1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 5:00 PM by Trout 19 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Campers vs Noobtubers, that's the name of the game gentlemen.
  • 31. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Fr05ty666

DizzyMan124 wrote:

You know, it really wouldn't hurt to put some spaces after punctuation. Camping is a dumb way to play. How is it a stratagy?  You sit in a corner, aiming down your sights with your ghost pro, silenced FAMAS, and a motion sensor, and wait for some to walk in. That doesn't take skill. Thats why all these people have a good K/D, because they never move anywhere. Camping in say, Domination, doesn't help your team at all. You're the guy who always end the match with 5-0 cause you suck, and were obviously to scared to hurt your precious death ratio, that you didn't move.

I'm sorry but someone camping and holding B in a domination game helps your team a lot!!    And yeah 5-0 is a sucky score!
  • 32. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    BallzWylde
    I believe there is a fine line between what people call "camping" as opposed to fortifying, gaurding an objective, or using the tools given to you to your advantage. For example. The clown that hides in a remote corner of a map in domination nowhere near anything and lays down just to wait for a couple guys to walk by. Then he kills them and moves to another corner and waits for them to come back around and shoots them in the back( then repeating this process) is a lemon. Or the guy playing domination that runs up in a building and sits the whole time either shooting out a window or laying down in a doorway is pretty much a lemon. Although if your team has two flags and your using this as a way to protect that flag its more like fortifying a position. Which also brings up position securing. Why in the world do people get flag A, run to Flag C, back to flag A? WIthout B you will barely be able to secure A and C when guys respawn. Id much rather "camp" at B which I do often until my team has a nice lead. It by no means makes me tough to kill. On the contrary I sometimes get overpowered when the whole enemy team comes running down there.
        A real strategy I wish the majority, not the minority (which is the case) used is get A or C. Have one man defend that flag. Everyone else move to B and get B. Then sit and hold B until either A) A healthy lead is accumulated or B) the enemy bumrushes your other flag and captures it. At that point send a couple guys for their corner flag and everyone else just turn around at B. This by no means is camping. SImple enough but as a guy who plays solo 99% of the time I cant believe that most dont get this. I also get fummed when I jump on a team and we lose 200-150. Afterwards I see I collect 5-7 flags as I always do and no one else grabbed more than one. Usually I see guys with amazing KD's on my team and I escape barely on the plus side. Especially when half my deaths were trying to secure a flag that a fellow teammate ran right past me to go hide in a corner. That guy is also a lemon. In games where I have teammates help collecting flags I usually end up in the top 2  scores with a nice KD myself. Unfortunately for me I find hiding in a corner while my team is getting beatdown an unsatisfying way to play. Hiding and securing a flag while we are winning is not. Not to mention its good to have "ONE" guy on your team that just hides and racks up kills. Just not the whole team.
      Then there is using the tools youve been given to your advantage. If myself or someone on my team gets a spy plane or a bird and I see three enemies walking toward me on the map I will go prone. Thats just smart money, not camping. Another form of this is when I am in a location and I know the enemy is going to spawn somewhere close in front of me. Ill find someplace nice and wait for goofs to run right out thinking that area is clear with no regard. Thats not camping either although Ive heard that one a lot. You dont like it, play with caution from the moment you respawn.
       Now throw in the fact that camping used right can be a very good strategy. Ive jumped into games where the enemy already has B and their corner flag. No matter what direction I go in theres someone there behind something waiting for me. I dont get sassy and call them campers. I call that a good team playing in sync.
         If a guy chooses to camp, its his dollar. I paid for my XBox, my game, and my live account to play the way I like to. If he decides that his maximum amount of fun is hiding in a corner for ten minutes its his dime. Plus we have been given accesories to counter such players. You have grenades, motion sensor, and smoke bombs gallore in your arsenal right away. You can quickly obtain a spy plane or RCXD to also smoke out that camper. If you hate " that guy" camper with the motion sensor have a guy ready with hacker pro. Makes him the sitting duck then.
       Im relatively new to these boards and I have seen so much complaining about guns, perks, campers, ect. If you play well you shouldnt worry about what the other guy does. My first few months of playing Black Ops online I was all over the place. I had never played any of these games online before. In time I learned the maps, the strategies, where campers camp, where the lines of least resistance are. I used the Famas almost all the time. After playing I heard a lot of whining about it. I heard a lot of people calling me out as if I couldnt be good with any other gun. I never jumped to the AK-74U which I think is the cheapest gun in this game. An SMG with assault rifle capabilities and rapid fire is pretty OP in my opinion. But to be objective I started using other guns. I found Im actually just as good with a Commando, Aug, Stoner, or recently a Kiparis as I am with the Famas. Do I never use the Famas anymore, nope. I still like using it. I just use a bigger array of weapons now. Especially when I can look at the list of recent players and 80% are using the Famas, Galil, Aug, AK-74U anyways.
       I guess my rant with that last part, while it had nothing to do with the topic is this. Why worry about what other people do. You have all the same options they do. You just choose not to use them. Or most of you probably do but still come on here and whine about it to sound "pro". This is a game, play it the way you want. It is meant to be fun. Your KD ratio isnt impressing your friends and it wont get you a date. Most people with ridiculously good KDs that Ive seen are the campers, cheaters, and guys who play objective games and dont help their team one bit anyways. When I see a guy who nabs flags, gets into the fight and still comes out with a solid KD then Im impressed. Next round I hope I get put on his squad. If not I play a bit more cautiously and hope to come out ahead. Honestly that is how Ive met some of the coolest players I have on XBox Live. Guys send me request and notes quite often saying " nice to see someone else is good at this game and still plays it right". But again that is the way I enjoy playing strategic with a little reckless behavior. I like when my team wins more than when I look good on a losing team.
  • 33. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    ghosthound

