32 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2011 6:06 AM by baldage RSS

black ops is the best cod

fifagod
my black ops disc broke and i couldn't play bo for 2 weeks. i went back to mw2 and now i truly appreciate black ops. i missed a lot of the perks and not having dealing with air support 24/7. give me a lobby full of ghost 2nd chance users and ill gladly take that over mw2 anyday of the week. now with bo being %50 off  on xbl market im going to purchase it when my mom comes home. best cod by a distance.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    Hahaha lag.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    slap1i
    Contact Activision for broken disk replacement.  They'll send you a new one for $20.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    otisman666

    SLAP 1I wrote:

     

    Contact Activision for broken disk replacement.  They'll send you a new one for $20.



    Correction, $5.  If you paid $20 you got ripped off.  Google "One of Swords" and contact him.  I had Blur (another Activ game) replaced for $5 just a few months ago.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    MTVGetOffTheAir
    Why does this remind me so much of Kim Jong-Il's quote "North Korea is best Korea"?

    Back on topic BLOPS was my first online shooter since Halo 2 on the original box. I own W@W and my MW2 broke, but those came after. I can't say because I didn't play those games at the height of their popularity(meaning without hacks) but I think BLOPS is the best.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    yates435

    MTVGetOffTheAir wrote:

     

    Why does this remind me so much of Kim Jong-Il's quote "North Korea is best Korea"?

    Back on topic BLOPS was my first online shooter since Halo 2 on the original box. I own W@W and my MW2 broke, but those came after. I can't say because I didn't play those games at the height of their popularity(meaning without hacks) but I think BLOPS is the best.



    I played some Mw2 last night, for the first time in a while. I'll take Ghost(Which I use) and SC users over OMA-DC-Commando anyday.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    Sam w1L
    OMA Danger close tubing ruined MW2, but untill that happend it was by far the most enjoyable cod, atleast for me.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    rankismet

    Sam w1L wrote:

     

    OMA Danger close tubing ruined MW2, but untill that happend it was by far the most enjoyable cod, atleast for me.



    Put my own spin on your quote:

    • OMA Danger close tubing wasn't used in HC MW2 but it was by far the most hacked and poorly supported cod, at least for me.


    BO is solid... has serious latency issues but is by far the best supported release to date.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    ICONOCLASTIC
    To piggyback Ran's reply and add to it; I believe after MW3 releases, we will see quite a few people returning to BLOPS. I have been "forcing" myself as of late to play MW2 (in preparation for MW3), and everytime I end up going back to the "soon to be old" 3ARC product after only a couple of games. Yes, in my opinion I feel Infinity Ward games run smoother and BLOPS sometimes just feels a little off; however the amount of balance and support Treyarch has devoted to this game make it the best COD....period.

    This BLOPS journey isn't over yet. And I would not throw it out on November 8th either; I have a feeling BLOPS will see a population influx come November 9th....

    Oh yes, "the day after." BLOPS lives on.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    baldage
    Really? I think COD 4 is best cod by a long shot. Blops is good, a definite improvement on MW2 but COD 4 is what made this series, and neither developer has been able to replicate that feel again. (Although even further purists will tell you cod 2 is the best but I never played that one...).

    All it needed was host migration and frags nerfed and it would have been perfect. My biggest issue with what the cod series has become is the maps. Too many garbage maps full of corners. Simple maps = run around maps for many more players = fun maps. My second biggest issue is the rising importance of killstreaks. These are the main culprits for the rise in corner campers. (Oops don't forget the loss of stopping power & Jugg in the Ghost tier)

    IW has stated that they wanted a return to faster action and less emphasis on killstreaks so maybe we'll get something good.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod

    fifagod wrote:

     

    my black ops disc broke and i couldn't play bo for 2 weeks. i went back to mw2 and now i truly appreciate black ops. i missed a lot of the perks and not having dealing with air support 24/7. give me a lobby full of ghost 2nd chance users and ill gladly take that over mw2 anyday of the week. now with bo being %50 off  on xbl market im going to purchase it when my mom comes home. best cod by a distance.



