1 77 78 79 80 81 Previous Next 1,136 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2012 2:33 AM by thegamer627 Go to original post RSS
  • 780. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    brandaman

An Oreo wrote:

It's not being outplayed by beingf killed by a weapon that has a decent range and is a guaranteed OHK. Not even a sniper can say that! I much preferred the two hit kill system. Melee should still be effective, but NEVER more effective than guns in any situation.

A two hit system would never work in CoD. You die too quickly. It only just works in Halo Reach and you have about 30x more health than CoD.
  • 781. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    DoubleB--

Brandaman wrote:

An Oreo wrote:

It's not being outplayed by beingf killed by a weapon that has a decent range and is a guaranteed OHK. Not even a sniper can say that! I much preferred the two hit kill system. Melee should still be effective, but NEVER more effective than guns in any situation.

A two hit system would never work in CoD. You die too quickly. It only just works in Halo Reach and you have about 30x more health than CoD.

I agree. I think the best thing to do is make it so that you have to hit the knife button to pull out your knife, and then hit it again to actually knife. This would allow for stealth kills, but reduce panic knifing.
  • 782. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    brandaman

DoubleB-- wrote:

Brandaman wrote:

An Oreo wrote:

I agree. I think the best thing to do is make it so that you have to hit the knife button to pull out your knife, and then hit it again to actually knife. This would allow for stealth kills, but reduce panic knifing.

That could possibly work, but it would still make it difficult for that 'last attempt' kinda thing. Like if you'd used up your clip, switched to your pistol, used up that clip, and there were still enemies. You'd run at them with your knife, but having to pull out the knife would kinda defeat the whole point of it.

"Remember, using your knife is always faster than reloading"

- Gaz

I don't think that would apply if you had to pull it out first.
  • 783. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    anoreo
    Branda:Valid point, but pulling it out wouldn't take too long. It would still be viable, but it would completely remove panic knifing.
  • 784. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    daHawk
    in a first person shooter, your knife should be your last resort or a stealth tool. who gives a sh!t if you die too quickly in a firefight? USE A GUN!
  • 785. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    Just have to say based what I've played from MW3 MP at XP:
    1) MW3  definately does not look like MW2. visuals, sounds, mechanics, animations, almost everything has been changed up. and that is a VERY good thing.
    2)from the running/reload animations to the Spotting perks/killstreaks and gun XP, MW3 is taking several ques from the BF series.
    3) if you were aorried about copy/pasting, no worries here. The gun roster has only a couple favorites per type of gun returning in MW3 with tons of new guys added to the roster. Plus, as i said, the visuals/sounds/animations are WAY different from their MW2 counterparts.
    4) there shouldn't be any more doubts about this game competeing with BF3; MW3 is looking mighty sexy  even stacked up against the ever impressive BF3. clearly this game is going to deliver.

• 786. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    DoubleB--

Godzilla77 wrote:

Just have to say based what I've played from MW3 MP at XP:
    1) MW3  definately does not look like MW2. visuals, sounds, mechanics, animations, almost everything has been changed up. and that is a VERY good thing.
    2)from the running/reload animations to the Spotting perks/killstreaks and gun XP, MW3 is taking several ques from the BF series.
    3) if you were aorried about copy/pasting, no worries here. The gun roster has only a couple favorites per type of gun returning in MW3 with tons of new guys added to the roster. Plus, as i said, the visuals/sounds/animations are WAY different from their MW2 counterparts.
    4) there shouldn't be any more doubts about this game competeing with BF3; MW3 is looking mighty sexy  even stacked up against the ever impressive BF3. clearly this game is going to deliver.

I've got a couple of questions and I'd appreciate it if you could answer them.

1) How loud were footsteps? Were they similar to the level of MW2?

2) Did you try dropshoting? Was it fast like MW2 and COD4 or slow like Blops?

3) Did they nerf the knife at all or is it the same as always?
  • 787. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    There is nothing wrong with "panic knifing". Get some skill and adapt.
    There is a large gap between something being an issue, and just getting outplayed.
    [ and before you jump on me for knifing, in both MW2 and BO, I used a shotgun 90% of the time ]
  • 788. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    Aside from lunging, I have never seen a clip that suggests the knife is an issue from any Call of Duty.
  • 789. Re: Official: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion
    DoubleB--

Cs1294 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with "panic knifing". Get some skill and adapt.
    There is a large gap between something being an issue, and just getting outplayed.
    [ and before you jump on me for knifing, in both MW2 and BO, I used a shotgun 90% of the time ]

Like I said earlier, by your logic OMA Danger Close noob tubes weren't a problem either. People were just too nooby to adapt, and were just getting outplayed by unlimited explosives.
1 77 78 79 80 81 Previous Next