20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 5:13 PM by martypoo RSS

Anyone have a good strategy for Nacht der Untoten?

As the title says, I'm trying to find a strategy for Nacht der Untoten in Black Ops. I have a strategy for every other level. I am trying to figure out a strategy for this level, but if someone already has a good one, that'd be great. It needs to at least get you into the 20s. I am not specifying a strategy for a specific number of players, so it can be 1, 2, 3, or 4. Thanks.
  • Re: Anyone have a good strategy for Nacht der Untoten?
    When I play Nacht with multiple people I go through the Help door up the stairs and camp by the grenades. But if for some reason I'm playing solo then I'll do my best to kite them in the Help room.
    JoeyVictim
    I do not believe there is a solid high round strategy.
    Only the one like the post above me.
    You can only survive until the horde becomes enormous.
    Then It relies on skill which can only get you so far due to 2 hit knock down.
    Well yeah, I guess. I do that camping strategy, but the highest it's gotten me is 19. Even if it did get me to 20, that'd only be an increase of 1 round.

I was thinking that maybe all four players could run around as a team. If one goes down, he gets out of the path and no one tries to revive him, unless the entire horde has spawned so they think they can get him. Then you might be able to turn chance against itself. What are the odds of being hit twice? Very high. But if you can cut that down to four players, and even more if you can revive them... it's just an idea. You'd have to wait in a room for a minute at the begin of a round to TRY to get the to spawn behind you.
    SquareWave
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEWxtMgyb3o&feature=channel_video_title

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhfhQ6rRwwc&feature=channel_video_title

this are strategies i use, i ****** up on the second video but the base strategy is there, and if you have two people playing, its a winning strategy :P!
    I am going to try those out right now.
    XboxllTigr3ll
    I do this strategy all the time i play nacht der untoten-:
    1.In begin safe points till round 5
    2.Open the door (Not upstairs)
    3.just Gamble few times or just gamble till you got a GOOD weapon (Your choise)
    4.Then your somewhere in round 6 fight till round 7.
    5.Open the upstairs barrier in the Mystery box room
    6.If your upstairs go straight to the balcony or something (DONT BUY THE BARRIER DOWNSTAIRS)
    7.Go to the corner next to the stairs, behind you you can buy grenades for 250 Points
    8.Just camp there in the corner if you got good weapons...
    9.then you can camp hole game

thats my strategy hope your enjoy   
    turdfurgburg
    3 player.

one by the chest, one in the help room, on by the nades.

can't take the heat, get outa the kitchen.
    I always loved keeping the "help" door shut. and going into the room with the box thru the strairs.. and just rap training them around the pillars.. got to 30 doing that.. i HATE the grenade camping strategy.. u just get cornered and die around 20-25
    2ndlt.colt
    It's not a strategy, but a small set of rules I used to get a bit more than 20 on solo.
    1. The sniping Soviet reigns supreme. (grab the Kar98k to thin their health a bit and then just knife in the first rounds)
    2. A carbine a day keeps the zombies away. (after the first 3 rounds you'll need the M1A1 Carbine to repeat step one or simply to not get overwhelmed)
    3. Double dose cure, with rapid release capsule. (Use the double barreled shotgun and Thompson in the Help room if you don't get anything good from the box)
    4. The CQSniping blows some heads. (the Scoped Kar98k in the second floor is very powerful and will help thin them out both up close and personal and from a distance)
    5. A shotgun's your best friend. (the shotguns really help a lot in later levels, specially the Trench gun)
    6. No perks, traps, Pap? Fine, NO MERCY!! (if you've got teammates this helps a lot.Have the two guys with the most points stay behind the two with the least/more powerful guns throwing a seemingly endless barrage of grenades at the zombies that come from all the other rooms)
    @SquareWave: I'm still trying them out. They're interesting; I need to try them out quite a bit. It'll take some testing.

@Xbox: Yeah, that's what I do. I want to do something that'll get me to higher rounds than just camping.

@turd: um... that's just individual camping, but maybe if there were a circuit to run in each of those rooms

@jobe: Agreed. I'm trying that out now and seeing how that works.

@2nd Lt. Colt: lol, funny. That's informative, but I still need a strategy with which to use those. Thanks anyway
    Question. when running around in either area (or both if we have two people), which doors do you open? There are a couple of combos and I don't know which work best.
    2ndlt.colt

MurderMachineX wrote:

Question. when running around in either area (or both if we have two people), which doors do you open? There are a couple of combos and I don't know which work best.

Either and neither, both end up in using my rules either way, though I'd recomend going for Help first.
    Hellokitty1000
    Open stairs not Help door.  Buy Thompson and build points by hording zombies in oval.  Ending weapons, PPSh-41 or Raygun with Flamethrower.

Another strategy is to horde them in the opening spawn room by the square columns.  Never open the Help Door.  Don't get sucked in by the lies.  Lol!  That door is a death trap.
    2ndlt.colt

Hellokitty1000 wrote:

Open stairs not Help door.  Buy Thompson and build points by hording zombies in oval.  Ending weapons, PPSh-41 or Raygun with Flamethrower.

Another strategy is to horde them in the opening spawn room by the square columns.

OP asked for BO strat, not W@W
    Hellokitty1000

2nd Lt. Colt wrote:

Hellokitty1000 wrote:

Another strategy is to horde them in the opening spawn room by the square columns.

OP asked for BO strat, not W@W

Oh, just use the Thundergun...
    The Thundergun doesn't get you to Round 20 alone. It needs a strategy.
    i have a strategy i wanna try you leave the door from the trench to the box closed. three windows and a door. need monkeys[more then one person]  and thundergun. make crawlers past 20 every round just in case.

Open help door.

1 player cycles in 1st room. (round the pillars with a powerfull weapon, thundergun

later is a must)

2 players maintain windows in mystery box room.

1 player covers help doorway (and revives cycle player with monkeys)

cycle player must be good- its all about falling into the gap.

there are many routes round the pillars, the widest one is safest for crowd control

but the zombies will mostly dictate the path you travel

if there is no gap, pick the zombie thats in the way and smoke him.

if you have thundergun, its not a problem.

on the higher rounds if you dont leave a crawler and re-arm its easy to get trapped.

Open help door.

1 player cycles in 1st room. (round the pillars with a powerfull weapon, thundergun

later is a must)

there are many routes round the pillars, the widest one is safest for crowd control

on the higher rounds if you dont leave a crawler and re-arm its easy to get trapped.

Open help door.

later is a must)