28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 11:33 AM by _the_awesomeness_ RSS

Resolution question please help

cougarmanchase
Hey so remember this is on the Off topic forum so dont get mad for not talking about COD.

I recently bought Batman: Arkham City for ps3. It is a great game. I only have one problem. The case says that it supports 1080p and will display it. I own an HD VIZIO 1080p tv and I use a HDMI cord. But when I play it only displays at 720p. This is kind of annoying because I know that I am in fact missing out on some great graphics. Yes it still looks pretty good in 720p but I can tell quite a bit of difference when I play 1080p games. So I definatly have all the right equipment to play this in 1080p, but how come I cant? I have gone through all the setting I can think of but no luck. The other games I play work at 1080p but not this one?

Help? suggestions?

Thanks you
-cougarmanchase
  • Re: Resolution question please help
    craftyshot
    Last I heard consoles don't even support 1080p because they simply can't put it out.

PC on the other hand... 
    DanielWW2
    Just as CoD supports 1080P.  
    Yea, it actually is 600P. Consoles can't handle it so they downscale th resolution but still but 1080P on the box.

Like these guys said, you really are not getting 1080p, now if you had an expensive computer then you would have 1080p, but you have been lied to.
    matuzz

CraftyShot wrote:

Last I heard consoles don't even support 1080p because they simply can't put it out.

PC on the other hand... 

+1 
    DanielWW2

CraftyShot wrote:

PC on the other hand... 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eEmwJ6hJ2MQ/TVCjsCNlcDI/AAAAAAAAAEg/UV1WVbHV3o8/s1600/1217664-gloriouspcgamingrace_super.jpg

I believe that has been posted by you already Daniel.

CraftyShot wrote:

PC on the other hand... 

PS3 does. Crysis 2 and WipEout HD run at 1080p. Not sure about Xbox though.
    cougarmanchase
    Off topic: to all you pc fanboys out there. 55inch hd tv >17 inch computer moniter

On topic: Im not getting much help here. I really need suggestions guys!

cougarmanchase wrote:

Off topic: to all you pc fanboys out there. 55inch hd tv >17 inch computer moniter

I play PS3 and Xbox on a computer monitor with HDMI support. umad?
    DanielWW2

cougarmanchase wrote:

17 inch with a 1920x1080P reso > any TV.  
    matuzz

DanielWW2 wrote:

cougarmanchase wrote:

Yeah, the bigger TV the shittier picture.
    cougarmanchase

DanielWW2 wrote:

cougarmanchase wrote:

I dont enjoy smashing my face against a screen to be able to see. Oh and I also get to lay on a couch while I play instead of a chair
    Hd tv> tiny little 2 inch screen
    matuzz

cougarmanchase wrote:

DanielWW2 wrote:

cougarmanchase wrote:

I dont enjoy smashing my face against a screen to be able to see. Oh and I also get to lay on a couch while I play instead of a chair
    Hd tv> tiny little 2 inch screen

My phone screen is 4,3 inch... And I'm using 23 inch monitor with 1080p.
    And while browsing these forums do you have your face against the screen?

And you can put your computer to 55 inch tv if you don't care about clear image.
    cougarmanchase
    On topic: Im not getting much help here. I really need suggestions guys![/quote
    17 inch with a 1920x1080P reso > any TV.   [/quote]

Hd tv> tiny little 2 inch screen[/quote]
    My phone screen is 4,3 inch... And I'm using 23 inch monitor with 1080p.
    And while browsing these forums do you have your face against the screen?

And you can put your computer to 55 inch tv if you don't care about clear image.[/quote]

Ooooooooooo 23 inches!!!!!!!! Now that is just absolutely huge! No I'm browsing these forums through the tv because I hooked the computer up to it.
    214_Firestorm

cougarmanchase wrote:

No I'm browsing these forums through the tv because I hooked the computer up to it.

Problem nearly solved then.
    Batman: Arkham City releases November 15'th on PC.
    PC's can actually do greater than 1080p resolutions.
    (1080p max on a TV because thats the max TV's can do at this point in time, but thats beside the point)
    And since you already have your PC connected to that TV, 11/15/2011 is the fix for your little problem. 

214_Firestorm wrote:

cougarmanchase wrote:

No I'm browsing these forums through the tv because I hooked the computer up to it.

(1080p max on a TV because thats the max TV's can do at this point in time, but thats beside the point)
    And since you already have your PC connected to that TV, 11/15/2011 is the fix for your little problem. 

I bet SoylentBob would have a different opinion.

(crosses fingers)
    DanielWW2

IntoTheVoid wrote:

214_Firestorm wrote:

cougarmanchase wrote:

I bet SoylentBob would have a different opinion.

(crosses fingers)

There actually are 4x HD reso TV's but they are a bit expensive and not practical.  

DanielWW2 wrote:

CraftyShot wrote:

PC on the other hand... 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eEmwJ6hJ2MQ/TVCjsCNlcDI/AAAAAAAAAEg/UV1WVbHV3o8/s1600/1217664-gloriouspcgamingrace_super.jpg

So much fail in that pic.