BallzWylde wrote:

I believe there is a fine line between what people call "camping" as opposed to fortifying, gaurding an objective, or using the tools given to you to your advantage. For example. The clown that hides in a remote corner of a map in domination nowhere near anything and lays down just to wait for a couple guys to walk by. Then he kills them and moves to another corner and waits for them to come back around and shoots them in the back( then repeating this process) is a lemon. Or the guy playing domination that runs up in a building and sits the whole time either shooting out a window or laying down in a doorway is pretty much a lemon. Although if your team has two flags and your using this as a way to protect that flag its more like fortifying a position. Which also brings up position securing. Why in the world do people get flag A, run to Flag C, back to flag A? WIthout B you will barely be able to secure A and C when guys respawn. Id much rather "camp" at B which I do often until my team has a nice lead. It by no means makes me tough to kill. On the contrary I sometimes get overpowered when the whole enemy team comes running down there.
        A real strategy I wish the majority, not the minority (which is the case) used is get A or C. Have one man defend that flag. Everyone else move to B and get B. Then sit and hold B until either A) A healthy lead is accumulated or B) the enemy bumrushes your other flag and captures it. At that point send a couple guys for their corner flag and everyone else just turn around at B. This by no means is camping. SImple enough but as a guy who plays solo 99% of the time I cant believe that most dont get this. I also get fummed when I jump on a team and we lose 200-150. Afterwards I see I collect 5-7 flags as I always do and no one else grabbed more than one. Usually I see guys with amazing KD's on my team and I escape barely on the plus side. Especially when half my deaths were trying to secure a flag that a fellow teammate ran right past me to go hide in a corner. That guy is also a lemon. In games where I have teammates help collecting flags I usually end up in the top 2  scores with a nice KD myself. Unfortunately for me I find hiding in a corner while my team is getting beatdown an unsatisfying way to play. Hiding and securing a flag while we are winning is not. Not to mention its good to have "ONE" guy on your team that just hides and racks up kills. Just not the whole team.
      Then there is using the tools youve been given to your advantage. If myself or someone on my team gets a spy plane or a bird and I see three enemies walking toward me on the map I will go prone. Thats just smart money, not camping. Another form of this is when I am in a location and I know the enemy is going to spawn somewhere close in front of me. Ill find someplace nice and wait for goofs to run right out thinking that area is clear with no regard. Thats not camping either although Ive heard that one a lot. You dont like it, play with caution from the moment you respawn.
       Now throw in the fact that camping used right can be a very good strategy. Ive jumped into games where the enemy already has B and their corner flag. No matter what direction I go in theres someone there behind something waiting for me. I dont get sassy and call them campers. I call that a good team playing in sync.
         If a guy chooses to camp, its his dollar. I paid for my XBox, my game, and my live account to play the way I like to. If he decides that his maximum amount of fun is hiding in a corner for ten minutes its his dime. Plus we have been given accesories to counter such players. You have grenades, motion sensor, and smoke bombs gallore in your arsenal right away. You can quickly obtain a spy plane or RCXD to also smoke out that camper. If you hate " that guy" camper with the motion sensor have a guy ready with hacker pro. Makes him the sitting duck then.
       Im relatively new to these boards and I have seen so much complaining about guns, perks, campers, ect. If you play well you shouldnt worry about what the other guy does. My first few months of playing Black Ops online I was all over the place. I had never played any of these games online before. In time I learned the maps, the strategies, where campers camp, where the lines of least resistance are. I used the Famas almost all the time. After playing I heard a lot of whining about it. I heard a lot of people calling me out as if I couldnt be good with any other gun. I never jumped to the AK-74U which I think is the cheapest gun in this game. An SMG with assault rifle capabilities and rapid fire is pretty OP in my opinion. But to be objective I started using other guns. I found Im actually just as good with a Commando, Aug, Stoner, or recently a Kiparis as I am with the Famas. Do I never use the Famas anymore, nope. I still like using it. I just use a bigger array of weapons now. Especially when I can look at the list of recent players and 80% are using the Famas, Galil, Aug, AK-74U anyways.
       I guess my rant with that last part, while it had nothing to do with the topic is this. Why worry about what other people do. You have all the same options they do. You just choose not to use them. Or most of you probably do but still come on here and whine about it to sound "pro". This is a game, play it the way you want. It is meant to be fun. Your KD ratio isnt impressing your friends and it wont get you a date. Most people with ridiculously good KDs that Ive seen are the campers, cheaters, and guys who play objective games and dont help their team one bit anyways. When I see a guy who nabs flags, gets into the fight and still comes out with a solid KD then Im impressed. Next round I hope I get put on his squad. If not I play a bit more cautiously and hope to come out ahead. Honestly that is how Ive met some of the coolest players I have on XBox Live. Guys send me request and notes quite often saying " nice to see someone else is good at this game and still plays it right". But again that is the way I enjoy playing strategic with a little reckless behavior. I like when my team wins more than when I look good on a losing team.

China called, they want their Great Wall back mate. 
  • 34. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    adw1983

BallzWylde wrote:

