15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2011 3:19 PM by forrest-gump____ RSS

Chat quality

sfod-d

Been playing MW2 lately and forgot how bad the chat quality was compared to Black Ops.  Will it be the same or like Black Ops?

• Re: Chat quality
    lostxprophit

no one knows lol but looking at some of the XP vids, it'll be better/more clearer. & I don't even use my mic & I have the volume for voice chat at 0 so I can't hear anybody lol

cranium2001

sfod-d wrote:

Been playing MW2 lately and forgot how bad the chat quality was compared to Black Ops.  Will it be the same or like Black Ops?

My friends and I laughed extremely hard at the chat quality last week when we played MW2. It sounded like we were on a mild form of helium. Funny stuff.

I hope so. Mw2 chat is sh1t.

But so was BOs at launch.

ghamorra

I never used chat in MW2 but in BO I noticed a good couple second delay. In a game that moved so quickly that delay really hurts the team in calling out an enemy position

srgt_Jason

i hope they make a good chat and i hope it doesnt skip or cut out, etc., but i also hope that its actual voice.  have you ever talked to a friend on a game then talked to them in a voice chat?  voice chats are there voices while the games have tweaks to them.  i know mw2 tried to make peoples voices sound like they were broadcasted through a radio in war. dont do that

I think a lot of these threads can be answered with "We'll have to wait and see."

But I hope the chat is a lot clearer, yes.

I can tell you... It does not at all sound like Black Ops...

It sounds like all players are on helium with static and crackling sounds... I can barely make out what they are saying!

Everybody claims to hear me perfectly though... (Astro A40)

In Black Ops, guys in my regular party sound very good; in MW3 they sound like crap!

I wish there was better mic support already...