27 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2011 2:17 PM by Mr. Mehoffe RSS

How do you spot hackers?

ender.wiggin
I am curious?  I have come up against players in TDM that simply will not die.  Hear the tell tale thump thump and expect them to go down and next thing I know I on the ground.  Others I notice seem to have an unlimited supply of nubetoob rounds.  Both make for a long game.
  • Re: How do you spot hackers?
    padiego
    If someone is better than you, they must be hacking.
    i betrayed xbox

padiego wrote:

RockRunner

padiego wrote:

By you saying that, you just pretty much said your the best player on Black OPS Wii
    hybrid -x1
    Easy just strap on famas/aug with lightwieght/sleight of hand/marathon
    and if you can't kill these players with this setup using the noted guns then they are hacking lol
    RockRunner

hybrid -x1 wrote:

and you can't kill these players with this setup using the noted guns then they are hacking lol

See now thats not true, the Galil, AK47, Commando and all then guns are better than the Famas/AUG all the Famas and AUG have is a higher fire rate. and Ill beat you any day with any gun while you use your Famas or AUG. Heres my Ally code if you find out 0619-9396-7089
    i betrayed xbox

hybrid -x1 wrote:

and you can't kill these players with this setup using the noted guns then they are hacking lol

MP5K W/rapid fire out guns famas/aug EVERYTIME.
    ender.wiggin
    So that's the secret!  That means everyon is hacking...sux!
    hybrid -x1

RockRunner wrote:

hybrid -x1 wrote:

See now thats not true, the Galil, AK47, Commando and all then guns are better than the Famas/AUG all the Famas and AUG have is a higher fire rate. and Ill beat you any day with any gun while you use your Famas or AUG. Heres my Ally code if you find out 0619-9396-7089

I'm not a chump noob who uses any lame OP gun
    that means i dislike aug/famas/ak74u

Im all about ak-47 and spectre

oh and I betrayed xbox you are right mpk5 with rapid does outdo them
    but regardless mp5k is a good gun no matter what
    The Flying Hellfish
    Enfield is the best gun. hands down. i have beaten Stoner/Famaug users since i started using it
    ender.wiggin
    i have tried every gun but nothing compares to the Comando.   the damage, mobility,  and range of this weapon are excellent.  Sure the rate of fire is less but 3 rounds will put anyone down not matter the distance.
    Galil with dual mags
    I agree the Commando is an awesome gun, And like Hybrid said the Ak47 is an awesome gun, The Galil is an awesome gun, I seen a dude go 34-2 with an Enfield here night before last dude really kicked ass with it! But me i'll pick a Commando over anything!
    RawkHawkRockin

The Flying Hellfish wrote:

Enfield is the best gun. hands down. i have beaten Stoner/Famaug users since i started using it

I give thumbs up to this. The best gun is the gun that feels right to the user. The Famas/Aug etc just happen to be easier to feel comfortable with by most users, but if you give Hellfish his Enfield and me my MP5 from Reflex(and send me back to Reflex too), we can beat anything.
    padiego
    PM63 beats all

A Famas User wrote:

WTF IS A PM63?!?!?!?

padiego wrote:

PM63 beats all

A Famas User wrote:

WTF IS A PM63?!?!?!?

*Inserts KaiserDemon's arbitrary Mac11 comment*
    MAC11 = the GREATEST GUN OF ALL TIME!

Actually... i think the enfield is completely underrated
    ender.wiggin
    So do hacked games only happen in private matches or in public matches?  Also does the hacker also have to be the host? 

I guess I have been naive.  I suppose now that I think about it I have probalby played in some hacked matches.  you see people show up purposefully to kill you when you are ghost pro, people never running out of noobtube ammo, or the copters come in when the best player has 7 kills and 2 deaths. 

I guess I just never really paid much attention to it.
    Wow man what a noob reply
    ender.wiggin
    says the newest person I have ever seen on the forum 13 days 5 posts....

hows about you close the door on your way out!
    People just call everyone that is having a good match a hacker
    tt54l32v
    There is no best gun, there is just well matched guns to the players that use them.  I run dual wield everything from all the sub machine guns to the hs10 to all my secondaries. I just cant ads very good its all to slow for me. The only rifle i use is the g11 with steady aim and hip fire on alot of corner turn confrontations.
    Mr. Mehoffe

RockRunner wrote:

hybrid -x1 wrote:

I'll take that bet but i get the ak74u i'll be on around ten est.
    HCTDMZEEB

sgt_Damien wrote:

isnt that the truth! im called a hacker all the time, but yes i guess i will come clean...... i do have hacker pro. sorry. my bad, i didnt know hacking.......claymores was frowned upon.
    Drewfusss

HCTDMZEEB wrote:

sgt_Damien wrote:

isnt that the truth! im called a hacker all the time, but yes i guess i will come clean......

I knew it!!! OMG OMG OMG

HCTDMZEEB wrote:

i do have hacker

Soooooo BUSTED!!!!!!!!

HCTDMZEEB wrote:

pro. sorry. my bad, i didnt know hacking.......claymores was frowned upon.

Damn. You got me. 
    in boredom and on topic, to spot a hacker:
    1) If they are 15/50 (15th stige, level 50), usually you wanna check (easy to see by looking at their name
    2) If they have a **** load of CoD Points, then you dont even have to bother checking, they ARE a hacker
    3) Upon checking a 15/50's profile, if they have less than 8 days, generally they are a hacker, 7 days is cutting it close, but usually passable, 6 isnt
    4) If it says they have 8+ days but less than 1k matches (add total losses and total wins) generally means Hacker
    5) Next, you check their KDR, if they have anything less than a 1.0, assume they are a hacker, anything higher than 4.0, usually means hacker as well (i doubt anyone legitimately has that who is also 15/50, but its always possible i suppose)
    6) If their kills do not break 20k, assume they are, I typically assume so if they don't have 25k, but if they always play the objective, its possible I suppose

All of these are easily hacked, the one thing I know of however that is a sure fire way of checking, is this:

7) In the weapons tab, go over to Kills With, check to see if their kills match up, they never will as Kills with does not include Killstreaks and accessory tools (lethal, tactical, equipment). However, if it says someone has 50k kills and you see they have 2k kills with their most kills weapon, thats a VERY good sign. Easiest to tell if someone only uses 1 weapon, but typically if they use more than 1, such as myself, round it, instead of 1300 kills, say 15, instead of 590, just say 5 or 6 (smaller numbers make for quicker math), I personally round to the nearest 500 usually and if it isnt within a reasonable amount, then they'v egotten caught. Checking equipment and killstreak kills to help make this more accurate, but doing weapons will give you a general idea so you can check the next possible hacker.

Anything else I am missing?
    bomanfan1

padiego wrote:

you know who didn't hack? the U.S. government when we popped a cap in Bin Ladins ass. raise awarness for, "Bin Ladin is Dead, Lets Celebrate"
    padiego

bomanfan1 wrote:

padiego wrote:

you know who didn't hack? the U.S. government when we popped a cap in Bin Ladins ass. raise awarness for, "Bin Ladin is Dead, Lets Celebrate"

Bin Ladin's such a camper....3000k+ kills, 1 death...what a noob....
    What, too soon?
    Mr. Mehoffe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQMpiZQjMbQ

This is Obamas real speech^