Ibelievethereisafinelinebetweenwhatpeoplecall"camping"asopposedtofortifying,gaur dinganobjective,orusingthetoolsgiventoyoutoyouradvantage.
    Forexample.Theclownthathidesinaremotecornerofamapindominationnowherenearanythin gandlaysdownjusttowaitforacoupleguystowalkby.
    Thenhekillsthemandmovestoanothercornerandwaitsforthemtocomebackaroundandshootst hemintheback(thenrepeatingthisprocess)
    isalemon.Ortheguyplayingdominationthatrunsupinabuildingandsitsthewholetimeeithe rshootingoutawindoworlayingdowninadoorwayis
    prettymuchalemon.Althoughifyourteamhastwoflagsandyourusingthisasawaytoprotectth atflagitsmorelikefortifyingaposition.Whichalsobrings
    uppositionsecuring.WhyintheworlddopeoplegetflagA,runtoFlagC,backtoflagA?WIthout ByouwillbarelybeabletosecureAandCwhenguysrespawn.
    Idmuchrather"camp"atBwhichIdooftenuntilmyteamhasanicelead.Itbynomeansmakesmetou ghtokill.OnthecontraryIsometimesgetoverpowered
    whenthewholeenemyteamcomesrunningdownthere.ArealstrategyIwishthemajority,notthe minority(whichisthecase)usedisgetAorC.Haveoneman
    defendthatflag.EveryoneelsemovetoBandgetB.ThensitandholdBuntileitherA)Ahealthyl eadisaccumulatedorB)theenemybumrushesyourotherflag
    andcapturesit.Atthatpointsendacoupleguysfortheircornerflagandeveryoneelsejusttu rnaroundatB.Thisbynomeansiscamping.SImpleenoughbutas
    aguywhoplayssolo99%ofthetimeIcantbelievethatmostdontgetthis.IalsogetfummedwhenI jumponateamandwelose200-150.AfterwardsIseeIcollect
    5-7flagsasIalwaysdoandnooneelsegrabbedmorethanone.UsuallyIseeguyswithamazingKD' sonmyteamandIescapebarelyontheplusside.Especially
    whenhalfmydeathsweretryingtosecureaflagthatafellowteammateranrightpastmetogohid einacorner.Thatguyisalsoalemon.IngameswhereIhave
    teammateshelpcollectingflagsIusuallyendupinthetop2scoreswithaniceKDmyself.Unfor tunatelyformeIfindhidinginacornerwhilemyteamisgetting
    beatdownanunsatisfyingwaytoplay.Hidingandsecuringaflagwhilewearewinningisnot.No ttomentionitsgoodtohave"ONE"guyonyourteamthatjust
    hidesandracksupkills.Justnotthewholeteam.Thenthereisusingthetoolsyouvebeengiven toyouradvantage.Ifmyselforsomeoneonmyteamgetsa
    spyplaneorabirdandIseethreeenemieswalkingtowardmeonthemapIwillgoprone.Thatsjust smartmoney,notcamping.Anotherformofthisiswhen
    IaminalocationandIknowtheenemyisgoingtospawnsomewherecloseinfrontofme.Illfindso meplaceniceandwaitforgoofstorunrightoutthinkingthat
    areaisclearwithnoregard.ThatsnotcampingeitheralthoughIveheardthatonealot.Youdon tlikeit,playwithcautionfromthemomentyourespawn.Nowthrow