PS3 gets RROD?  

phail elitism is phail
    craftyshot

Cs1294 wrote:

CraftyShot wrote:

PC on the other hand... 

PS3 does. Crysis 2 and WipEout HD run at 1080p. Not sure about Xbox though.

No consoles truely put out at 1080p that I believe, they just stretch it to fit the dimensions.

cougarmanchase wrote:

55 inch? I can do same thing? And who says 17 inch? I play on 23 inch but it doesn't matter, I'm sitting way closer then you are to your 55 inch. It's called proportions buddy. I can easily just plug my computer into my 52 inch in the living room. What's your point?
    214_Firestorm

DanielWW2 wrote:

There actually are 4x HD reso TV's but they are a bit expensive and not practical.  

No TV's at this time or any price range exist that will do higher than 1920x1080

Getting into professional grade monitors you'll see resolutions of up to 2560 x 1600
    And medical diagnostic monitor's then you'll start to see resolutions of  2048 x 2560
    (5 megapixel in grayscale & 3 megapixel in color,
    and no thats not a typo 2048x2560 4:5 aspect ratio or QSXGA resolution fliped on its side)
    Some professional grade monitors have an optional TV tuner. Yet they still are not a TV, they are a monitor.
    no such option on the medical displays (goes without saying for the reasons why.  lol)

With large format displays (computer monitors for digital signage)  mostly supporting 1920x1080 or less (up to 70")
    But these come with a catch, video walls up to 10x10 (100 monitors)
    this gives a a total of 19,200x10,800 resolution for a complete 10x10 video wall
    (at near $8,000.00 each for a 55" or $800,000 for a complete 10x10 wall)

Even the largest computer monitor available right now is 82" at prices of $50,000 have a max resolution of 1920x1080
    These have the same catch as above. video walls, but only up to a 4x4 wall size (16 monitors total)
    (7680x4320 total resolution for the 4x4 82" video wall at the same $800,000 as above)

The large format displays normally dont come with a TV tuner, but are an option with the majority of them.
    And as above, having a tuner as an option dont make them a TV, still a monitor.

SoylentBob always has different opinion Void, normally a wrong one. The boy hasnt a clue!
    Yet if he can help get this person 1080p through his console with Batman: Arkham City, more power to him.
    Yet most of us know games actually upscale/downscale to a display and dont actually do 1080p content,
    Hence the reason they look better on a smaller screen 

214_Firestorm wrote:

SoylentBob always has different opinion Void, normally a wrong one. The boy hasnt a clue!

Hey, I'm not here to judge who's right and who's wrong.  I am just trying to recreate the magic of the "Overclocking" thread, one of my All-Time Favorites.
    reaper2792

Sadly, Soy got a corrupted file in his recent update and had to get sent back to the factory for some maintenance.

reaper2792 wrote:

:^:
    Sadly, Soy got a corrupted file in his recent update and had to get sent back to the factory for some maintenance.

Well, his PSN Program is operating smoothly.  I see him on every night playing Marvel Online or something like that...
    reaper2792

IntoTheVoid wrote:

reaper2792 wrote:

Well, his PSN Program is operating smoothly.  I see him on every night playing Marvel Online or something like that...

PSN? I guess that's why i haven't seen you on xbox Live in a long time...

Check out my fedex description on page one of Up for hire. Sound similar to your friend?
    -pictureframe-
    What's your PSN, Void? I need to send you a friend request so you can help Soy and I get past the Cupcake Forest on Dora: Snow Princess. We've been stuck there for weeks.

reaper2792 wrote:

IntoTheVoid wrote:

reaper2792 wrote:

PSN? I guess that's why i haven't seen you on xbox Live in a long time...

Check out my fedex description on page one of Up for hire. Sound similar to your friend?

OMG, totally.  He said it was non-stop all night.  Constantly moving, packing the trucks.  He hated it, but the pay was decent.  He wanted to become a driver, and was told that he had to start from the bottom.  They scammed him, as it wasn't true.  He eventually became a driver though.  Tough work man.  I might try it out for some extra cash.  Except screw that 3:00 AM shift.  I'll take the 10:00 PM shift, for the exact reasons why you didn't!

As for not being on "the box" in a while, that is true.  Don't worry though, you will see me on there constantly after November 11th.

-PictureFrame- wrote:

What's your PSN, Void? I need to send you a friend request so you can help Soy and I get past the Cupcake Forest on Dora: Snow Princess. We've been stuck there for weeks.

Sure Pic, send away.  I totally own in Dora, and we can get some Barbie Horse Adventures Team Deathmatches going too.  My PSN might be hard to remember, so make sure you write it down.  It's:

"IntoTheVoid"

EDIT:  Crap, almost forgot.  1 kitten sent to EviL....
    _the_awesomeness_

Alright I had the same problem 2! I cant explain it but check youtube!