    Uhh... no.

    Are you having trouble with Air Support 24/7? SHOOT IT DOWN!!! I would be about five levels lower than I am now if I never shot down choppers.

    You hate DC/OMA toobers? There actually aren't a lot. Why? IT'S BORING. I tried it to get the shotgun attachment, and it's just stupid no fun at all.

    You hate commando? Well, at least MW2 needs a perk to have OP knifing.

    There are hundreds of reasons why MW2 is better than Black Ops. Maybe I'll start a list of 100 reasons why Black Ops sucks to make it clear. You obviously still have the Treyarch Brain Dart in your forehead.

    http://community.callofduty.com/message/105790512#105790512
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    MTVGetOffTheAir

    baldage wrote:

     

    Really? I think COD 4 is best cod by a long shot. Blops is good, a definite improvement on MW2 but COD 4 is what made this series, and neither developer has been able to replicate that feel again. (Although even further purists will tell you cod 2 is the best but I never played that one...).

    All it needed was host migration and frags nerfed and it would have been perfect. My biggest issue with what the cod series has become is the maps. Too many garbage maps full of corners. Simple maps = run around maps for many more players = fun maps. My second biggest issue is the rising importance of killstreaks. These are the main culprits for the rise in corner campers. (Oops don't forget the loss of stopping power & Jugg in the Ghost tier)

    IW has stated that they wanted a return to faster action and less emphasis on killstreaks so maybe we'll get something good.



    I do not own COD4, but I've played it at a friends before and liked it, but didn't love it. I hated the fact that there was a Stopping Power period, it made snipers really tough to use, and made AR's also tough to use. There was alot less perk diversity (people will disagree and say everyone uses ghost, not true, however in COD4/MW2 most people used SP), and I find that BLOPS is the most balanced CoD while not sacrificing the fact that you can customize your classes and customize killstreaks.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    Black Ops is better than MW2, yes. However, it is far from the best CoD game. IMO that title goes to CoD2 or WaW, those are the two that I've enjoyed the most. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love BO, but that is really only because it is the popular game right now. If MW3 is any good at all, I'll most likely never look back at BO.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    AbsolutelySoBeast
    Selkies, I played with you the other night, and you dashboarded right at the end, your team had lost and I went 35 and 30 getting that tough win and you dashboarded. Im sure you remember because I sent you a message afterward and called you on it. Amateurs.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    TrueTragic
    I would have to agree with the topic.  Black Ops is the best Call of Duty so far.  I am not saying this because Black Ops is my first Call of Duty.  I have Call of Duty 4 and played Modern Warfare 2.  I am not too crazy about either.  Black Ops has its issues.  But what game doesn't?  In my case, my dislikes regarding Black Ops are really general.  What I mean by that last sentence is these are really dislikes I have in general about the genre or general dislikes I have toward the online experience.  Laggy matches and crappy teammates are not really mine or anybody else's fault.  I get lag and crappy teammates on other games as well.  I look at lag and crappy teammates as something to be expected in an online shooter.  I suspect this can apply to other genres as well.  It is just to general to warrant Black Ops with a crappy label.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod

    AbsolutelySoBeast wrote:

     

    Selkies, I played with you the other night, and you dashboarded right at the end, your team had lost and I went 35 and 30 getting that tough win and you dashboarded. Im sure you remember because I sent you a message afterward and called you on it. Amateurs.


    Who are you and what game is this you are talking about?
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    I agree on everything you said, Black Ops is the best by far. Treyarch is such a better company than Infinity Ward. There was more patches and updates released for Black Ops in the first 3 months of it being on the market than Infinity Ward has released in the entirety of Modded WarFail 2. Hate to say for all you Treyarch haters out there, they are the better company all over the board.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    AnthonyPunishes
    Just curious. You guys think maybe the whole split with infinity ward and activision played a role in the lack of updates and assistance in mw2 (sry for hijacking ur post sry for off topic) just curious.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    ICONOCLASTIC

    Anthony Punishes wrote:

     

    Just curious. You guys think maybe the whole split with infinity ward and activision played a role in the lack of updates and assistance in mw2 (sry for hijacking ur post sry for off topic) just curious.



