1 52 53 54 55 56 Previous Next 570 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2012 5:36 PM by deadcmpr Go to original post RSS
  • 525. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!
    Your origional post was directed at me, and yes it is personal observation. Mostly during UK daytime hours, there is an increase of 1000 - 2000 players generally in Hardcore. Last time I looked (thursday or friday daytime) there were over 9000 players in Hardcore during what is generally the quietest time of the day for gaming which is around 11am UK time.

2 weeks ago those figures were reading 8000 players tops during the same time.

I never took notice of figures playing HQ or CTF to compare them to the new moshpits, but the figures for Hardcore show an increase in my observations.
  • 526. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!
    DEUCE S WILDER

RAN Kismet wrote:

DEUCE S WILDER wrote:

I think he's waiting to see Maccabi reply to my post.

Piece of advice... don't go looking to rile people up... especially Foxy.
    Maccabi is asleep and Foxy will be asleep when/if Macc does respond... it's called an 8 hour or so time difference.
    I would suggest you focus your attention making Elite better... it may have what you want but you're not getting an in-game message for now. Is what it is.
    You may think MHCGM isn't thinking of everyone... I know different... get on Twitter and join the discussion #MOARhardcore is the goal.

First, people say we should’ve been on the forums to give opinions, now you’re recommending I join that STUPID website to discuss what should be discussed and lobbied for on the forum.  You do see the absurdity in this right?
    Second, you’re advising me not to rile up people?  I’m discussing.  I don’t know or care who Foxy is.  I’d like to say the same for Maccabi, but then he posts stuff like this:

Maccabi wrote:

long wait not going to reply , nearly everything you said has been discussed and explained numerous times and most of it again was wrong.
    only thing to add is again mentioned numerous times that i am not the "leader" of mgchm its a collective,

Maccabi wrote:

you know you keep saying the same thing over and over granted by reqording it why not just give up and reqd the answers people give and accept them or better yet read what vahns written.
    at present you come accross as a broken record or a recording of a tired mule

Broken Record or recording of a tired mule? With such sanctimonious drivel being spewed out of his fingers into his keyboard, it’s a good thing he’s not “il duce” of MHCGM – he’s vinegar when he should be honey.
    But then he is fronting himself as the mouthpiece of MHCGM.  Maybe that group/cooperative/collective would be better off if they got him to stop engaging people on the forum mention MNCGM’s name, since he’s starting to make it look bad, by denigrating people and ignoring requests to respond to posts.
    Maccabi – you can’t make yourself the advocate of what’s unpopular and then choose to avoid the anger of people looking for a target.  Welcome to being “a leader” and/or a spokesman kid.
  • 527. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!
    Please bring it back... I too want hc ctf.... If I wanted domination or headquaters I would ask for it... I am wasting so much time joining... Finding out it's not ctf... Then leaving... It makes me wanna sell this game... I might just not play or buy any more maps & just wait for mw3... V v bad decision whoever dreamt this one up in the board room..... FFs bring it back...!,,,
  • 528. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!
    maccabi

DEUCE S WILDER wrote:

RAN Kismet wrote:

DEUCE S WILDER wrote:

I think he's waiting to see Maccabi reply to my post.

Piece of advice... don't go looking to rile people up... especially Foxy.
    Maccabi is asleep and Foxy will be asleep when/if Macc does respond... it's called an 8 hour or so time difference.
    I would suggest you focus your attention making Elite better... it may have what you want but you're not getting an in-game message for now. Is what it is.
    You may think MHCGM isn't thinking of everyone... I know different... get on Twitter and join the discussion #MOARhardcore is the goal.

First, people say we should’ve been on the forums to give opinions, now you’re recommending I join that STUPID website to discuss what should be discussed and lobbied for on the forum.  You do see the absurdity in this right?
    Second, you’re advising me not to rile up people?  I’m discussing.  I don’t know or care who Foxy is.  I’d like to say the same for Maccabi, but then he posts stuff like this:

Maccabi wrote:

long wait not going to reply , nearly everything you said has been discussed and explained numerous times and most of it again was wrong.
    only thing to add is again mentioned numerous times that i am not the "leader" of mgchm its a collective,

Maccabi wrote:

you know you keep saying the same thing over and over granted by reqording it why not just give up and reqd the answers people give and accept them or better yet read what vahns written.
    at present you come accross as a broken record or a recording of a tired mule

Broken Record or recording of a tired mule? With such sanctimonious drivel being spewed out of his fingers into his keyboard, it’s a good thing he’s not “il duce” of MHCGM – he’s vinegar when he should be honey.
    But then he is fronting himself as the mouthpiece of MHCGM.  Maybe that group/cooperative/collective would be better off if they got him to stop engaging people on the forum mention MNCGM’s name, since he’s starting to make it look bad, by denigrating people and ignoring requests to respond to posts.
    Maccabi – you can’t make yourself the advocate of what’s unpopular and then choose to avoid the anger of people looking for a target.  Welcome to being “a leader” and/or a spokesman kid.

tried honey didnt work, them the sort of demographic you represent appeared and got fed up repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again as people like yourself cant be bothered to read other threads and continually post the same tired beaten to death arguement.

and nice out of context quoting to prove a flawed point.

as to what you said to ran..news flash mw3 doesnt have a forum only point of contact we have to campaign for full hc playlists is twitter....method in madness

if your that bothered once im off the hammock and not on phone i could.reply to your pointless other post. but youll only disagree when facts are presented so its a waste of time

beat advice press search enter vahn into the field read...
  • 529. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!
    trialstardragon

RAN Kismet wrote:

TrialStarDragon wrote:

LOL..

