10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2011 5:09 PM by Julia2010NL RSS

Why should I get the hardened edition?

Hey there.

I'm from the Netherlands and over here the Hardened edition will cost around € 110,- which is around $ 150,-

If i buy the normal version it will cost around € 45,- ($ 61,-) and the seperate elite season ticket will cost € 49,- ($ 67,-).

When i buy the elite ticket immedatly and activate it before november 12th i will get the founder status.(is that correct?)

As you can see the price difference is around  € 16,- or $ 22,-.

Can some people please confirm that the only difference in my example is the cover and the extra book which are included in the hardened edition?

If there are no differences ingame (extra camo's,titles,badges or whatever)  in my example i will go for the seperate season ticket with a normal version otherwise i will order a hardened edition.

Thanks in advance...

• Re: Why should I get the hardened edition?

Hey, I would get the regular game and elite, and yes, you will get founder status if you activate it by Nov. 13th. So it doesn't make a difference. The Hardened Edition just gives you collectibles.

its also the same price as buying elite for one year + the game... plus you get alittle extra so whats the point in not buying it ? if your not going to get elite for a year you wont get all the dlc as easily.

When you read my openingspost you can see that it's not the same price.

One further question;

Is there no difference between the founderstatus get by purchasing the hardened edition or the founderstatus got by activating elite before november 13th?

If i look at the description of the hardened edition from a local gamestore here in Holland i see the prase:

This hardened edition contains a special founder status which include: an exclusive ingame badge, a special playercard, weapon camo, XP boost for clans.

Will the founderstaus be the same? Probably nobody can know this, but maybe i missed some information somewhere.

Thanks for helping me out.

If I were you, I'd go for the normal game and ticket and just activate your Elite before Nov.13th, since you'll still get Founder status if you do. Other than the disc art and field journal, you get nothing of use, and even then they're only really useful for the CoD fanboys.

cranium2001

Julia2010NL wrote:

Hey there.

I'm from the Netherlands and over here the Hardened edition will cost around € 110,- which is around $ 150,-

If i buy the normal version it will cost around € 45,- ($ 61,-) and the seperate elite season ticket will cost € 49,- ($ 67,-).

When i buy the elite ticket immedatly and activate it before november 12th i will get the founder status.(is that correct?)

As you can see the price difference is around  € 16,- or $ 22,-.

Can some people please confirm that the only difference in my example is the cover and the extra book which are included in the hardened edition?

If there are no differences ingame (extra camo's,titles,badges or whatever)  in my example i will go for the seperate season ticket with a normal version otherwise i will order a hardened edition.

Thanks in advance...

It does say monthly DLC which I assume won't be a map a month. That's included in any Elite though. If you want to save the money I wouldn't be too bothered.

Dude the best thing about the hardened edition is that you get free map packs every month! So you thats why its expensive.

Dude (!!!), i know that. Read the openingpost again. BTW The elite season ticket or however it's called is for the free maps (all the dlc's)

Truth is I missed the hardend preorder, I just pre-ordered my standard copy on Amazon. $56.

I can get founder status by activating my elite for $49.99 prior to November 13th.

Which means I get all of the DLC for the next year etc. So in reality I paid $107... and the stuff I don't get:

Exclusive Special Ops Juggernaut Xbox Live avatar outfit

-Limited Edition, 100-page collectible field journal chronicling the entire saga with authentic military sketches, diagrams, and written entries

-All in a collectible steelbook case

I couldn't care less about. I don't need the field journal or the steelbook case, and avatar's are a dime a dozen.

I just want the DLC's for free for the next year which is included in the Elite Premium, and I wanted founder status which I can get as well.

One further question;

Is there no difference between the founderstatus get by purchasing the hardened edition or the founderstatus got by activating elite before november 13th?

If i look at the description of the hardened edition from a local gamestore here in Holland i see the prase:

This hardened edition contains a special founder status which include: an exclusive ingame badge, a special playercard, weapon camo, XP boost for clans.