    Perhaps it did. I believe the point you just made has been talked about in an article I read about Respawn Entertainment (formerly IW); regardless you bring up a relevant point.

    Continuing on though, EVEN if the split did create less support...BLOPS seemed to be more balanced than MW2 even at it's launch before any patches. In my opinion MW2 offered a lot of content without much thought considering balanced, effective gameplay. I will go as far as to even bring up another issue. Guns, guns, guns. The BLOPS guns seem to have better sound than any of IW''s COD's.

    For me, BLOPS restored a lot of credibility to the COD series. Rival FPS gamers would use MW2 hacks and tubing as a platform to insult the COD community. When BLOPS launched, 3ARCH kept their game clean and by doing so kept the other FPS "haters" at bay.

    In the end of course, it's opinion vs opinion.....
  • Re: black ops is the best cod

    RAN Kismet wrote:

     

    Sam w1L wrote:

     

    OMA Danger close tubing ruined MW2, but untill that happend it was by far the most enjoyable cod, atleast for me.



    Put my own spin on your quote:

    • OMA Danger close tubing wasn't used in HC MW2 but it was by far the most hacked and poorly supported cod, at least for me.


    BO is solid... has serious latency issues but is by far the best supported release to date.



    It's too bad that the latency issues completely overshadow every good aspect of the game.

    You can have the most balanced, enjoyable game in the world, and it can have great developer support, but if it suffers from connectivity issues like these, what good is it?
  • Re: black ops is the best cod

    ICONOCLASTIC wrote:

     

    Anthony Punishes wrote:

     

    Just curious. You guys think maybe the whole split with infinity ward and activision played a role in the lack of updates and assistance in mw2 (sry for hijacking ur post sry for off topic) just curious.



    Perhaps it did. I believe the point you just made has been talked about in an article I read about Respawn Entertainment (formerly IW); regardless you bring up a relevant point.

    Continuing on though, EVEN if the split did create less support...BLOPS seemed to be more balanced than MW2 even at it's launch before any patches. In my opinion MW2 offered a lot of content without much thought considering balanced, effective gameplay. I will go as far as to even bring up another issue. Guns, guns, guns. The BLOPS guns seem to have better sound than any of IW''s COD's.

    For me, BLOPS restored a lot of credibility to the COD series. Rival FPS gamers would use MW2 hacks and tubing as a platform to insult the COD community. When BLOPS launched, 3ARCH kept their game clean and by doing so kept the other FPS "haters" at bay.

    In the end of course, it's opinion vs opinion.....



    Every CoD has horrible gun sounds, and Black Ops is certainly no exception.

    No matter how much I like the series, I will say, the gun sounds are terrible.

    The Halo: Reach gun sounds destroy any CoD gun noises.

    Reach's AR sounds like a REAL gun.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    ICONOCLASTIC

    CODMIKEYEP wrote:

     

    ICONOCLASTIC wrote:

     

    Anthony Punishes wrote:

     

    Just curious. You guys think maybe the whole split with infinity ward and activision played a role in the lack of updates and assistance in mw2 (sry for hijacking ur post sry for off topic) just curious.



    Perhaps it did. I believe the point you just made has been talked about in an article I read about Respawn Entertainment (formerly IW); regardless you bring up a relevant point.

    Continuing on though, EVEN if the split did create less support...BLOPS seemed to be more balanced than MW2 even at it's launch before any patches. In my opinion MW2 offered a lot of content without much thought considering balanced, effective gameplay. I will go as far as to even bring up another issue. Guns, guns, guns. The BLOPS guns seem to have better sound than any of IW''s COD's.

