1 2 3 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2011 7:23 PM by mrmalditor RSS

Quick Scoping & Whatnots

HORDO_
I've played in TDM matches where an entire game was dominated (Radiation) by 1 prestige 15 dude with a scope. In Theatre I watched him jog, & stop & shoot his way to 38 kills. QS is alive & well in the hands of a talented player. I've watched guys with the G11 small (drunken peace sign) scope also devistate the Firing Range map. On Stadium, I watched a gold G11 with no scope dance by the fountain for 40 kills. Talent is talent.
Point is - scoping is fine as is - & very very effective, even as a run & gun in Black Ops. I've played MW2 recently & got scoped in the open so much I started to camp with a light machine gun. On 1 map everyone crowds a store front to avoid the open & just shoot thru the doorway for 10 minutes  - I would not aim & still get 15 kills LOL - no kick - no talent. Black Ops has guns that jerk & kick & take a devoted skill to score. I vote we leave the scope alone~~  
  • 1. Re: Quick Scoping & Whatnots
    Snipingdbag
    I have such games in my file share too, it does not mean the snipers are balanced, they are not. You will get bullshited too much, what should be the most accurate rifles in the game should be accurate, this has nothing to do with talent but luck if they are not, thus the up coming patch that will reduce the sway that kicks in will make a huge difference. I can't wait for it (I played on the 360 it's finally balanced). We need the extra accuracy and speed to stand a chance against good players and to fix the rifles to make them reliable constantly. I have sniped since cod4, I know for a fact that the rifles are underpowered no matter how good of a game you can get. People can own people with pistols too, it does not mean that the pistols are better than the main guns.

We need the latest patch do to all that and the lag that goes on in this game, not to mention SC pro and strange hitmarkers while aiming for high multipliers. I would have a ratio closer to my automatic ratios if they were actually balanced, since I do play as defensive as I can while moving around with the rifles.
  • 2. Re: Quick Scoping & Whatnots
    iamnotledgggg
    BRING BACK QS - TREYARCH KILLED CALL OF DUTY
  • 3. Re: Quick Scoping & Whatnots
    Qs has  ruined call of duty as a hole, it is one way to make sure most people have a bad game  by a few wxxxxxs running round or sat on the edge of the map trying qs everyone , I was so glad when b/ops came out as all that sxxt had stopped , but I have noticed qs has  started to come back to make sure most have a bad game , if you want to qs why can't you all fxxx off back to mw2  where you will all be right at home as most lobbys are full of qs
  • 4. Re: Quick Scoping & Whatnots
    Wess-L
    QS takes skill and it is just another way to have fun. the noobs who only can use the asault rifles and smgs will always complain about it cause the suck/ have no time to partice. i would love it if they would bring qs back!
  • 5. Re: Quick Scoping & Whatnots
    Snipingdbag

Wess-L wrote:

QS takes skill and it is just another way to have fun. the noobs who only can use the asault rifles and smgs will always complain about it cause the suck/ have no time to partice. i would love it if they would bring qs back!

1.08 patch is coming up for ps3. It will reduce the random sway significantly (making the rifles quicker and more accurate) and the timer is already pretty much gone. Personally I feel they should not do anything else or they will overdo it. Bar removing SC for sniper rifles, like they did for shotguns
  • 6. Re: Quick Scoping & Whatnots
    Death8u4u

Wess-L wrote:

Qthe noobs who only can use the asault rifles and smgs will always complain about it cause the suck

Don't forget the fact that most people also don't like having some useless "quickscoper" trying for montages when their team is getting their ass handed to them because they're suffering from a handicap.  People like myself find "quickscopers" to be a complete waste of space.  We'd literally be better off having a 5 on 7 match simply because "quickscopers" offer easy kills to the enemy, making it far easier for them to get killstreaks.
  • 7. Re: Quick Scoping & Whatnots

Death8u4u wrote:

Wess-L wrote:

Qthe noobs who only can use the asault rifles and smgs will always complain about it cause the suck

Don't forget the fact that most people also don't like having some useless "quickscoper" trying for montages when their team is getting their ass handed to them because they're suffering from a handicap.  People like myself find "quickscopers" to be a complete waste of space.  We'd literally be better off having a 5 on 7 match simply because "quickscopers" offer easy kills to the enemy, making it far easier for them to get killstreaks.

It really frustrates me when your on SnD at 3-3 and both teams have a guy left. Your teammate ends up behind the enemy and could easily dispatch him in numerous ways, but instead opts for the quickscope, fails and gets wasted/embarrased.
  • 8. Re: Quick Scoping & Whatnots
    Snipingdbag

Death8u4u wrote:

Wess-L wrote:

Bad players will be bad regardless of the gun they use. There are loads of good snipers online, who play the objective and go positive. Get a full team if it annoys you that much. Personally when I am playing good nothing can annoy me bar host connection lost. Sniping is fun, moving around is fun. The two fit each other.
  • 9. Re: Quick Scoping & Whatnots
    Wess-L
    dude get some friends and play with them. problem solved. good qser can play they objective.
1 2 3 Previous Next