1 2 3 Previous Next 190 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2012 8:52 PM by theomegawerty RSS

There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers

IATEAREPUBLICAN
Campers slow down the game pace. Because of that, people who prefer fast paced gaming have to suffer. Therefore, I believe that there should be some idea implemented into the game to prevent campers. Due to the huge amount of confusion, I had to edit
this post. If you are going to reply, please read some of the earlier replies, and STAY ON TOPIC - GAME PACE... I don't have anything against campers, honestly, other than the fact they slow down game pace. I DO NOT need tips or ideas or tricks etc to kill campers. I have been through 14 prestiges and I know more than enough strategies to rid campers. So please, STAY ON TOPIC.
  • 1. Re: There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers
    ukscorpz

IATEAREPUBLICAN wrote:

Black Ops has such a huge amount of campers, half of the games you join, the enemy team will be rarely moving. It is kinda sad. And you know why? Combat record/kdr. People who camp always wants a high kdr. Honestly, no one gives a **** about your kdr, it's a game, and your suppose to have fun, isn't that what games are for? Really, if you find sitting in a corner or your spawn with a claymore watching your back is fun, you should just go outside and do something else less rage inducing. I know this may sound like a trolling attempt but really, I wish there was some way to see campers before you wall through the doorway they are so happily guarding. Maybe if they glowed through walls if they stopped moving for 30 seconds +, or if they stopped recieving kill bonuses after 20+ seconds of not moving. Before anyone posts retarded replies like "adapt kid", "OP needs to l3rn t0 pl4y" etc, I am NOT talking about the campers who watch over a flag / hq. Those are doing what they should do. I mean those super killwhore tryhards who sit in their spawn, or in a building with a claymore watching their back, aiming their sights down at the door, or hallways etc. I still can't think of any more reasons of why people camp other than kdr whoring..

Just wait for ELITE - things are gonna get a hell of a lot more boring!!!
  • 2. Re: There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers
    Youmakenosense
    "OP needs to l3rn t0 pl4y"
  • 3. Re: There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers
    ukscorpz

Youmakenosense wrote:

I can understand his frustration - not because campers get the upperhand over me, but because the pace of the game is slowed down so much.
  • 4. Re: There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers
    Youmakenosense

UK ScorpZ wrote:

Youmakenosense wrote:

I can understand his frustration - not because campers get the upperhand over me, but because the pace of the game is slowed down so much.

Then you and OP should just play the express playlist using hardline pro so just two kills make camping impossible. It keeps things fast and makes EVERYTHING about reflex and connection speed.

Don't you think doing that makes more sense then asking for the entire game to be changed just to suit the OP while ruining the experience for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of other players? Acting like camping is some wicked act the game makers didn't intend like the OP is simply stupid.

If Tre didn't want people to be able to camp there would not be ghost/motion sensors/cameras/claymores/silencers/sniper rifles/hacker/prone/decoys.
  • 5. Re: There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers
    ghosthound

IATEAREPUBLICAN wrote:

Black Ops has such a huge amount of campers, half of the games you join, the enemy team will be rarely moving. It is kinda sad. And you know why? Combat record/kdr. People who camp always wants a high kdr. Honestly, no one gives a **** about your kdr, it's a game, and your suppose to have fun, isn't that what games are for? Really, if you find sitting in a corner or your spawn with a claymore watching your back is fun, you should just go outside and do something else less rage inducing. I know this may sound like a trolling attempt but really, I wish there was some way to see campers before you wall through the doorway they are so happily guarding. Maybe if they glowed through walls if they stopped moving for 30 seconds +, or if they stopped recieving kill bonuses after 20+ seconds of not moving. Before anyone posts retarded replies like "adapt kid", "OP needs to l3rn t0 pl4y" etc, I am NOT talking about the campers who watch over a flag / hq. Those are doing what they should do. I mean those super killwhore tryhards who sit in their spawn, or in a building with a claymore watching their back, aiming their sights down at the door, or hallways etc. I still can't think of any more reasons of why people camp other than kdr whoring..

Learn to adapt & overcome.

Camping has always been in FPS's & will always be in FPS's.

If you can't deal with that fact I suggest that you go play FIFA. 
  • 6. Re: There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers
    That6uy420p

Youmakenosense wrote:

UK ScorpZ wrote:

Youmakenosense wrote:

Then you and OP should just play the express playlist using hardline pro so just two kills make camping impossible. It keeps things fast and makes EVERYTHING about reflex and connection speed.

Don't you think doing that makes more sense then asking for the entire game to be changed just to suit the OP while ruining the experience for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of other players? Acting like camping is some wicked act the game makers didn't intend like the OP is simply stupid.

If Tre didn't want people to be able to camp there would not be ghost/motion sensors/cameras/claymores/silencers/sniper rifles/hacker/prone/decoys.

Ummm.. I tend to camp rather effectively without the need for ghost....  I doubt very much that the express list is going to make me change my playstyle.  As you said though... they gave us plenty of tools to use either to camp or stalk with
  • 7. Re: There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers
    IATEAREPUBLICAN
    Express crashes way to often. I knew posting on this forum wouldn't help at all, everyone here is just a kid like most of CoDs players. I just don't understand how a game like Black Ops has so many campers while Modern Warfare 2 had close to none.
  • 8. Re: There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers
    cy7s
    people still camp all the time in express, when you know where everyone camping is still pretty effective, but you pretty much need to use flak jacket
  • 9. Re: There needs to be an idea implemented to stop campers
    cy7s

IATEAREPUBLICAN wrote:

so you want people that have fun camping to do something else because they make you angry?

other reasons people camp, they like to kill and dislike dieng, when i die i get pissed off, when i kill it makes me happy thus camping maximizes my happiness and also my kdr, win win
1 2 3 Previous Next