1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2011 12:07 PM by yougottrolled Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance
    Recon326

JSasRays wrote:

The people who are saying this isnt a big deal obviously use second chance, if you dont see this as a problem, then you are obviously contributing to the problem. I just cant see any non second chance user getting pissed off if that happened to them. And before any smart*** say second chancers are easy to finish off, yes i agree that they are. But that one time when you're one away from dogs or gunship and this happens to you its extremely annoying. If you use second chance and think you're good because you have a high k/d its time to quit fooling yourself.

haha love how people actually take this game seriously. I've had this happen to me multiple times, even on a high killstreak. Never raged about it.
    I had it happen to me today, 1 away from a chopper gunner, never raged. I think it's fine, never used it. There are alot of holes in this quote.
  • 21. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance
    Recon326

Marcus2012(3) wrote:

Staind20960 wrote:

Marcus2012(3) wrote:

It not the case that SC shouldn't be used.  People can use it if they want but if they've lost the health to use their primary they shouldn't be able to use it. Period

you were killed by bullets already fired from his primary before he fell into second chance, no glitch involved. get over it.

Not the case, he fired after taking the damage that should have left him with a pistol.  Shame you didn't see the slow mo killcam it was even more obvious than it already is. And at the end of the video he's even holding the shotgun and is in SC (from my perspective). Get over yourself

I had to re-watch the video, post it in slow motion please, it isn't that hard. After all you have 8 extra seconds (it would be 9 except theater mode doesn't want to upload clips that are 30 seconds around).
  • 22. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance

Recon326 wrote:

I had to re-watch the video, post it in slow motion please, it isn't that hard. After all you have 8 extra seconds (it would be 9 except theater mode doesn't want to upload clips that are 30 seconds around).

OK, how do you do slow mo in theather mode?
  • 23. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance
    jespitia85

JSasRays wrote:

The people who are saying this isnt a big deal obviously use second chance, if you dont see this as a problem, then you are obviously contributing to the problem. I just cant see any non second chance user getting pissed off if that happened to them. And before any smart*** say second chancers are easy to finish off, yes i agree that they are. But that one time when you're one away from dogs or gunship and this happens to you its extremely annoying. If you use second chance and think you're good because you have a high k/d its time to quit fooling yourself.

Naw buddy, I've never used Second Chance. Never.

I just don't find a death to be gamebreaking. I've probably died by this glitch or whatever 2 or 3 times in 12 days of play. Now if this was happening 2 or 3 times every match, yes I would think it was a problem.

And so what if it happends 1 kill away from dogs or a gunship. I can't stand people who throw fits "i was 1 kill away from dogs!!!"  so what, you can't get your dogs again or what?
  • 24. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance
    Recon326

Marcus2012(3) wrote:

Recon326 wrote:

OK, how do you do slow mo in theather mode?

-_- seriously?
    Isn't it generally one of those things that you learn when you first use theater, you know, then you F**ck around with the controls to see what they do?
    Anyway, it's R2. It is pressure sensitive, but applying light pressure to the R2 button will have it go 0.1 the normal speed.
  • 25. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance
    kastro187420

jespitia85 wrote:

I just don't find a death to be gamebreaking. I've probably died by this glitch or whatever 2 or 3 times in 12 days of play. Now if this was happening 2 or 3 times every match, yes I would think it was a problem.

And so what if it happends 1 kill away from dogs or a gunship. I can't stand people who throw fits "i was 1 kill away from dogs!!!"  so what, you can't get your dogs again or what?

Do you know why games are released half-ass these days, and why they need MULTIPLE patches within the first couple months of release? It's because of people like you who don't mind faulty products. They release a half-assed product and your reply is "Oh well, I don't mind.". I hope you don't mind being walked on through life if that's the attitude you take towards things.

If on the other hand, you want a polished product that plays without flaws and glitches, you need to stop being scared to call them on the faults and tell them that you want it fixed.