    inthefactthatcampingusedrightcanbeaverygoodstrategy.Ivejumpedintogameswherethee nemyalreadyhasBandtheircornerflag.Nomatterwhatdirection
    Igointheressomeonetherebehindsomethingwaitingforme.Idontgetsassyandcallthemcamp ers.Icallthatagoodteamplayinginsync.Ifaguychooses
    tocamp,itshisdollar.IpaidformyXBox,mygame,andmyliveaccounttoplaythewayIliketo.I fhedecidesthathismaximumamountoffunishidinginacorner
    fortenminutesitshisdime.Pluswehavebeengivenaccesoriestocountersuchplayers.Youha vegrenades,motionsensor,andsmokebombsgalloreinyour
    arsenalrightaway.YoucanquicklyobtainaspyplaneorRCXDtoalsosmokeoutthatcamper.Ify ouhate"thatguy"camperwiththemotionsensorhaveaguy
    readywithhackerpro.Makeshimthesittingduckthen.ImrelativelynewtotheseboardsandIh aveseensomuchcomplainingaboutguns,perks,campers,
    ect.Ifyouplaywellyoushouldntworryaboutwhattheotherguydoes.Myfirstfewmonthsofpla yingBlackOpsonlineIwasallovertheplace.Ihadneverplayed
    anyofthesegamesonlinebefore.IntimeIlearnedthemaps,thestrategies,wherecamperscam p,wherethelinesofleastresistanceare.IusedtheFamas
    almostallthetime.AfterplayingIheardalotofwhiningaboutit.Iheardalotofpeoplecalli ngmeoutasifIcouldntbegoodwithanyothergun.Ineverjumpedtothe
    AK-74UwhichIthinkisthecheapestguninthisgame.AnSMGwithassaultriflecapabilitiesan drapidfireisprettyOPinmyopinion.ButtobeobjectiveIstarted
    usingotherguns.IfoundImactuallyjustasgoodwithaCommando,Aug,Stoner,orrecentlyaKi parisasIamwiththeFamas.DoIneverusetheFamasanymore
    ,nope.Istilllikeusingit.Ijustuseabiggerarrayofweaponsnow.EspeciallywhenIcanlook atthelistofrecentplayersand80%areusingtheFamas,Galil,Aug,
    AK-74Uanyways.Iguessmyrantwiththatlastpart,whileithadnothingtodowiththetopicist his.Whyworryaboutwhatotherpeopledo.Youhaveallthesame
    optionstheydo.Youjustchoosenottousethem.Ormostofyouprobablydobutstillcomeonhere andwhineaboutittosound"pro".Thisisagame,playittheway
    youwant.Itismeanttobefun.YourKDratioisntimpressingyourfriendsanditwontgetyouada te.MostpeoplewithridiculouslygoodKDsthatIveseenarethe
    campers,cheaters,andguyswhoplayobjectivegamesanddonthelptheirteamonebitanyways. WhenIseeaguywhonabsflags,getsintothefightandstill
    comesoutwithasolidKDthenImimpressed.NextroundIhopeIgetputonhissquad.IfnotIplaya bitmorecautiouslyandhopetocomeoutahead.Honestly
    thatishowIvemetsomeofthecoolestplayersIhaveonXBoxLive.Guyssendmerequestandnotes quiteoftensaying"nicetoseesomeoneelseisgoodatthis
    gameandstillplaysitright".ButagainthatisthewayIenjoyplayingstrategicwithalittle recklessbehavior.IlikewhenmyteamwinsmorethanwhenIlookgood
    onalosingteam.

