11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2011 8:42 PM by nitef RSS

New HD tv 32 inch sensitivity problem

Ash L
I used to have 18 inch Tv.
I just got a new TV and the past 5 hours I've been trying to get back into CoD.

With this new TV the sensitivity is extremely sensitive. I have tried nearly every combination of settings.

I have changed the safe area of the screen, no prevail.
I have changed the display modes via Xbox dashboard and tried both "Normal" and Widescreen.
I have tried all sensitivities 1-10 now.

It's not that the sensitivity is too fast or too slow, it's just that once I invest in locking onto a target, I can barely move the sight.

I aim and I zoom the the right of an enemy, the enemy will obviously be moving around and as I try to shoot in his direction it's nearly impossible due to the moving time after investing in the first sight.

I aim and zoom to the center of an enemy and get a hitmarker, then the character moves and because of the abnormal speed of my aim down sight I fail to hit him again.

My only option is to zig zag my shot and hope I get a kill.

The tv is a 32" LED.

Please help me, I've tried almost everything. Please if there is anything you know, help thanks.
  • Re: New HD tv 32 inch sensitivity problem
    cranium2001
    Did you get an HDMI, or have an HDMI cable? You need to go into settings on your xbox and make sure it's set to HDMI output (if that's what you're using). If you aren't, you should. Search youtube if you still can't get it. Is your T.V. set to gaming mode?
    Ash L
    I use the component cables man its the same as hdmi. My aim is so messed up man this is stupid..
    It sounds like you have aim assist turned off, or you never let yourself get used to a sensitivity.
    FERRARI_250
    At first, I really didn't know what you're talking about, but it started sounding like video lag, but you're using the component cables.

So, I believe it's this:

Angatar wrote:

It sounds like you have aim assist turned off, or you never let yourself get used to a sensitivity.

I tried no aim assist awhile back, and I was rather atrocious (SP?). I flipped it back on and did rather well. Also, try to stick to one sensitivity level and get used to it.
    codchamp
    See if you have a game mode setting on your tv. If so turn it on. If not you just need to get use to playing on a bigger screen.
    Its a lot different playing on a bigger TV.  Your going to have to get use to it.  I have a 42in and a 20in and do much better on the 20in.  Don't know why, it just seems easier on a smaller TV.

BEERxMAN wrote:

Its a lot different playing on a bigger TV.  Your going to have to get use to it.  I have a 42in and a 20in and do much better on the 20in.  Don't know why, it just seems easier on a smaller TV.

It's because your eye doesn't need to move around as much, and you can probably focus on everything in view instead of portion of it.
    DoubleB--
    Also, make sure your video settings on the Xbox are set to 720p or whatever quality you are using. My friend got a new TV, but it was set to 480p instead of 720p and it was very laggy.
    When you use a bigger TV for the first time, your brain tricks you into thinking you need to move further than you do, which results in spraying wildly anywhere other than where the target actually is. Really, you need to spend a good full day playing before you will get your aim back. The problem is that the moment you go back to your original screen you'll be fine with that, and crap with the larger tv. I hear this from everyone who uses 2 diff screens for cod. I primarily use a 27" screen, i have a 47" but i struggle with that for a good 4 =5  hours.

Ash L wrote:

I use the component cables man its the same as hdmi. My aim is so messed up man this is stupid..

Components aren't the same, but they shouldn't mess with your aim in anyway. HDMI will make the screen more crisp, and the colors more separate from one another, not to mention, more color.

You need more time with the T.V, give it a few days, maybe a couple weeks and your game will improve dramatically.
    Most new HD TVs have a game mode. Use it. It reduces the smoothing effect built in to make reguular signals look less like ass. Next have you moved yourself further away from the TV. Moving from an 18 to 32 inch screen you should sit almost twice as far away. Alot of folks reccomend 2.5 times your screen width for optimum viewing without pixelizing. This plus allowing yourself time to get used to the size of the screen should help.