1 26 27 28 29 30 Previous Next 294 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2011 4:23 AM by Andy Li78 Go to original post RSS
  • 285. Re: To Ghost complainers, haters, and cry babies.

yates435 wrote:

My counter-argument to Anti-Ghosters: Open your damn eyes.

LOL Quote for Truth (QFT)

I just laugh when I **** a team with my m14 and they cry out saying I'm a noob for using Ghost-pro. I checked their game, from their POV, I was right in front of them before i killed them, which clearly indicates they weren't paying attention for a good 3 seconds.
  • 286. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Sam Starkweather

McEgan wrote:

And how do they know those guns are the best? Why don't you look for more meaning behind the statistic besides the actual number. The best gun is a lot easier to figure out than how effective perks are. When you use a gun, you physically see how it performs right there in front of you. When you get a kill, you compare it to the other kills you've gotten with other guns. You compare the recoil and time to kill. It's all instant feedback the moment you fire it. It doesn't take long to figure out which gun is the best, even for a "bad" player. Ghost is more subtle. You can of course see when it protects you from a KS, but that's only part of the story, and a very small one at that. The real perk is being hidden from spy planes. Now how exactly does a person get feedback from that? It's not obvious when your stealth has netted you a kill. The game doesn't say "Congratulations, without ghost you would have been killed instead!". You have to be mindful to know when a spy plane is up to even notice it.  Even then, the game runs "normally". It seems no different than when you didn't have it on. Does this not make it obvious why people don't seem to notice how good it is? The game seems exactly the same compared to when they didn't have it on, minus the KS protection. Compare this to instantly seeing yourself run faster, surviving grenades, or picking up more ammo. You directly see the perks effect here, but with ghost you don't. You have to think about its effect more heavily to understand it. Once again, just because people use all of the perks equally doesn't mean ghost is not stronger than the others. It just mean's people don't know what's best either because they lack the understanding to figure it out or are currently playing for fun, not to win.

There's no point in arguing because you'll just try to rebuff me with useless theory-craft nonsense. In the actual game, lightweights don't run circles around anyone. They might take an extra step in combat, but are no harder to kill. People die too fast in this game for speed to be useful. In the actual game, spy planes aren't called in only once. Due to people dying and respawning, spy planes are almost always up. There is no "45 seconds". Spy plane is given to everyone...you can chain them near endlessly. The only real 45 seconds is the beginning of the game until someone racks up 3 kills, then it's near constant. You can't kill them all. Even with a SAM turret, the single one time flash it gets showing where you are will ruin your day behind enemy lines. And this is ignoring the fact that you're using a 4 ks to block a 3 (already unbalanced), and that one you have to call in via a crate and wait for it. Do you have enough counter spy planes for every one? Or is this another fantasy game where your entire team is using it counter or sam turret? Hardly anyone uses either, and you can't do all the work yourself. The games I play, everyone uses UAV. You can avoid any killstreak by staying indoors? Are you even listening to yourself? Yeah lets sit indoors for a whole 60+ seconds and let them cap points, flags, etc instead of just continuing to play the game as normal. That's a real winning strategy. Or maybe the other team will be nice and let you take a time out since its not fair you have to wait inside. I mean every thing you say is basically "if this happens, then this could happen", so why not. The point is that while everything "theoretically" has a counter, you seem to have forgotten to take into account the amount of effort it takes to employ these counters, whereas ghost is literally a set and forget perk.

You argue like a person whose read about all the perks/guns etc, but has never played the actual game. There can never be any debate because we're seeing it from 2 sides. Every one of your arguments is how the perks "should" hypothetically work in a perfect world, and mine are how they actually work in the game. UAV's are constant, grenades are easily dodgable, lightweight does nothing when I know where you're going, and its not hard to pick up someone elses gun in place of scavenger. Ghost is easy to use, and everything else to try and replicate it is more trouble than it's worth. Nothing in the game can replicate it as easily as you can replicate the other Tier 1 perks. It frees you up to ignore any kill streak, including avoiding the almost constant scenario of "Oh no a UAV just went up, should I hide, should I keep going down the path? Will there be someone waiting for me for me if I do? Should I just go back until its over? Should I try to shoot it down or will someone shoot me in the ass as I aimlessly look into the sky?". In that sense, it really is irreplaceable. Good players will use the map info to utterly destroy you with ease, as this game is all about who gets the first shot. That's the reality. Argue it till your blue in the face and it won't change anything.

Your opinions, as I have said, do not hold any value to your argument.
    I'm a 13th prestige with 14 days played, I probably play this game more than you do.