Anyway, it's R2. It is pressure sensitive, but applying light pressure to the R2 button will have it go 0.1 the normal speed.

Switch the Theater Control Style to "Badbot" and you can change the speed with Up and Down on the D-Pad.
  • 26. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance
    jespitia85

Kastro187420 wrote:

jespitia85 wrote:

Do you know why games are released half-ass these days, and why they need MULTIPLE patches within the first couple months of release? It's because of people like you who don't mind faulty products. They release a half-assed product and your reply is "Oh well, I don't mind.". I hope you don't mind being walked on through life if that's the attitude you take towards things.

If on the other hand, you want a polished product that plays without flaws and glitches, you need to stop being scared to call them on the faults and tell them that you want it fixed.

Switch the Theater Control Style to "Badbot" and you can change the speed with Up and Down on the D-Pad.

no i don't think things work that way sorry.
    and you know nothing of my life so no need to bring that up again.

you pick your battles. and sorry this one is a pointless one. there are other issues people could focus on that are bigger and more important than this one. the world is not perfect and neither are videos games. and they will never be.
  • 27. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance
    Wendy Burger

Kastro187420 wrote:

What a passionate gamer! He cares so much about video games!

Seriously, that post put tears in my eyes.

• 28. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance
    kastro187420

jespitia85 wrote:

you pick your battles. and sorry this one is a pointless one. there are other issues people could focus on that are bigger and more important than this one. the world is not perfect and neither are videos games. and they will never be.

Things will never be perfect, but that doesn't mean you should settle for "half-assed" either. This isn't a pointless issue either. None of the problems that plague this game are "pointless". They all contribute to the overall frustration of the game. It also goes towards Company Image. How do you think it's going to make them look when they ignore issues like this that have been going on for 7+ months? This is by no means a "new" issue.

Fixing the small issues are a step in the right direction, especially if the bigger issues are going to take much longer to fix.

But as long as there is the attitude of "Oh well so be it. It's broken and that's that.", we'll continue seeing these problems. I mean really think about it here. The PS3 version of Black Ops was pretty much unplayable. So many people couldn't even get online with it because of how bad it was. Do you think something like that would have ever happened if they were held to a higher standard? No. But because this is "Call of Duty", they know they can half-ass it and see major sales anyway.

"Big Issues" exist because the smaller issues get ignored, and they learn that they don't have to put in as much effort.
  • 29. Re: Perfect example of using a primary while in second chance
    jespitia85

Kastro187420 wrote:

jespitia85 wrote:

Things will never be perfect, but that doesn't mean you should settle for "half-assed" either. This isn't a pointless issue either. None of the problems that plague this game are "pointless". They all contribute to the overall frustration of the game. It also goes towards Company Image. How do you think it's going to make them look when they ignore issues like this that have been going on for 7+ months? This is by no means a "new" issue.

Fixing the small issues are a step in the right direction, especially if the bigger issues are going to take much longer to fix.

But as long as there is the attitude of "Oh well so be it. It's broken and that's that.", we'll continue seeing these problems. I mean really think about it here. The PS3 version of Black Ops was pretty much unplayable. So many people couldn't even get online with it because of how bad it was. Do you think something like that would have ever happened if they were held to a higher standard? No. But because this is "Call of Duty", they know they can half-ass it and see major sales anyway.

"Big Issues" exist because the smaller issues get ignored, and they learn that they don't have to put in as much effort.

Ok I hear what your saying. I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Allthough my experience with this game has never been "pretty much unplayable"
    I've had the game since release date, and to date my biggest and really only issue was the freezes. And that stopped a long time ago. Even with the freezes the game was very much playable. Overall my experience with Black Ops has been a positive one. I have no complaints.
    So i'm not in the same boat as you.

It's hard to say "yes i'm going to put my foot down and not put up with these "issues", " when you really have no complaints. I'm happy with the game. Maybe we experience different things. I don't know.