    For me, BLOPS restored a lot of credibility to the COD series. Rival FPS gamers would use MW2 hacks and tubing as a platform to insult the COD community. When BLOPS launched, 3ARCH kept their game clean and by doing so kept the other FPS "haters" at bay.

    In the end of course, it's opinion vs opinion.....



    Every CoD has horrible gun sounds, and Black Ops is certainly no exception.

    No matter how much I like the series, I will say, the gun sounds are terrible.

    The Halo: Reach gun sounds destroy any CoD gun noises.

    Reach's AR sounds like a REAL gun.



    HALO's guns may sound better than BLOPS; but within the COD series ITSELF I like the BLOPS guns the most. In the other COD games the guns seemed to be a very quiet tap tap noise. BLOPS I guess raised the audibles quite a bit.

    As I stated earlier, just opinions....
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    macfart
    but its network code is the worst!!
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    Black Ops is the best CallofDuty game hands down .

    I just enjoy the movement and the gameplay .

    Yeah it has lag issues (which game doesn't ? MW2 is worse imo) but I still enjoy playing it .

    And Halo is a geek game played by a bunch of wack kids who are still into aliens starting wars lololol .

    Call of Duty > any other game

    Military plus killing owns .
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    macfart
    But the Network Code is the WORST EVER.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    ICONOCLASTIC

    Punisher 2011 wrote:

     

    Black Ops is the best CallofDuty game hands down .

    I just enjoy the movement and the gameplay .

    Yeah it has lag issues (which game doesn't ? MW2 is worse imo) but I still enjoy playing it .

    And Halo is a geek game played by a bunch of wack kids who are still into aliens starting wars lololol .

    Call of Duty > any other game

    Military plus killing owns .



    Whether it's admitted or not; I and most other COD gamers agree with your statement completely.

    I believe the record sales speaks volumes also.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    macfart
    The record sales were in the first few weeks, before there were any problems, my problems started 3 weeks in, around the first update.

    THIS is why i am certain it can be fixed. In the first few weeks it played like glass. It was great, and ive been chasing the dragon so to speak to get that same high ever since!!!
  • Re: black ops is the best cod

    fifagod wrote:

     

    my black ops disc broke and i couldn't play bo for 2 weeks. i went back to mw2 and now i truly appreciate black ops. i missed a lot of the perks and not having dealing with air support 24/7. give me a lobby full of ghost 2nd chance users and ill gladly take that over mw2 anyday of the week. now with bo being %50 off  on xbl market im going to purchase it when my mom comes home. best cod by a distance.



    Dream on dude, its the worst of the modern (not ww2) cods and will lose all players when this comes,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnHiSsnZ-XY&feature=player_embedded     
  • Re: black ops is the best cod

    WINdiana Jones wrote:

     

    fifagod wrote:

     

    my black ops disc broke and i couldn't play bo for 2 weeks. i went back to mw2 and now i truly appreciate black ops. i missed a lot of the perks and not having dealing with air support 24/7. give me a lobby full of ghost 2nd chance users and ill gladly take that over mw2 anyday of the week. now with bo being %50 off  on xbl market im going to purchase it when my mom comes home. best cod by a distance.



    Dream on dude, its the worst of the modern (not ww2) cods and will lose all players when this comes,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnHiSsnZ-XY&feature=player_embedded     



    I think each game had their ups and downs. Mw2 was a shXt storm of modded controllers and 10th prestige lobbies. It had major glitches even 7 months after its release. Boosting lobbies all over the place. HACKED lobbies. Players camping for nukes in EVERY game. The one thing they had over Black Ops is the maps, in my opinion.

    Having said that, Black Ops lags for me more than Mw2. Zombies lags for me even more. I can't find more than 12 games at a given time when 20k people are playing that game mode. Yes- my nat is open and I have default selected. That's a joke- i've experimented with it and have gotten the same matches no matter which one is selected.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    The people who say Blops is the best cod yet must be either
    1; on some sort of drug
    2; have mega internet that costs the world
    3; have not played MW2 when it wasnt hacked and at its best...
    4; are brain-washed with all the hype...

