34 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2011 4:06 PM by bloodpackviper RSS

is defending an obejective camping?

i been called a camper on SnD because i make sure no one plants the bomb
so is it camping too me its not but how about you guys?
  • Re: is defending an obejective camping?
    Lancecasual

TheShinigamiGod wrote:

Not camping in that situation.
    plasmaflame
    Defending an objective is Camping. It's the only justified/justifiable form (morally, that is).
    oh ok how about knowing where the bomb is and just staying by it?
    doublet666111
    Sounds like someone's looking for reasons to camp.

"Defending an objective is Camping. It's the only justified/justifiable form (morally, that is)."

I love how it comes down to a question of morals and ethics...

(which it is btw)
    plasmaflame

TheShinigamiGod wrote:

oh ok how about knowing where the bomb is and just staying by it?

Same thing, it's camping, but it's morally justifiable.
    Lancecasual

plasmaflame wrote:

Defending an objective is Camping. It's the only justified/justifiable form (morally, that is).

Technically speaking, yes, I suppose it is.  But it's an objective that you are supposed to be keeping the other team from capturing/planting/whatever.  Thus it really isn't camping unless you expect everybody to be running around ignoring the objective for the whole game. 

Sitting in one spot in TDM or FFA  is camping.  In objective games, sitting half a map away from the objective is camping.  But protecting the objective?  Not camping, since that's what  you're supposed to do.
    plasmaflame

Lancecasual wrote:

plasmaflame wrote:

Technically speaking, yes, I suppose it is.  But it's an objective that you are supposed to be keeping the other team from capturing/planting/whatever.  Thus it really isn't camping unless you expect everybody to be running around ignoring the objective for the whole game. 

Sitting in one spot in TDM or FFA  is camping.  In objective games, sitting half a map away from the objective is camping.  But protecting the objective?  Not camping, since that's what  you're supposed to do.

Speaking from my definition, camping is staying in one spot with the intention to gain kills. But yes, the objective makes sense to 'camp'.
    Why do u care if its camping rushing sitting in a corner just play your own game and let haters hate that's what they do.
    I know that they give you defense medals for defending the objective.  If you are looking for people to say it is okay for you to defend the objective, you most likely won't find it here.  To each his own I say.  If you are comfortable hanging by the objective, then do it.  Most certainly you will be called a camper but it is only a name.  To each his/her own style of play I say.
    Lancecasual

sgthulkasbigtoe wrote:

I know that they give you defense medals for defending the objective.  If you are looking for people to say it is okay for you to defend the objective, you most likely won't find it here.  To each his own I say.  If you are comfortable hanging by the objective, then do it.  Most certainly you will be called a camper but it is only a name.  To each his/her own style of play I say.

I'll say it's ok to defend the objective.  BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO!
    im not asking if its ok i just asking on your guys opinion's i just what to how many people actually do it
    My team always make it a priority to find the bomb once my team gets a few guys down.  If one us finds it, we call it out.  Then, a perimeter gets setup around the bomb rather than the bomb site. 

There are many people who incorrectly consider S&D to be a multi-round, no respawn TDM game.

Lancecasual wrote:

sgthulkasbigtoe wrote:

I'll say it's ok to defend the objective.  BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO!

Apologies, you MAY find someone to give it the ok.  Thanks Lance. 
    w4464
    Morally Justified????  Camping is self preservation!!   If you run around like an idiot and I'm in the corner killing you when you run by, better you then me.  Most everyone camps.  Every map there are people camping, and always someone different in that spot after a camper gets killed.  Firing Range, the trailer, the tower, the blue building, the plywood building, the back building.  Always someone sitting and camping at all of these location, that's 5 location in one map with 8 players.  Same on every other map, there are atleast 5 or 6 buildings, windows, or corners you'll always find someone camping.  SO WHAT!   It's part of the game, live with it or quit!
    There is one form of camping that I dislike and that is camping in the middle of nowhere, miles away from any objective.
    WesleySnipesAccountant
    the real campers know who they are: sitting in a corner with flak jacket and a motion sensor, 74u pointed at the door.
    Doc__Holiday-
    Only scrubs who dont know how to play S&D will call it camping.  I basically only play search and its always an argument.  Everyone thinks its a tdm or something so they just rush like crazy and get killed.  Its one life per round and you are suppose to defend your bomb site.  Like one guy said and my clan does the samething if we kill the bomb carrier we will protect the bomb  because they have to come and get it.  Its smart game play otherwise it wouldnt say defend on the bomb sites it would say run out there and get killed so the other team can plant.  Ive been called a camper on offense to because I wait for the people on the other team to run to me when they should be defending and pick them one by one.  Then the numbers is on our side so I plant then defend the bomb plant.  If they were defending like they should have been it would have been harder.  Sorry about the like reply this drives me crazy
    strigoimuzik