Despite your enormous post, I can't find anything to really disprove, due to the fact that you're using opinions to help your argument.
    I have already proven you wrong.

• 287. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    VivaLaJam
    I didn't say everyone on the same team did I?

If you use ghost, you shouldn't be able to use the spyplane.  It could work where you can use it but you don't get the effects of it, your team however will.
  • 288. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Sam Starkweather

VivaLaJam wrote:

I didn't say everyone on the same team did I?

If you use ghost, you shouldn't be able to use the spyplane.  It could work where you can use it but you don't get the effects of it, your team however will.

That would unbalance Ghost.
    No other perks have any disadvantage associated with them,
    other than the fact that you are unable to select any other perk from that tier.

• 289. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    McEgan

Despite your enormous post, I can't find anything to really disprove, due to the fact that you're using opinions to help your argument.
    I have already proven you wrong.[/color]

How have you proven me wrong, just because it's an "opinion"? So your original post wasn't littered with your own opinions then? Here's a direct quote from you "We've come to the conclusion that explosives are a viable way to kill Ghosts, so the Grenade Launcher Attachment should make sense to have.". The only one who came to this conclusion is you, yet you're forcing it on whoever reads it. That's pure opinion right there, because I think the opposite: The class you listed is not in any way viable at countering a person using ghost. Seems like a non-fact to me if the opposite can be just as true. Wonder why I didn't mention it before? Because opinions are expected...the basis of an argument is that there's at least 2 or more different opinions at war. But hey I guess it's easy to miss something as simple as that when you're fumbling for a reason not to respond to valid points.

Won't go any further with this since all I get is just hypocritical cop out reasons not to respond and pseudo-intellectual spew in general. Have fun trying to feed your own ego.
  • 292. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    The fact is Treyarch is not going to change ghost.  I don't like the perk and I would rather it not be in the game however I realize the need for the perk and that many players like it I have nothing against people who use ghost much like I have no problem with someone using a famas, stopping power, or juggernaut, why not use the best stuff everyone else is using it do whats fun for you. 

I just hope that in the next game ghost is contested with some more powerful perks like juggernaut and stopping power nothing is really wrong with the ghost perk itself it's just the trade off is too small.  Whether you like ghost or not it is definitely the best perk in the tier for defensive play the only perk that really compares is flak jacket and that's only if you are playing objective modes and going for flags.

Overall ghost is fine buff the other perks so that they compare to it removing ghosts radar or reducing their damage is just not practical.  If they buffed Hardline, Scavenger, Lightweight, and possibly flak jacket people would have a significant trade off and bring them up to ghosts level.  But we all know Black ops will not have any more major changes patches will be focused on snipers? and any glitches that arise which I must say Treyarch have done an excellent job on I have only ever suffered from an out of map glitch on Grid and the Valkyrie glitch which were both fixed extremely fast. 
  • 293. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    fantasmo

A_Rocket_haha wrote:

The fact is Treyarch is not going to change ghost.  I don't like the perk and I would rather it not be in the game however I realize the need for the perk and that many players like it I have nothing against people who use ghost much like I have no problem with someone using a famas, stopping power, or juggernaut, why not use the best stuff everyone else is using it do whats fun for you. 

I just hope that in the next game ghost is contested with some more powerful perks like juggernaut and stopping power nothing is really wrong with the ghost perk itself it's just the trade off is too small.  Whether you like ghost or not it is definitely the best perk in the tier for defensive play the only perk that really compares is flak jacket and that's only if you are playing objective modes and going for flags.

Overall ghost is fine buff the other perks so that they compare to it removing ghosts radar or reducing their damage is just not practical.  If they buffed Hardline, Scavenger, Lightweight, and possibly flak jacket people would have a significant trade off and bring them up to ghosts level.  But we all know Black ops will not have any more major changes patches will be focused on snipers? and any glitches that arise which I must say Treyarch have done an excellent job on I have only ever suffered from an out of map glitch on Grid and the Valkyrie glitch which were both fixed extremely fast. 

Well they kind of grouped the perks wrongly. I mean Ghost or Flak Jacket are easily a better choice then the other Tier one perks. If they Put a tier in with Ghost, Flak Jacket, Sleight of Hand and Hacker it would be harder to choose. I know that alot of people (including myself) never see claymores and always die to them so that compared to staying off the mini-map seems like a way better perk. I don't think they need to add anymore powerful perk, just group them right.
  • 294. Re: To Ghost Complainers, Haters, and Cry Babies. *Updated*
    Andy Li78
    I love usen ghost especially cause there is a spy plane up 5 seconds
1 26 27 28 29 30 Previous Next