (Chopper Gunner, Hind). The Hind was great before everyone got Ghost Pro and figured out what a Strela was. Even worse is that the secondary weapons are so weak, that there is little option other than to equip a Strela unless you're a sniper that wants a pistol as a secondary
    5) it embarasses the other tier 1 perks. Lightweight makes you run 7 percent faster, useful only on utility builds and some joke/weird builds (e.g. shotgun classes). Scavenger amounts to grenade refills at the end of the day... the ammo you pick up from the packs means little since you can just grab somebody else's gun off of the ground. Hardline is all right but you are forced to stick with the early killstreaks to maximize effectiveness, but again a Ghost user is practically immune to most killstreaks. Flak Jacket is competitive if you are reckless player or play a specialized role (e.g. defuser in an objective map)

    If you are one of the Ghost complainers, then when you notice an entire team with ghost on bust out your explosives class.



    You have to find them first. Ghost makes people invisible - that's the problem. All classes that do not have Flak Jacket are vulnerable to explosives, so I do not see how calling this a "counter" as an accurate statement. An explosives class does not "counter" ghost.

    I have 2 classes that are fully dedicated to only using explosives, and I get quite a few complaints.



    And two days ago I had someone trash talk me because I hipfired a few times instead of ADSed when killing them. The reality is that explosives in this game aren't anywhere near as effective as in MW2. The rocket launcher is extremely slow to fire and veers off course after only a few feet. Even the baseline launcher isn't accurate! Both do far less damage than a grenade, and have a smaller blast radius (more reasons to use a Strela instead of a launcher).

    Arguing that explosives keep Ghost in line is, in my opinion, an extremely weak argument. Explosives are much weaker in this game, and explosives do not target Ghost users specifically.

    In the end, all Ghost is, is a playstyle.



    A playstyle that allows you to ignore enemy killstreaks or shoot them down with impunity.

    My personal biggest pet peeve against Ghost: it makes the Infrared Scope even worse than it actually is. The Infrared Scope saw a bit of use in MW2, but most people stuck to other attachments. In this game, the Infrared is garbage, and against Ghost users you may as well just uninstall the game because you have little chance to beat them.

    Conclusion:

    Ghost is simply too powerful compared to the other tier-1 perks. How would I change it? Keep invisibility to Spy Planes, no name when moused over as the pro bonus. Remove all other bonuses. With these changes, it would still remain extremely powerful but not dominate the other tier 1 perks as much.



    1) "the only direct counter to it is an 8 killstreak reward  (the SR71)"
    There isn't a counter/ disadvantage for any of the other perks, besides the fact that you're unable to use another perk from that tier. This is similar to me saying that because Sleight of hand makes people reload and aim faster, and because everyone uses it, there should be a counter for it. The problem is, Ghost is already a counter for something. It doesn't make sense to make a counter for a counter.

    I don't think that the problem is Ghost at all, I think this over reliance of the Spy Plane is the real issue.
    Do you really believe that you deserve to see the entire oppositions team with a 2/3 kill streak?
    Because you worked so hard for it?


    2)"it renders the Sentry Gun completely useless, because Ghost users can ignore it or eliminate it without any danger to themselves. I normally go days without seeing a Sentry Gun drop, and when I do see it drop it's normally a Ghost user throwing his crate to the other team so he can get Ghost Pro, or an unlucky roll on a care package."

    The Sentry Gun is pretty worthless anyhow. Being invisible to the Sentry Gun is pretty much the equivalent of having no fire damage from Flak Jacket Pro. It's not even really necessary because what the perk is countering is already pretty weak.


    3)"it dramatically reduces the effectiveness of other killstreaks. You can't drop mortars on a Ghost user, you can't drop Napalm on them, because you don't know where they are. Even in objective-based games, you can hide far enough away from the objective using Ghost to avoid any direct strikes from these killstreaks."

    Mortar team suck anyways. That in reality is probably the weakest KS in the hands of the general population. You really have to know what you're doing with it to actually be effective. And in terms of the Napalm Strike, you really rely on a Spy Plane before you call one in? I suggest you just see where the general location of the Opposition is, and then drop it there. Instead of chasing red dots.


    4)"it allows users to equip launchers and take out 9 and 11 killstreak rewards in seconds, often before they can get more than two or three kills (Chopper Gunner, Hind). The Hind was great before everyone got Ghost Pro and figured out what a Strela was. Even worse is that the secondary weapons are so weak, that there is little option other than to equip a Strela unless you're a sniper that wants a pistol as a secondary"

    Just because you've earned a kill streak reward, that doesn't mean that you deserve to slaughter the other team. However satisfying that may be, it should never be regarded as a guarantee. If that was possible, and readily available, kids would come here complaining about how OP'd Kill streaks are. Ghost balances Kill streaks. The secondaries are exactly what they should be, secondaries. They shouldn't be able to act as a Primary. However, I did wish that there would be more variety in the secondaries.

