10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2011 2:02 AM by bloodapathy RSS

Jammer

raphasauer
What is the purpose of the jammer?
How can I use it?
Which map is better to use this equipament?
  • Re: Jammer
    That6uy420p
    jams enemy equipment (claymore, motion sensor, sentry guns..etc) Cuts off enemy baby monitors in its radius, mutes your noises from changing clips and jumping and stuff from the enemy... any map is great to use this equipment.. works wonderful in tandem with Hacker/pro perk.
    MzGalaxyz
    Jammer slows down RC-XD's in the radius, it nullifies any other equipment and the UAV of enemies in the radius as well.
    Jammer is probably the most underrated piece of equipment.  If you run into a problem with a motion sensor camper you can deploy the jammer to shut them down and move in for the kill.  Besides that, it really drives people nuts because they rely on their mini-map red dots so much.
    anoreo
    I believe you don't recieve any callouts. You'll never know you are last alive or B Flag got capped if you rely on your announcer.
    on a somewhat related question: i have only used jammer to acquire some pro perks, but used very little outside of that. I am an experienced player, so i apologize if this sounds noobish, but if a jammer is placed near an enemy objective such as a flag or bomb site, does that disable notification to enemy team when such flag is taken or such bomb site has had bomb planted?
    anoreo

insanity2brilliance wrote:

on a somewhat related question: i have only used jammer to acquire some pro perks, but used very little outside of that. I am an experienced player, so i apologize if this sounds noobish, but if a jammer is placed near an enemy objective such as a flag or bomb site, does that disable notification to enemy team when such flag is taken or such bomb site has had bomb planted?

I believe callouts are disabled, not sure about things like "insanity2brilliance Gunship inbound", but I believe it would since callouts are disabled.
    thanks oreo. i think if i knew more info about it, i may be interested in using it more often.
    rankismet

insanity2brilliance wrote:

Sort of... it will jam the notification (garble it) for anyone on the enemy team in the radius of the jammer... everyone else will hear it clear.
    Jammer > Any other piece of equipment

A jammer's radius for disabling equipment is greater than its radius for disabling/jamming the enemies mini-maps; via theater I saw an enemy place his motion sensor, which was disabled by my jammer, and his mini-map was unaffected. One thing that I am surprised about is that it (doesn't) nullify tactical insertions within range of a jammer. Funny thing is, I still see enemies placing their claymores, etc. within my jammer's radius.

Jammer on Nuketown all day.
    Jammers are useful, and if you are not someone who uses claymores very often, id say this would take its place as the next useful thing, if only for getting around enemy equipment.