    Blops has turned out to be the worst cod title yet!
    It hasnt even been hacked yet and its bloody awful!...
    Bullets contact with fluke, people appear right in front of you and stab you, sometimes it doesnt tell you the flag has been taken (no jammer), people leave the game all the time and make it even more laggy, it lags and skips alot of the time, constant host migration, terrible match making..campers galore!, kill hoes in objective games and the worst stat system ever created which you can fix by dashboarding!

    ITS TRULY AWFUL NOW! and I honestly cant believe there are so many fans!

    Someone else said that cod 2 was maybe even the best and I can see why...It never had serious issues and was still enjoyable!
    To me MW2 was bloody fantastic and I never experinced hackers of whatever...plus it ALWAYS ran super smooth..
  • Re: black ops is the best cod

    CODMIKEYEP wrote:

     

    ICONOCLASTIC wrote:

     

    Anthony Punishes wrote:

     

    Just curious. You guys think maybe the whole split with infinity ward and activision played a role in the lack of updates and assistance in mw2 (sry for hijacking ur post sry for off topic) just curious.



    Perhaps it did. I believe the point you just made has been talked about in an article I read about Respawn Entertainment (formerly IW); regardless you bring up a relevant point.

    Continuing on though, EVEN if the split did create less support...BLOPS seemed to be more balanced than MW2 even at it's launch before any patches. In my opinion MW2 offered a lot of content without much thought considering balanced, effective gameplay. I will go as far as to even bring up another issue. Guns, guns, guns. The BLOPS guns seem to have better sound than any of IW''s COD's.

    For me, BLOPS restored a lot of credibility to the COD series. Rival FPS gamers would use MW2 hacks and tubing as a platform to insult the COD community. When BLOPS launched, 3ARCH kept their game clean and by doing so kept the other FPS "haters" at bay.

    In the end of course, it's opinion vs opinion.....



    Every CoD has horrible gun sounds, and Black Ops is certainly no exception.

    No matter how much I like the series, I will say, the gun sounds are terrible.

    The Halo: Reach gun sounds destroy any CoD gun noises.

    Reach's AR sounds like a REAL gun.



    Just curious, why do you come on here?
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    Maybe the best supported, but definitely not the best CoD.
  • Re: black ops is the best cod
    baldage

    MTVGetOffTheAir wrote:

     

    baldage wrote:

     

    Really? I think COD 4 is best cod by a long shot. Blops is good, a definite improvement on MW2 but COD 4 is what made this series, and neither developer has been able to replicate that feel again. (Although even further purists will tell you cod 2 is the best but I never played that one...).

    All it needed was host migration and frags nerfed and it would have been perfect. My biggest issue with what the cod series has become is the maps. Too many garbage maps full of corners. Simple maps = run around maps for many more players = fun maps. My second biggest issue is the rising importance of killstreaks. These are the main culprits for the rise in corner campers. (Oops don't forget the loss of stopping power & Jugg in the Ghost tier)

    IW has stated that they wanted a return to faster action and less emphasis on killstreaks so maybe we'll get something good.



    I do not own COD4, but I've played it at a friends before and liked it, but didn't love it. I hated the fact that there was a Stopping Power period, it made snipers really tough to use, and made AR's also tough to use. There was alot less perk diversity (people will disagree and say everyone uses ghost, not true, however in COD4/MW2 most people used SP), and I find that BLOPS is the most balanced CoD while not sacrificing the fact that you can customize your classes and customize killstreaks.



    Well I guess you didn't try the M40A3  . Sniping was a 100X better on Cod 4, no argument... AR's hard to use? Ummm no AR's ruled COD 4 just like blops. M16 has never been the same since and AK-47 was better too. Mp5 has never been as good as it was then either.

    You didnt play it in it's hayday. When you're already accustomed to newer cod's you're not going to get the same experience. There's a reason why when old cod 4 players get sick of the new cod they go back to cod 4 and not any other game. Because its timeless.