28 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2011 4:14 AM by Ultama RSS

Way to balance commando knifes and panic knifes?

commandoman
Hey guys

I think it hough of a good way to balance the knife ( not that is OP ) but to reduce commando and panic knifes...

It is sort of crazy how you can go from wielding a m60 to whippping out a knife and lunging 10 feet... so what about 3, yes THREE, weapon slots.

You'd have primary slot

Secondary

then a close quarters slot.

You can have your knife, baton, and  anything else that would fit.... but the thing i am having trouble with is what button to press for it :S

Maybe press R3 in to pull out your melee weapon then R1 to swipe? OR just press triangle 3 twice ( primarry to secondary to melee )

then r1 to swipe?

What do you guys think about my idea??

thanks
  • Re: Way to balance commando knifes and panic knifes?
    commandoman
    Anytone think its a good idea?
    GetUpToGetDown

CommandoMan wrote:

Hey guys

I think it hough of a good way to balance the knife ( not that is OP ) but to reduce commando and panic knifes...

It is sort of crazy how you can go from wielding a m60 to whippping out a knife and lunging 10 feet... so what about 3, yes THREE, weapon slots.

You'd have primary slot

Secondary

then a close quarters slot.

You can have your knife, baton, and  anything else that would fit.... but the thing i am having trouble with is what button to press for it :S

Maybe press R3 in to pull out your melee weapon then R1 to swipe? OR just press triangle 3 twice ( primarry to secondary to melee )

then r1 to swipe?

What do you guys think about my idea??

thanks

worst idea ever...
    FrenchNavy123

CommandoMan wrote:

It should be like COD 3 where it was 2 hits with the butt of your gun.
    noupperlobeman

FrenchNavy123 wrote:

CommandoMan wrote:

It should be like COD 3 where it was 2 hits with the butt of your gun.

Two knife hits = a kill. I like it.

Its total rubbish that it takes two shots to the head to kill someone, whereas it only takes one knife swipe to the ankle to kill someone. Worst idea ever in my opinion.
    dungeono
    uh no that would make everything suck but i agree to the m60 to knife thing
    lilsweat
    Completely agree. If the knfie is a OHK then it should be a weapon you have to pull out. That is how it was in BF2 and I never once heard a complaint about the knife in that game.
    Gervan
    Just make it a 2 hit kill or a weapon that has to be pulled out.
    sora2key
    theres a PC only game called Combat Arms and they include Primary, Secondary, and Melee... i was thinking of this idea being in here too ... good idea 
    Aesiron
    Erm, if you get killed by melee then it is your fault. You should realize that remaining at longer ranges will always be better. And there is no Commando you dumb ass. Knifing is always 64'', if any longer then you have shitty connection.
    Why cant people just leave the knife alone? Its meant to be a 1 hit kill because its used if people have nothing left or are too close to shoot. The commando was fixed to some extent right now its just the lagg that gets you killed.
    I just wish they would make it so that you can't knife if you are being shot at and remove the auto aim on knives. Panic Knifing really annoys me. I really hate it when someone knifes the air, but the aim turns them around and somehow gets me.
    resistflags
    Remove knife lunge
    Slower draw time for the knife

That if they are going to allow high ping clients playing with each other
    Im confused by this post and why? Knifing on this game is garbage...I dont use it because it sucks.Every time i use it i miss so im baffled as to why people moan about it.When i try to knife it seems that my knife just goes thought him then i get killed.I like want to knife people to keep me off the radar so how can you complain about somthing that is vital in this game.
    SwishSwishStab
    erm this would make knife only guys like me almost useless so im against it. Oh and knifing does take skill or a **** load of luck.
    I think there should be option like gears or war. If you go to melee somebody(knife them) and you get shot, you're attack is interrupted, and you have to try again or do something else.
    vims1990

Fantasmo wrote:

Why cant people just leave the knife alone? Its meant to be a 1 hit kill because its used if people have nothing left or are too close to shoot. The commando was fixed to some extent right now its just the lagg that gets you killed.

I believe the knife is an issue in Black Ops (Commando or no commando)

Lag is what makes the knife gives you some WTF moments.

The knife should be more for stealth rather for a "panic" situation.

If I was a developer, I would either:

a) Make it a secondary
    b) Improve the perk (e.g. Flak Jacket Pro) - requires two knife swipes to kill the Flak Jacket player (look at the armor for crying out loud)
    c) The player has to take out the knife before killing someone
    d) If being shot at, the knife cannot be used
    ljone
    Can not see what the problem is lads, dont get me wrong its not ideal its just your last line of defence up close. Sure people panic and make wild swings when in trouble, iv seen plenty of dodgy S*** with knives, i just laugh at myself   for being a dozy C***. If your not fast your last.
    noupperlobeman

Fantasmo wrote:

Erm, if you get killed by melee then it is your fault. You should realize that remaining at longer ranges will always be better. And there is no Commando you dumb ass. Knifing is always 64'', if any longer then you have shitty connection.

^ Retards.