So, was that to describe how a reader should feel about your post or are you just particularly happy? Couldn't tell.

Cheers.

Cute Ran, sad attempt but cute none the less.

No was just me laughing out loud about all the complaints that the update caused. Both me and my girlfriend thought it was funny. It was predictable you realize. Can not keep all gamers happy. And most game developers have a habbit of doing just that, not keeping gamers happy by making changes to suit one group over another.

Like when a weapon is nerfed beacuse a small amount of players voice their complaints about it being OP. Or when a game mode gets changed around because a small group voice how they dont like certain aspects about it.

It doesnt affect me though. I can play in either list and do well. Hardcore is no different then Core to me. Just less shots to kill or die, nothing else. Since I dont rely on the radar to play, nor do I need the hud to tell me how much ammo I have left or what KSR I have available. or how many tac or leathal grendades I have left.

And I dont really have a favorite game mode, I can play any of them with little need to change how I play. So the update does not affect me.

I just find it funny how may are complaining about it, and how those and mhcgm may or may not have thought about the reprecussions of such changes. And how 3arc didnt think to add it to the ticker that they were thinking about chaing the game mode and players should come to the forums to express their views on the changes being suggested.

Most players I play with had no idea it was going to happen, and a few were upset about it, others didnt care about it; but none knew about it until I told them. For the total number of players that comes to the forums or on twitter or facebook is so small in comparisson to those that play the game.

3arc should consider to add it to the daily message or the ticker when every they are going to make changes like this in the future, so more players are at least aware of it and could voice their feelings on it.

And anyone saying that they knew the site was here and by not coming here it is their fault; that it just a poor excuse to validate the change with out having to take accountability for how it would affect many players. Besides the fact that most true gamers do not feel the need to come to a site unless something is wrong. And many do not know the site is here, for not all new players know that theire is a site for the game. Nor do many of them use twitter or facebook, shocking revelation eh? Not everyone cares about or uses twitter or facebook. So trying to say its their own fault about not knowing is just a lame excuse and 3arc knows this but does not care becuase they dont have too.

Did those at mhcgm ever consider when playing in pub matches to mention about these changes and that players should come to the site to voice their view on it. Maybe, I dont know. but I bet if more knew there would have been more disccussion about it and it would of took longer to do for having more problems about tyring to keep all happy or at least appeased to some extent.

Quite simpe to get a change passed through when less know about it and then later claim it is their fault for not knowing.
  • 530. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!
    maccabi

TrialStarDragon wrote:

RAN Kismet wrote:

TrialStarDragon wrote:

LOL..

So, was that to describe how a reader should feel about your post or are you just particularly happy? Couldn't tell.

Cheers.

Cute Ran, sad attempt but cute none the less.

No was just me laughing out loud about all the complaints that the update caused. Both me and my girlfriend thought it was funny. It was predictable you realize. Can not keep all gamers happy. And most game developers have a habbit of doing just that, not keeping gamers happy by making changes to suit one group over another.

Like when a weapon is nerfed beacuse a small amount of players voice their complaints about it being OP. Or when a game mode gets changed around because a small group voice how they dont like certain aspects about it.

It doesnt affect me though. I can play in either list and do well. Hardcore is no different then Core to me. Just less shots to kill or die, nothing else. Since I dont rely on the radar to play, nor do I need the hud to tell me how much ammo I have left or what KSR I have available. or how many tac or leathal grendades I have left.

And I dont really have a favorite game mode, I can play any of them with little need to change how I play. So the update does not affect me.

I just find it funny how may are complaining about it, and how those and mhcgm may or may not have thought about the reprecussions of such changes. And how 3arc didnt think to add it to the ticker that they were thinking about chaing the game mode and players should come to the forums to express their views on the changes being suggested.

Most players I play with had no idea it was going to happen, and a few were upset about it, others didnt care about it; but none knew about it until I told them. For the total number of players that comes to the forums or on twitter or facebook is so small in comparisson to those that play the game.

3arc should consider to add it to the daily message or the ticker when every they are going to make changes like this in the future, so more players are at least aware of it and could voice their feelings on it.

