7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2011 12:39 PM by FrenchNavy123 RSS

Zombie Custom Maps

FrenchNavy123
Does anyone know why these maps aren't on the consoles? I'm an xbox player but I know PS3 has Little Big Planet where you can make your own stuff and then put them up on PSN. There should be a feature like that.
  • Re: Zombie Custom Maps
    hitechsquirrel
    Since Treyarch says they listen to the community, i will add my insight here. The game developer that has the most involvement from the community would be Bungie. the reasons for this are endless, yet they included a feature like you are talking about in halo 3 and reach to build your own maps and share them with the community. Not only does that take the experiences to whole new levels, with new gametypes and fan created spaces, but it adds to the playability of the game. Treyarch understand this; A feature like forge for zombies and multiplayer would not only lend itself to the replayability and longevity of the game itselft, but it would also make the game much more valuable to the community that helped you mold it. A developer that listens to its fans is an asset to the fan. Fans are ultimately what drive you to make games. Its win-win.
    FrenchNavy123

hitechsquirrel wrote:

Since Treyarch says they listen to the community, i will add my insight here. The game developer that has the most involvement from the community would be Bungie. the reasons for this are endless, yet they included a feature like you are talking about in halo 3 and reach to build your own maps and share them with the community. Not only does that take the experiences to whole new levels, with new gametypes and fan created spaces, but it adds to the playability of the game. Treyarch understand this; A feature like forge for zombies and multiplayer would not only lend itself to the replayability and longevity of the game itselft, but it would also make the game much more valuable to the community that helped you mold it. A developer that listens to its fans is an asset to the fan. Fans are ultimately what drive you to make games. Its win-win.

Agreed. And now since Black Ops prime time is about to end (meaning the grand majority will be playing MW3 in a couple of months), it'd be nice of Treyarch to add this in. I know the PC has it's own mod tools for MP but not zombies yet. Perhaps in fear that someone will copy one of their maps? Who knows but it'd be nice to see mods on the consoles.
    mfoster11
    ive seen alot of custom zombie map gameplay  on youtube. every single map looked badass. they got more power-ups and lots of diff kinds of weapons. and a **** load more zombies 2.. im all about some custom maps on ps3...
    SmallFace
    Be nice if they could just release a blops radiant on the pc.
    I have the ps3 version and the pc version. personally Im not sure it could work to well on consoles unless you can add custom models (like thats ever going to happen). not that Im against it or anything like that just pc is far better for this sort of thing with less effort from the devs and they still wont do it, so no hope for the consoles.
    wont be buying the next treyarch cod twice after their false hope this time!

capitalism kills everything thats good. as soon as something gets popular the money men get interested and **** its soul. music films and games
    peter110

SmallFace wrote:

I have the ps3 version and the pc version. personally Im not sure it could work to well on consoles unless you can add custom models (like thats ever going to happen). not that Im against it or anything like that just pc is far better for this sort of thing with less effort from the devs and they still wont do it, so no hope for the consoles.

capitalism kills everything thats good. as soon as something gets popular the money men get interested and **** its soul. music films and games

if     Zombie Custom Maps were added into the game no one would buy the map packs (zombie only players)  they would lose money so i can;t see it ever happening
    SmallFace

peter110 wrote:

SmallFace wrote:

if     Zombie Custom Maps were added into the game no one would buy the map packs (zombie only players)  they would lose money so i can;t see it ever happening

yea, thats a misconception and exactly what I meant by money men taking over.
    FrenchNavy123

SmallFace wrote:

peter110 wrote:

SmallFace wrote:

yea, thats a misconception and exactly what I meant by money men taking over.

Zombie players would still buy the map packs for the storyline and you could also see the crazy creations people would come up with. Actually it's a win-win because people could create their own maps based on what they'd like to see. At the same time Treyarch could ignore the kids screaming for a boss (George?) and for more outlandish stuff that they feel compelled to put in.

I agree with SmallFace here.