Anyone that has ever been killed by a knife realizes how stupid it is for it to be a one hit kill.

Only a specific kind of player would defend a one hit kill knife.
    noupperlobeman

SwishSwishStab wrote:

erm this would make knife only guys like me almost useless so im against it. Oh and knifing does take skill or a **** load of luck.

First person shooter. Not first person stabber. Use a freaking gun for craps sake. Knifing does not make you a special little snowflake, contrary to popular beleif.

I am for any change that makes knifers use a stinking gun. GTFO, this isn't mw2.
    SwishSwishStab

noupperlobeman wrote:

SwishSwishStab wrote:

First person shooter. Not first person stabber. Use a freaking gun for craps sake. Knifing does not make you a special little snowflake, contrary to popular beleif.

I am for any change that makes knifers use a stinking gun. GTFO, this isn't mw2.

looks like some 1 has been on the wrong end of a ballistic knife for a while.
    And if you don't want a 1 hit kill knife go play CS

+ knife only is a fun and hard way to make ppl rage

http://i56.tinypic.com/k2fe4i.jpg
    commandoman
    Appreciate the Feedback Guys! The main reason I wanted this implemented is because of what a gentlemen (    ) above me said. A knife should not be a "panic" weapon. I believe it should be a stealthy weapon... like in that moment when your 1v3 S&D, and you know Theyre close by pull out your knife and get that kill while staying stealthy. Also, it WON'T affect only knifers ( which I am against... ) because when you respawn just pull out your knife and there ya go.

Again, I don't see the point in why you guys don't like it... it will remove any "WTF" moments with the knife (int he point that auto aim spins you around and auto-knifes) and like another gentlemen said above ( ) it was in BF2 and everyone liked it, so why not COD? I don't know just don't get the haters reasons. Feel free to explain though
    creaper21

Aesiron wrote:

You can't dodge a knife in this game. Because of the range and speed of the knife along with connection issues(even with the best connection possible), it is super hard to kill someone about to knife you. And I think we all know that every CoD game is more fast paced and close combat which is another reason the knife is cheap. I can't STAND putting rounds into someone as he is lunging through my bullets. And I forgot... the aim assist guarantees a hit every time, as long as the enemy is close and on-screen.
    thebiindsniper
    Here comes by superior knowledge lol.

1. They should slightly delay the effect of "tapping" the Right Stick, to about .2 seconds or so.  That way, you now have "tap" protection (meaning, you won't knife when you didn't mean to).

2. Double tapping the right stick, can allow the user to pull our their melee weapon (that they've selected to be).  Pressing RT (or R2) will swing the weapon much more quickly, however, with less horizontal radius compared to the normal attack.

Selecting the type of melee weapon you wish to use would be awesome.  Maybe instead of a baton or knife, we can have a flyswatter, or a frying pan!

~RUGGED SAVIOR
    jtzako
    1) Knifing is way over powered, and should, at the very least, have a 'hitbox' applied to it.  Sure, head/neck can be a 1 shot kill if you like, but anything lower should do no more dmg than a bullet does.

2) Kives come out way too fast.  You dont have the thing in your hand when holding a rifle, so you need to account for the time to take a hand off the rifle, then reach and detach the knife then swinging it.  (this would reduce panic knifing also)
    Yowhassup

GetUpToGetDown wrote:

worst idea ever...

Well, what do you think of lunging ten feet at someone's foot to instakill? Cuz that's what it is now...
    SilentScreams91
    Knifing in BFBC2 -
    Takes one button to instanyl pull out but it takes 2 seconds of animation before it hits. I never get panic knifed in that game. I have been knived but most of the time its because i never saw them or i was panic shooting and missed too much. Lol

but I like the idea of having to have the knife out before you can use it. CoD is ridiculous. 3 shot to the head with a pistol to kill or one knife to the hand. woo. or even worse. a tomahawk handle to heel of your shoe OH NOES.
    SwishSwishStab

SilentScreams91 wrote:

Knifing in BFBC2 -
    Takes one button to instanyl pull out but it takes 2 seconds of animation before it hits. I never get panic knifed in that game. I have been knived but most of the time its because i never saw them or i was panic shooting and missed too much. Lol

but I like the idea of having to have the knife out before you can use it. CoD is ridiculous. 3 shot to the head with a pistol to kill or one knife to the hand. woo. or even worse. a tomahawk handle to heel of your shoe OH NOES.

erm  Achilles heel any 1?

Oh and guys if you dont want a 1 shot knife kill just play Counter Strike (you can even have perfect balance with the weapons there)
    Ultama
    I was talking to my mate about this the other day and we thought of a good idea that would stop panic knifing.

If you are taking damage, you are unable to knife at that point. think about it; You wouldn't be able to knife someone if they're shooting bullets in you arm, shrapnel going into your arm. it would remove alot of panic knifes.

edit: another idea could be (other people have previously touched on this idea) that depending on how heavy your gun is, depends how long you have to spend switching your gun to your knife. A person using an LMG or AR is going to have to spend more time putting their gun down and knife some than a person using an SMG or pistol.