1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 5:00 PM by Trout 19 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    if camping is a crime because it is the smartest way to play to an objective without constantly dieing like an idiot,then I digress, I am guilty as charged....
  • 41. Re: Camper Cry Babies

Godzilla77 wrote:

if camping is a crime because it is the smartest way to play to an objective without constantly dieing like an idiot,then I digress, I am guilty as charged....

Camping =/= smart
  • 42. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Halo_=_CoD
    Camping. Slows this fast-paced game. This results in boredom. Ruins game.

It also is not helping your team if you're down in Domniation or CTF. Gives other team win.

It requires merely your ADS button, Aim stick and fire button. Requires no skill.

It is boring for the camper. Ruins point of playing for fun.
  • 43. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Yowhassup
    This is a game. A game has maps. Maps have buildings and corners. Buildings and corners are where campers hide. If you would like to get rid of campers, get rid of the game.
  • 44. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    whohw

darkorion69 wrote:

Imho, Camping is the strategy employed by players who are essentially afraid to rack up too many Deaths and who prefer to get Kills from easy targets who become frustrated after being repeatedly killed by Campers (and return to the campsite recklessly.)  I tend to prefer a challenge, so I tend to Run and Gun most of the time.  To me it is less about my KDR than it is about enjoying the challenge offered by my opponents.  Killing Campers is not a challenge, so if I get camped I usually just go to another area of the map to hunt until the Camper gets bored.  The only Campers I actually deplore are the ones that killwhore on Objective Matches, because they make the Objective Mode virtually meaningless.

Couldn't agree more with you, running and gunning is a lot more fun than sitting "tactically" somewhere waiting for an enemy to pass by. Where's the skill? I've played a TDM game where everyone was sitting in corners, that resulted in the game reaching the time limit and the final score was 1700-1700. It made me wonder if these people have lives 'cause i couldn't staying in one spot even if people are running at me, i prefer to run at them like a headless chicken and killing them with my FAL. Objective games are different though but that shouldn't be an excuse for you to "find good spot to defend it from" you should defend the objective. Run and gun since KDR doesnt matter in objective games. The only game mode that it is okay to camp in is SnD
  • 45. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    adw1983

ADW1983 wrote:

Fr05ty666 wrote:

Meat Popsicle wrote:

In The Art of War by Sun Tzu, Sun Tzu advises "Move not unless you see an advantage" and "If it is to your advantage, make a forward move; if it is not, stay where you are."

Really that is all it comes down to - each player should do whatever gives them an advantage. If a player sees something to be gained by staying put, they should do that. If they see an advantage by rushing, they should do that. It really is that simple.

To adapt and adjust your tactics based on the situation, your personal skills, and your class setup makes sense; changing what you do because your enemy doesn't like it makes no sense. Using one style 100% of the time for every situation, whether it's "camping" or "run-and-gunning", is foolish. Do whatever gives you an advantage at that particular moment.

best post i have seen on here in a long time!!!

What does Sun Tzu have to say on camping then?
    Notice that he sais that you move when you have an advantage to gain from moving.

Against campers, you do not have any advantages to gain from moving:
    The best strategy against campers is to camp even harder.
    (In real life, the best strategy as attackers with the same weaponary as the defenders is to be twice as many as the defenders -- but you don't score half the points when camping in team deathmatch, do you?)

Surely there can't be anything wrong about sitting behind a rock with a motion sensor in the outskirts of the map waiting for the camper to finally come to you?

That is what I loved about 1 vs 1.
    When HE camps, just camp and hide till the time runs out.
    Kill him if you see him, and relocate -- but continue to camp hard no matter how much he runs.
    When he ******* about you not moving, take a picture and hang it on the wall, and it will remind you that the world is filled with idiots with double-standards and no sense of fair play.

What is a conflict it called when there's no attackers?
    PEACE.

Why doesn't the campers EVER respond to criticism??

In any case: What do you (campers) do when someone camps even harder than you -- when you ALWAYS have to go look for them?
  • 46. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    cmcgowan
    It's A game, not a skills contest, You don't have skills your just pushing buttons, that's not a skill, stop bragging. If you could do all this stuff you brag about in real life with real guns and real bullets then I might be impressed, but you would be the guy camping in a corner crying as you piss your pants. The military wouldn't take you anyway you fat astigmatic twinky sucking couch terd. There is nothing wrong with camping the only people that complain about campers are the people that always get killed by them, because your to stupid to play intelligently. Running around like you have a flare up your ass is not intelligent.
  • 47. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    adw1983
    Whoever in the world was that a response to??

In my post, I asked ONE question.
    What do you do?

You quit -- because even campers hate campers, they just haven't realized they're complete and utter arseholes... yet.
  • 48. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    Fr05ty666

Halo_=_CoD wrote:

Camping. Slows this fast-paced game. This results in boredom. Ruins game.

It also is not helping your team if you're down in Domniation or CTF. Gives other team win.

It requires merely your ADS button, Aim stick and fire button. Requires no skill.

It is boring for the camper. Ruins point of playing for fun.

Its not boring to hold a postion in domination against waves and waves of the enemy.
  • 49. Re: Camper Cry Babies
    ummmmmm bullshit.im sorry i hate the check ur corners.they are in the corner u turn they are already expecting u.to **** that up u would have to have the slowest reaction speed ever.it makes the game less enjoyable.not sayin run around all crazy but dude.sitting there with ghost a suppressor with a motion sensor not even in a spot that is suitable to defend an objective?thats wack.y dont we all sit in a corner and see who wins.lets all play like that 1 time.no one moves and wait for someone to run past
1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next