4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2011 11:31 AM by fivexl5 RSS

Question about DLC transfer

Ok I didnt know where to get an answer any where on the net so I will post here. I wanted to sell my PS3 and switch to XBOX to get the new MW3 XBOX bundle package but I have one question. If I give my ps3 to my nephew and take off my gamertag off my ps3 will he be able to play the dlc's i have saved on the hard drive or will they have to purchase it again. Or will i have to leave my gamertag on it so they can play it but i would rather not leave my gamertag on the ps3 if i purchase a new one too. Any help would be greatly appreciated and again I only posted here because i couldnt get any good answers on the web and what better place to post than call of duty.
  • Re: Question about DLC transfer
    Snipingdbag
    Just change / block your pass for online play, if your main account isn't activated he can't play dcl, unless he buys & downloads it again on his account. If you get a new ps3, you can transfer your old account there too & play it online with your pass.

Lt.FatMaKo wrote:

Ok I didnt know where to get an answer any where on the net so I will post here. I wanted to sell my PS3 and switch to XBOX to get the new MW3 XBOX bundle package but I have one question. If I give my ps3 to my nephew and take off my gamertag off my ps3 will he be able to play the dlc's i have saved on the hard drive or will they have to purchase it again. Or will i have to leave my gamertag on it so they can play it but i would rather not leave my gamertag on the ps3 if i purchase a new one too. Any help would be greatly appreciated and again I only posted here because i couldnt get any good answers on the web and what better place to post than call of duty.

I know that you can do what you want. Get your nephew a new gamertag and he's set. DLC as long as it stays on the ps3 is able to be used by any gamer. I know this because this is how people "give" free map packs to friends machines....No need to give your gamertag away
    mallafornia
    You need to keep your main account, which you downloaded the DLC with, on the PS3. All you need to do is change the "Log In" settings to request your password for Logging in.
    fivexl5

mallafornia wrote:

You need to keep your main account, which you downloaded the DLC with, on the PS3. All you need to do is change the "Log In" settings to request your password for Logging in.

This.

The DLC is linked to the account that purchased it.  The account must be on the PS3 still but if you change the password so that he wont be able to sign on to your account, it will still work for his new account.  if the old account gets deleted, he will have to purchase them all over again even if the content is still on the HDD.