7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 5:13 AM by Sexctasy RSS

Help!! Black ops server is not available at this time!!!

RGNshadow
Hi I bought this game about 2 weeks ago on steam I was able to play it just fine for about a week and I even made a frag movie(seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc76AyWcWHw) then one week into me having the game BOOM cant connect I have tried everything It is really pissing me off!!!! I really enjoy this game and I also own it on xbox(I bought it the day it game out on xbox but since I built my custom pc and then i bought it on there.) Treyarch Fix it or I want my money back if I need to I will send you a recite to prove that I bought this game and did not pirate. If anyone knows a fix please make sure to tell me and if you would like to add me on steam to help me out my username is: sketch3456.
Thanks
  • Re: Help!! Black ops server is not available at this time!!!
    BigOne1331
    Well without detailed system specs, I guess no one can really help you. It's not the game itself. It's a network issue that might be on your end, it might be on gameservers end, or it may be on steams end. My bet is that's it on either your end or gameservers. Treyarch didn't publish the game, so you won't see a refund from them. And, Activision, the publisher,  won't refund your money. It says specifically, "multiplayer is free with purchase of Black Ops". There's no guarantee that it will work. Sorry.
    RGNshadow
    Ok here are my specs and I custom built this myself.

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban 3.0GHz
    Asus M4A88T-V EVO/USB3
    XFX ATI Radeon 4890 1gb DDR5
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
    700w ModXStream-Pro PSU
    And A Thermaltake Element-G case

my Internet is the AT&T Package at 12Mb/s but I only get 1Mb/s and my computer is hardwired to my router.
    Now I did see something on changing the ports or something for the game but I have no idea how to do this if any one would be willing to show me you can add me on skype: sketch3456. I'm on there all the time. Also I do not have any anti virus installed at the moment because I restored my computer and I Also have the windows firewall currently turned off.
    justincn
    The same problem for me, cannot connect to Muti Server.
    RGNshadow
    Well apparently I have found out that we are banned. I know for an absolute fact I did not cheat in anyway. I found this out by making another steam account because its the free black ops multiplayer weekend. Then I logged into the account and started black ops next thing you know it works fine. Now I want someone to tell me why I am banned when I have not done anything at all because this is just absolutely ridiculous.
    So please somebody tell me as to why I am banned.

same here, this is going to break my ps3 if i keep trying as it freezes my console, what a waist of time buying this game, im going to get a refund from the shop and advise everyone not to buy the game, i think we should all report it to the news channels once its all over tv they might start responding to us and trying to fix it, news: thousands of people wait hours in que for black ops 2 after going home to play it they are faced with console freezing on loading game, server errors, damage to ps3s system through trying to load the game etc

I have same problem, on PC, i just did put them into steam as manuali and dat saying i have it shortcut (nonsteam game) i did add this trough source "C:/progfiles/..." Going to play zombie or multiplayer then just connecting ("Getting data from steam") 30-60 sec and then saying that Black ops II server is not available at this time. If u got any idea to get inside game, then pm me.

U said before, ur banned, so where can i check that, i bet i try to check to, but do not know where.

I can not be banned, cuz i have never been got access to multi or zombie.

Soz for **** english.

I do not speak a lot dat lang.