30 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2011 9:23 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Reconsidering my preorder decision

Just saw xJawz's new vid where he tore apart the MW3 multiplayer. I'm definitely considering cancelling my order at this point. Anyone else on the same boat?

• Re: Reconsidering my preorder decision
    triiviium-

Put up a link, I would like to see it. Not disagreeing with you im just curious.

triiviium-

Oh man, I respect Xjawz opinions. This has me worried, I wounder if people will be saying blops is better? I hope im not wasting $100.

WolfRidge

In the link he contradicts himself "it;s bad, it's cool"

I am wise enough to know that I should make my own mind up.... always

I am quite happy to waste £70 if he is correct, I'm bored of BLOPS its time has passed it was fun, but time for a new game

i cant belive your rethinking your pre order just off that video lol

salimreplay

I agree with xjawz. If you saw the gameplay he put up on someone else's channel, the map was exactly like crash from cod4, even that greyish color is there. he is already tired of the game 12hours after getting it....WTF?

Anyway, I predict MW3 is not going to be that fun because there are just too many things in the game for infinity ward to handle or make everything balanced.

crossfire-roadster

Don't let this guys opinion factor into your decision.  I watch his channel sometimes and my feeling is he's upset about the support killstreaks.  He is all about getting high kills, he very rarely captures flags in dom.  He just doesn't like the fact that someone actually playing the objective will be able to get an advanced uav even after getting killed multiple times.  Once you get the number of kills needed you get the support killstreak even if you were killed in between.

True - however, I've been against the idea of support killstreaks, as they are now, since I heard about them.

If they kept track of kills/objectives over the past 2-3 lives, I'd be fine with it, but the fact that it keeps track of kills over the entire game worries me.

I'm an above average player and I yet I still don't know the last time I didn't get 18+ total captures/kills in a game. The fact that I, and therefore most players, can get an osprey carepackage drop in every single game they play is definitely an issue.

SmokeyCheese1

Who the f is xjawz? If youre worried, then rent it before you buy it.

jamesafc

xJawz makes money from posting these videos, I wonder how much extra revenue he will make from posting something controversial

Why not just make up your own mind instead of listening to some 17 year old on youtube? Why is his opinion worth so much to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A9OmsyvoWg

Here's another video with gameplay.....

I know. I'm probably going to get the game anyways. But the fact that a guy who has played as much call of duty as I have is completely tearing this game apart has me really worried.

WolfRidge

In my opinion he has abused the fact he got the game early and has no right to post gameplay vids on other people channels ( not his own)

People need to stop Hero Worshipping these Machinima people,  I don't think he is a very good director anyway.

The game looks great

triiviium-

Its my choice to let someone influence my view on something. Dont tell me not to listen to him its my choice. I havent made my mind up. I will most likely get it just because i need to keep my COD collection going. I have every single COD game.

Cool Story Bro.

avengedyesterday

The issue is it was pretty much all new people working on mw3 than was on mw2. So they just took mw2 and built up on it. Honestly i think it will be what mw2 should have been. It might be a step back but i think they have added in some great ideas to progress cod in general.

I just wish 3arc and IW would work together. They both come up with great ideas and great games but i could only imagine what kind of game they both would come up with working together.

Don't cancel the order this close to release.

Get the game and make the decision for yourself.

This kid xjawz is a *** don't listen to anything he says. Although I do agree the support point steaks was a REALLY dumb idea you shouldnt be rewarded for sucking at the game.

This kid xjawz is a *** don't listen to anything he says. Although I do agree the support point steaks was a REALLY dumb idea you shouldnt be rewarded for sucking at the game.

This kid xjawz is a homo don't listen to anything he says. Although I do agree the support point steaks was a REALLY dumb idea you shouldnt be rewarded for sucking at the game.

I don't see anything wrong with the support strike package. It is for the guy who plays the objective and doesn't care if he dies capping flags, planting bombs, etc. None of the pointstreaks in that category are OP, plus everyone knows xjaws is a money grubbing f@g.

I didn't know that Treyarch had fanboys.....

I understand that he is entitled to his opinion, but I find it hilarious that his beef with the game is the support package. When he said that it wasn't as fluid as Black Ops I knew at that point he is full of ****. Black Ops was the worst COD game in recent memory. If he is getting paid, then it's by Treyarch.

"This video is private"

Wish I could see. Oh well. Don't let one hater sway your opinion on it.

keakua

He complained about the support packages, not a big deal. Then complained about a map that looked similair to Crash, again, not a big deal.

He just sounds like a whiney kid. I cant believe people are freaked out about this. It was only a matter of time before someone had to hate on it. I've read more positive reviews than I have negitive and in the end I have yet to play it myself to form my own opinion.

goosu2006

i watched that video, and about laughed.. i have watched a few of xjawsz videos where all he does is b*tch and moan about anything that keeps him from his oh-so-precious killstreak. It seems he hates competition. I love the feeling after a hard fought game win. Usually, the absolute murders are not really that fun. They just pad your KDR. my opinion has not changed because of this. Also consider this in being quick to moan about the support strike package.....

In Blops, the care package had a specific algorithm in place to prevent the high powered killstreaks from coming up in less than a blue moon apart from each other. I sometimes used the care package, and i barely got over a 7 streak. mostly it was ammo or spy plane or counter spy plane. Only got like dogs or airship 6 or 7 times in like 4 or 5 months of gameplay. For example, i watched the gamespot live stream, and the 5 package airdrop that i saw had all low killstreaks (ballistic vests, sentry gunner, counter spy plane.

So im withholding judgement about any streak until i have seen them, but im not really worried. Even if a high powered streak came up, IW probably balanced that with, again, an algorithm to prevent more than one high powered streak in one emergency airdrop.

So sure, many things look OP on paper but not in actual play. Chill your jets and wait..

P.S. i agree with other posters here. If you let ONE review change your decision this drastically, then you wont like any game, because any game, no matter how popular, always has its haters and naysayers.. Develop your own opinion and screw the haters.

nuttin2say

goosu2006 wrote:

I love the feeling after a hard fought game win.

I had a couple of games like this yesterday. It is not often that both sides of a match are laughing together afterward and saying,

"What a good match! That was close!"

If all the wanna-be's out there would just not talk crap about the losing team and if the losers would not rage because they lost, the game would be a hell of a lot more fun. And when the match is close, give credit where credit is due. If someone was smart enough at the last minute to switch to a sniper rifle to get a quick 4 kill streak or someone managed to whip out a noob tube for the final kill, kudos to that player for focusing on the game and finding that winning touch instead of raging, "you stewpid camperz!"

It's amazing how many people complain about what someone does in a match but when you go back and watch the theater afterward, they are completely wrong.

Not surprisingly, extremely few people will take you up on the offer.