The Berlin wall fell in 1989 didn't it?
    How did this guy get a piece this big?
  • 35. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    A Ninjakitty
    Who pays $60 for a game just to sit in a corner?
  • 36. Re: Camper Cry Babies

A Ninjakitty wrote:

Who pays $60 for a game just to sit in a corner?

you are an idiot
  • 37. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    miclo09

noupperlobeman wrote:

This thread is new and exciting.

• 38. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    NOTHING PLEASES ME BETTER THAN TO RUSH WITH DUAL HS10 LIGHTWEIGHT PRO STEADY AIM PRO MARATHON PRO AND BUCK THESE SO CALLED STRATEGISTS.  BECAUSE IT IS A VIDEO GAME AND YOU RESPAWN I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT K/D RATIO.  I WANT EXCITEMENT AND A HEARTBEAT.
    IF SITTING IN A CORNER W/ GHOST SILENCE CLAYMORE MOTION WHATEVER, OR IN LINES OF SIGHT FEEL FREE.
    WHEN THESE HS10'S BLAST YOUR FACE BECAUSE I DROP DOWN ON YOU FROM ABOVE AND BUCK THE TOP OF YOUR SKULL AFTER A 360.... I'LL ENJOY SEEING YOUR 15TH PRESTIGE EMBLEM ABRUPTLY FIND A NEW LOBBY.
    AND I WILL STILL CALL YOU A CAMPING F$$GOT.  AND MY K/D RATIO IS WORSE THAN YOURS.

THESE CAMPERS I'M SURE ARE THE SAME GIRLS THAT SIT IN A DEER STAND AND WAIT FOR A DEER TO WALK BY TO SHOOT.  I'M SURE THEY CALL THAT "HUNTING" ....  HOW ARE YOU "HUNTING" WHEN YOU REMAIN STATIONARY WAITING FOR SAID TARGET TO CROSS YOUR PATH TO BE SHOT FROM AN UNKNOWN TARGET?

BUT TO EACH HIS OWN.  IF YOU WANT TO SIT IN A CORNER OR BEHIND A BARREL FEEL FREE.  JUST KNOW THESE DUAL HS10'S WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOU.
  • 39. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    akumakitteh
    BallzWylde voiced my opinion on the matter.

You know how frustrating it is when you join a game of domination, and you're the only one securing positions or defending them, 'cuz everyone else is too busy trying to get kills? Yeah, I "camp". Meaning, I stay in the general area of a position, or find a good spot to defend it from, if it gives us a better chance of winning the game.