TheShinigamiGod wrote:

Not camping. Thats the objective. For that reason I dont play SnD.
    kjaco0408
    camping.... the biggest complaint in cod history, is it not?
    camping is not moving or staying in a building not viewing on an objective,

Guarding a pathway to stop people from going around is considered camping w/o moving.
    i.e. if anyone has played the new map pack, on convoy and playing on demolition and your guarding bombsite B, and you are on the opposite side guarding the pathway by the giant truck so that no one goes around, htats camping

guarding a pathway directly toward the bombsite w/o moving is NOT camping
    i.e. guarding bombsite B in demolition of Array... atleast i think its the B one. idr.

but yes, thats the rule of thumb...

p.s. the rule of thumb originated awhile ago when men weren't allowed to beat their wives with anything wider than their thumb.
    strigoimuzik

kjaco0408 wrote:

p.s. the rule of thumb originated awhile ago when men weren't allowed to beat their wives with anything wider than their thumb.

Hey, I did not know that. Thanks for sharing.
    Fussypants

kxb220 wrote:

My team always make it a priority to find the bomb once my team gets a few guys down.  If one us finds it, we call it out.  Then, a perimeter gets setup around the bomb rather than the bomb site. 

There are many people who incorrectly consider S&D to be a multi-round, no respawn TDM game.

Brilliant!

One of the best tactics I have heard for that game type.

Objective play requires a defensive position in a lot of cases.
    I would recommend trying to adapt to it if it bothers you.

Fussypants wrote:

kxb220 wrote:

Brilliant!

One of the best tactics I have heard for that game type.

Objective play requires a defensive position in a lot of cases.
    I would recommend trying to adapt to it if it bothers you.

If I find the bomb then I sometimes do this tactic, but I play solo most of the time so I can't get people to set up a 'perimeter'.
    Camping is a tactic, nothing is wrong by using a tactic. I don't camp but I rush and I've been called Rushing-*** Rushing-*****, even Rushing-Pansy ****. Trust me, Tactic is a tactic same thing with 2nd chance. But I do think camping is getting a BIT old.. But life goes on.
    rlbl

kjaco0408 wrote:

wrong
    http://desktoppub.about.com/od/glossary/g/Rule-Of-Thumb.htm
    LRIIDiinasty
    well it is not really camping in SnD and headquarters but if you do it in domination or any other objective based game
    rlbl
    Why do people care if they are called campers anyways. When you have more important things to think about, these little things will seem... well...little!
    scumbaggah
    Sitting in the one spot for extended amounts of time is camping, It doesn't matter what you are doing it for it is still camping.
    Yes, it's camping. But at least you're not one of those kids who are afraid of the digital sun and always sit in a corner waiting.... If you ask youself "if this were a game of tag, would this be puppy guarding?" and answer yes, it's camping.
    Staind20960

TheShinigamiGod wrote:

it's primarily kids this talk this way on mics and in messages, and if you tell them what i do, that there is no such as camping in search and destroy, you should listen to them rage because they know im right.

TheShinigamiGod wrote:

Well after all you are defending right? and whats the mojo!? to stay alive and guard the objective. = camp which like previous ppl had said that its justifiable.

Sucks to all the rushers that don't know where to check.

Staind20960 wrote:

TheShinigamiGod wrote:

it's primarily kids this talk this way on mics and in messages, and if you tell them what i do, that there is no such as camping in search and destroy, you should listen to them rage because they know im right.

This is why I mute everyone. The kids online have no idea what they are talking about, and when you call them out on it they just start talking crap and calling you names, which I guess is their defense mechanism.

The object of SnD is to protect the bombsite when you're on the defensive. Why would you run around away from the bombsite to look for other people just to avoid being called a camper. To win the game they have to come to the target eventually....which is the point of playing is it not? I doubt guys in the military run around looking for guys to kill when they have a mission to defend something. It should be the same way in the game if you want it to be true to life...especially in SnD where its one kill you're done til the next round.

I just joined this Forum site yesterday and I'm already sick of hearing people ******** about people camping and what is camping and what is not camping. Who cares...play the game and have fun with it!
    well i get called a camper whenever i stop moving for a second to get a kill
    bloodpackviper
    its not camping if the objective is to defend thats why its called defending when i play domination and we have a and b for instance i protect them by moving to one checking its clear move to the other and check again and then repeat. I am under no circumstances when we capture c going run round the map like a mad man you have a team for a reason trust they can defend too.