And anyone saying that they knew the site was here and by not coming here it is their fault; that it just a poor excuse to validate the change with out having to take accountability for how it would affect many players. Besides the fact that most true gamers do not feel the need to come to a site unless something is wrong. And many do not know the site is here, for not all new players know that theire is a site for the game. Nor do many of them use twitter or facebook, shocking revelation eh? Not everyone cares about or uses twitter or facebook. So trying to say its their own fault about not knowing is just a lame excuse and 3arc knows this but does not care becuase they dont have too.

Did those at mhcgm ever consider when playing in pub matches to mention about these changes and that players should come to the site to voice their view on it. Maybe, I dont know. but I bet if more knew there would have been more disccussion about it and it would of took longer to do for having more problems about tyring to keep all happy or at least appeased to some extent.

Quite simpe to get a change passed through when less know about it and then later claim it is their fault for not knowing.

tsd you know what you remind me of that kid at the back of the playground who chants fight fight fight
  • 531. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!
    trialstardragon

That6uy420p wrote:

bigslam726 wrote:

I figured it might be something like that. But, let me tell ya', the guy that started this thread is dead right. 3arc has made a huge underestimation of the amount of online players who are dedicated and competitive HC CTF patrons; almost exclusively. The one thing I think 3arc may stand to lose the most is $$$ on the DLC pack. Almost all of the players on my friends list feel completely alienated and see no reason to BUY the new maps if the are no more dedicated HC CTF playlists. If 3arc doesn't catch on soon and restore it, they stand to lose a ton of profit. I'm not exagerating at all when I say that quite a few of the players I game with are done with t he game, because 3arc's Black Ops now has nothing to offer them but "headaches" trying to play the only mode they bought the game for. Pass it on... Thanks!

you are exaggerating though.... the numbers don't lie here...  TA has the numbers and did the research.  Your "quite a few players" is just that.. a few players.  In the large scheme of things... your playlist(s) had the SMALLEST population of the hardcore section.  BTW unless they bought the game long after it came out....... they didn't buy the game for this game mode... why?  Because it didn't exist

Actually many people probaably did buy the game just for those game modes. They didnt buy it when it came out but waited to see if those modes would be added as has been done in previous titles. And when they were decided to buy the game. What a shocking revelation eh? Not everyone buys a game for the rest of the game; but maybe just for a certain game mode or playlist. Perhaps many that bought the game would not have done so if those modes were never there. Only they the consumer who bought the game really know that answer and no amount of speculations by developers or anyone else really matters on that particular part of this topic.
  • 532. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!
    trialstardragon

Maccabi wrote:

tsd you know what you remind me of that kid at the back of the playground who chants fight fight fight

Why because I speak the obvious truth on some subjects that is not wanted to be seen or heard. You and the rest of mhcgm should of realized that there would be a lot of distate for the changes being implemented and that it would not be as openly or readily accepted as was thought or hoped for regardless of the reasons behind it. And that it would cause a backlash greater then expected by new members that came to the forums to voice their view on the change after it happened.

Had there been a greater knowledge of the impending change more may have come here or else where and complained and thus caused 3arc to slow down and reconsider the changes they were about to make and how it would affect other players. But for anyone of the forum regulars to come here and then defend the change by saying its your own fault for not knowing before hand is just arrogant and asumptious that everyone that plays a video game checks the forums of said game for any upcoming changes. Most players do not do so and this is a fact that most developers know and use to their advantage when making changes. So they can use the excuse we posted on the forums about it.. not out fault you didnt come and see and respond about it.

When they have an ingame ticker and a daily message area that they could have added the note about the upcoming changes.. it practially shows they didnt want too many to know about it at first. So they would not have to deal with too many complaints about it beforehand. A simple exercise in common sense could have been applied but was not. So now those that discovered the change and didnt like it are now coming and ranting about it. Just as the mhcgm crew ranted about there not being enough hc game modes until it was changed to something closer to how they wanted.

Those complaing about the change are doing just the same. voiceing their view on the subject and how they feel it was unjustly done. To try and tell them it is not and was justly done would be tantamout if 3arc decided to just completely remove hc and tell everyone to just deal with it. No one would.. mass amounts of players would come and complain. There is no difference.  The end results do not always justify the means of how it was accomplished regardless of the intentions behind the actions. This is a simple fact of life.

It would be just about the same as if the government of the country that the players live in suddenly decide to out law online gaming because it causes to much violence in society in general. Gamers would not stand for that either, even if the governmeant said.. hey we posted about it on a  website stating our choice and why it was being done.
  • 533. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!
    Be careful TrialStarDragon - one day you may fall off that fence of retrospectiveness that you preach from, and I feel the penetration related injuries you will receive may scar you for life
  • 534. Re: I want HC CTF!!!!!!

Angry Meerkat wrote:

Be careful TrialStarDragon - one day you may fall off that fence of retrospectiveness that you preach from, and I feel the penetration related injuries you will receive may scar you for life

I thought both his posts above were very well written.  Im failing to grasp what you are implying by your post though.

Pat on the back to you TSD.
1 52 53 54 55 56 Previous Next