    5)"it embarasses the other tier 1 perks. Lightweight makes you run 7 percent faster, useful only on utility builds and some joke/weird builds (e.g. shotgun classes). Scavenger amounts to grenade refills at the end of the day... the ammo you pick up from the packs means little since you can just grab somebody else's gun off of the ground. Hardline is all right but you are forced to stick with the early killstreaks to maximize effectiveness, but again a Ghost user is practically immune to most killstreaks. Flak Jacket is competitive if you are reckless player or play a specialized role (e.g. defuser in an objective map)"

    This isn't even in the slightest true. All of the perks are extremely good, in the right context. It doesn't make sense to go capture the "B" flag in domination with anything other than Flak Jacket. If you do not use FJ, you are extremely susceptible to a random grenade being lobbed and sending you to the Kill cam. Scavenger is great when coupled with Warlord. Hardline is an amazing perk, and nothing less. It has a relevant use in almost all game types. The ability to re-roll care packages to help you get something that you didn't earn is a pretty incredible advantage. Ghosts aren't "immune" to any kill streak, besides the Spy Plane. All that means is, if you're relying on the Spy Plane to help you kill Ghosts, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage. The Spy plane should NOT be an omniscient kill streak that you get at 2/3 kills. That is purely ridiculous. Flak Jacket is just a nice perk to have. You don't have to worry about C4, or setting off Claymores, You don't have to worry about Frags, semtex, fire, or "noob tubes." It's a good perk to sport for nearly all Game types. And if Lightweight wasn't a good perk, and Ghost is, why is it that all of the "MLG'rs" sport lightweight, and avoid ghost. There is a reason why all of them use the Famas, and Lightweight, NOT ghost, is all I am saying.
  • 249. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Black_Knight_7

    Sam Starkweather wrote:

     

    For a reason beyond comprehension, a large influx of Ghost complainers, haters, and cry babies have been flooding the forums with unintelligent posts without any substantial evidence as to WHY the Ghost perk "needs" a nerf/ disadvantage.

    A common argument of the "anti-ghost" persuasion is that "In previous COD titles, Ghost users had to make a trade off between Stopping Power (SP) and Ghost. Now that SP has been removed, Ghost has run rampant without anything to match."

    That is a ridiculous explanation. Marathon is the most used perk, Sleight of Hand is second, and Lightweight is third, confirmed by Treyarch. http://www.codblackopsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/the_numbers_mason_V2.j pg

    The only practical use for Ghost is to help the user avoid Kill Streaks, and with the Pro version, it makes it so your name won't appear... That's it. It doesn't grant you invisibility, immunity to explosives, or the ability to walk through walls. No Aim Bot, No Super Jump, No Instant Kill.

    I'm a twelfth prestige, and I can honestly say that I see just as many Flak Jacket users, and Lightweight users, as I do Ghost users. Think about it, which is more useful, a near immunity to explosives, or becoming undetectable to a UAV? (2/3 killstreak).

    I believe that a lot of the hate for Ghost is based off on ignorance on how to effectively deal with this Play Style.
    I thought I would shine some light on how to effectively kill ghost users.

    EXPLOSIVES!
    I cannot believe why so many people find M203's, RPGs, and the like to be cheap, when it is a viable strategy to wreck a Ghost user.
    If people don't want to be blown into smithereens, then they should use Flak Jacket, and not ghost.

    I have 2 classes that are fully dedicated to only using explosives, and I get quite a few complaints.
    My suggestion is this;

    If you are one of the Ghost complainers, then when you notice an entire team with ghost on bust out your explosives class.
    If they complain, let them know there is a perk to counter explosives, and being that they aren't using that perk, they do not have standing to complain.

    So many people have fallen into the mindset that Grenade launchers are for "noobs," and I refuse to jump on that bandwagon. The M203, "under-barrel grenade launcher" has TWO grenades. Scavenger does NOT replenish the grenades, in comparison to MW2, the kill radius has been dramatically reduced, and Flak Jacket effectively reduces most damage.

    In the end, all Ghost is, is a playstyle. Whether or not you want to believe that there should be a counter for Ghost, the fact is, there are many ways to beat them. Becoming a good player at this game is all about mastering all play styles, and learning how to effectively counter ones that annoy you.


    Here is a class for Ghost crybabies, or those who are otherwise convinced that Ghost is "unstoppable."

    Primary: (ANY AR) + Under Barrel Grenade launcher
    Secondary: RPG, China Lake, or LAW.

    Perk 1: Scavenger Pro
    Perk 2: Sleight of Hand Pro/ Warlord Pro
    Perk 3: Ninja Pro/ Hacker Pro

    Lethal: Semtex or Frag
    Tactical: Flash or Stun
    Equipment: C4, Claymore, Jammer

    Explanation:

    We've come to the conclusion that explosives are a viable way to kill Ghosts, so the Grenade Launcher Attachment should make sense to have.

