13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2011 10:06 AM by brsox RSS

Why do people get so angry over a game?

matt11987
I mean, I sometimes try and play to win and get some pretty decent scores, but at times if I join a server where somebody is getting annoyed I think it is just stupid so I try to make them rage even more, why didn't this dude just leave the lobby?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS3f-DAEF48

It's all done in jest, and if the guy uses this server, you must admit it was pretty funny!
  • Re: Why do people get so angry over a game?
    creaper21
    Because if he leaved, it would just repeatedly put him back in the same lobby every time. I find myself reviewing people and setting them to avoid just to find new games sometimes. And no one should really be forced to leave a game because of BS, there should be none in the first place.
    matt11987
    Yes but he wouldn't get BS if he didn't give it in the first place. If people didn't get angry and just played the game and accepted that people make mistakes or you might have a few bad games then others wouldn't try and annoy him more! My opinion but I accept yours too
    bjs001

matt11987 wrote:

Yes but he wouldn't get BS if he didn't give it in the first place. If people didn't get angry and just played the game and accepted that people make mistakes or you might have a few bad games then others wouldn't try and annoy him more! My opinion but I accept yours too

What BS was he giving in the 1st place? Not clear on the vid!
    matt11987
    I was told when I joined the game my team mate said that he was just ranting about everyone else being awful at the game and I got fed up, i'll admit it's childish what we were doing, but it was pretty funny at the time.
    atiredoldguy

matt11987 wrote:

if I join a server where somebody is getting annoyed I think it is just stupid so I try to make them rage even more.

matt11987 wrote:

I was told when I joined the game my team mate said that he was just ranting about everyone else being awful at the game and I got fed up, .

Lol.....................
    You wonder why people get angry ................... yet you "got fed up" just hearing about something.

Maybe you could answer your own question.
    matt11987
    Yes I could have just muted him or left, but it is 100 times more fun to get him/them more angry
    ermac26
    People get angry over a game because they are immature. Simple. When people are loosing over something fictitious, human nature dictates the person(s) react in an aggressive manner.

Frankly, why people don't just set their Xbox / PS3 / PC / Wii to friends only is beyond me. I'm pretty sure most or all consoles have that option in some way, shape or form. Or file a complaint, avoid playing with them forever, Report for bad conduct, etc...There are a multitude of things the individual can do. Which I do. My Xbox is set to friends only. I Report any and all emblems deemed inappropriate, I file complaints against gamertags and behavior and language (the second only possible via what friends tell me in parties). Cheating and hacking or if I suspect such acts, I report also. I have even reported people on my friends list from time to time. I had a friend banned for Code of Conduct with his profile Name, Location and Bio

It's my right to enjoy gaming the way I want without childish acts, insults, etc getting in my way. Break Treyarchs or Microsoft ToS's and CoC's and I will report. Period. Call me a tattle tailor all you want. When it comes to Terms of Service/Use and Code of Conducts, if I have to adhere to them, then why can't others?

But alas, with human nature always around, people will just rage and troll and rage and troll..Immaturity is the new maturity...Makes you wonder what has happened to people in general when as the generations change, they get more and more immature....
    atiredoldguy
    I guess all I can say then is that aholes come in different shapes and sizes ......
    Its hard to say which one of you are worse ............ just different.
    anoreo

ermac26 wrote:

People get angry over a game because they are immature. Simple. When people are loosing over something fictitious, human nature dictates the person(s) react in an aggressive manner.

The thing is, it's not "something fictitious". The game sure is, but the competition and the people aren't. THe same happens in any sport when BS moments happen. We also paid 60 dollars to have fun, not to be screwed over.
    Falc0nEddY
    I have an atrocious KDR (usually around 3-17) and I get a lot of verbal hate rage comments during the game, which doesn't instill a lot of confidence; and even a few chunks of mail that were much worse than the verbal abuse. My take is this. . .for each person like myself out there, there is another opposite super alpha dog (generally) to help balance out the team. That levels the playing field within your own team. . .so relax, because you ragers' heads are gonna explode.

I first pickup up an Xbox controller this summer, but I haven't got used to it yet, and I'm not sure I will. IRL, I'm a Distinguished Expert in smallbore rifle, post pistol, high power rifle, and action pistol from the NRA. So, I figured this game would be a piece of cake. Oh No! These targets are hiding and moving!!! 

Anyway, If I had an actual 360° view and a rifle-like controller to hold. . .I'd be jammin'.

In summation to the same team ragers. . ."Geez.....I'm doin' my best boss. Cut me some slack!"

. . Falc0n
    XxNuTxX
    i only get angry when my team mates are retarted or the lag gets me out of every kill
    shiister
    The OP and the british guy in the vid are both idiots. OP for ruining the game just because someone was complaining about his team, if it true that you or other people on the team suck then why get mad and start team-killing just because you want to make him complain more, that childish. The guy in the vid is a idiot for not leaving which I would of done after the first game. In my book you both are idiots and OP you got more angry then the guy ranting since you had to resort to team-killing.
    brsox
    I don't really see how that guy was "soooo angry" in the video. You were being a typical douche bag and flashing your team mates in hc snd. I say that everyone acted accordingly to you. Youre an ass hole. You should be banned from XBL.

People get mad at the game for all kinds of reasons. If I'm playing snd and my team mates are terrible, it is annoying, and I let them know. I'm not talking about skill here. If they sit in the spawn or are terrified to come out of a corner to defend team mates during plants or whatever, gtfo of snd! Thats not how you play the game. When I get killed by bs, it is frustrating. There's lots of inconsistencies in this game and they can get to people after a while.

That has to be some of the stupidest **** I've ever watched. ******* child.