    Tier One Perk

    Scavenger Pro will give you more explosives. More explosives = More Ghost corpses. Additionally, this will allow you to resupply Semtex/ Frags.

    Tier Two Perk

    Sleight of Hand Pro will allow you to reload and aim faster. Ghosts apparently come out of the walls for some of you, so this may help immensely.

    OR

    Warlord Pro will give you more tactical and lethal grenades.

    Tier Three Perk

    Ninja Pro, They'll never hear you coming...

    OR

    Hacker Pro, for those who camp with Motion Sensors.

    EQUIPMENT

    Jammer: Probably the most useful tool in your arsenal. If you know where a camper is holding up, drop one of these bad boys near his location. It adds an intimidation factor, disrupts his mini-map, and his equipment.




    FAQ/A
    (Frequently Asked Questions/ Arguments)

    "Why not just shoot down enemy spy planes and not use Ghost? You're that afraid to appear on the minimap?"
    When a spy plane goes up, it usually is up for about 1-3 seconds before your team is alerted, and it takes anywhere from 5-25 seconds to actually spot it. (It may spawn out of your line of sight, i.e. behind a mountain or building). Then once you've found it, it takes 3 second to lock on, and 2 more for the rocket to actually make contact.

    We are talking about 11-33 seconds of looking up in the sky, and generally being a sitting duck, every time a spy plane goes up.
    Furthermore, you show up as a red dot all the while.


    "Ghost promotes Camping and Slow Gameplay."
    Ghost is a tool. Perks are tools. Campers select the tool they wish to use, which may often be Ghost. However, the camper will always be a camper, despite which tool he selects. Camping with Flak Jacket and Tac. Mask Pro would be a lot more efficient than camping with Ghost.

    "People who use Ghost, should not be able to use their mini-map/ and or be able to use the Spy Plane."
    So people who use Flak Jacket shouldn't use explosives?
    And people who use the Hacker Perk shouldn't use equipment?
    There are no other perks that have any disadvantage associated with them,
    other than the fact that the user is unable to use another perk in that Tier.
    Why should Ghost be the only Perk to have a disadvantage?

    There isn't any other perk that has any disadvantage associated with it, other than the fact that selecting that perk means that you're unable to use another in that same tier. If you're for this, then people who use Hacker should no longer be able to use equipment, people who use Flak Jacket should no longer be able to use explosives, people who use Sleight of hand should switch weapons slower, and a similar disadvantage should be applied to all Perks. Ghost in Black Ops is weaker than Ghost in MW2. NOT A SINGLE PERSON complained about it then, or in any of the other previous iterations of COD. It isn't OP'd, OU'd, and it is perfectly balanced with the other first tier perks.


    "After (x) amount of Spy Planes, Ghost shouldn't work."
    To be balanced, if this is instated,
    Marathon should no longer allow you to sprint longer after (x) sprints.
    Steady Aim should no longer give you better hip firing accuracy after (x) kills.
    Sleight of Hand should no longer give you a faster reload after (x) reloads.
    Etc.


    "If you use Ghost, you should do less damage."
    This makes absolutely no sense. How would your attire lessen the Killing Potential of your weapon?
    This is similar to saying, "If you use Lightweight, your gun should shoot slower."


    "Ghost 100% invalidates spy planes as a tool to be used against you out of the box. Flak Jacket isn't 100% immunity from explosives, Hacker isn't 100% immunity.. no need to deny them anything. Ghost is in a league of its own in BO."
    Balance is a state of equilibrium or parity characterized by cancellation of all forces by equal opposing forces.
    So you believe that after 2/3 kills, you should be able to know where every single opponent is?
    We might as well just set Black Bird as a 1/2 kill streak, and just eliminate the "problem" all together.
    If Flak Jacket gave the user invincibility to explosives,
    there would be almost no way to kill a camper that is using this perk in a one way building.

    If Spy Plane made it so that everyone was visible, Sniping would become no more than a novelty.
    (This game has already put sniping on the border of that)

    Hacker ALWAYS works. It's purpose is to hide you from motion sensors, and allow you to see equipment through walls.
    Lightweight ALWAYS works. It doesn't randomly decide to give you a speed boost.
    Hardline ALWAYS works. It will always allow the user to get his kill streak with one less kill. Unconditionally.
    Ninja ALWAYS works. It will always allow the user to have inaudible foot steps.

    Ghost deserves to work all of the time, as if it didn't the perks would be unbalanced.



    valid point


    ghost annoys me when

    1. they are camping (their fault)
    2. they always seem to be in such a convenient place when there is a radar.....usually the right distance behind someone without ghost so i kill the non-ghost person and reload and die. (bad luck)

    other than that i have no problem (i play S&D so its always Flak)
1 23 24 25 26 27 Previous Next