6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2011 3:42 PM by Bloodring RSS

Using prestige tokens to unlock gear permanently..

I'm interested in any details as to how using prestige tokens to unlock gear permanently works.  If anyone has the game or has seen the answers to any of these questsions it would be appreciated.

1)  Say you unlock a weapon that requires level 70 with a prestige token.  Does that mean you'll always have that weapon from level 1 to 80 regardless of how many times you prestige?  Will the weapon's level stay with you as well?  Attachments?

2)  Can you use a token to keep a perk with you?  Will the pro version automatically be unlocked if you do so?  If not, will the pro version stick with you once you manually unlock it by completing the associated challenges?

3)  Other than weapons and perhaps perks, what else counts as a item that you can choose to keep with you through your prestiges?  Thanks.

The main thing that's prevented me from prestiging a lot in previous CoD's was how annoying the pro versions of some perks were to get.  If I can keep the pro versions of my most important perks I'll do a lot more prestiging.

• Re: Using prestige tokens to unlock gear permanently..

1) Every gear you unlock is unlocked "forever" but you need to unlock items and rank your weapon at every next prestige to get the attachments and camos.

creaper21

I'm not gonna guess, but this is what I know from only 402's tweets.

1. You have to prestige at least once to get unlock gear and YES, it stays FOREVER from level 1 to level 80 EVERY prestige. Your weapon starts off normally though so you have to unlock everything over again.

2. Yes, you can keep a perk, no you will not keep the pro version. Just like the weapons, you must unlock everything again.

3. 402 said you can keep ANYTHING from create a class unless it is something you start off with(obviously, lol). Strike packages, grenades, equipment, weapons, perks.

fourzerotwo was recently talking about the "unlock gear" option on his twitter, it's only a few posts down, check it out.

http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo

MVME2NIGHT

1. Yes you will always have the weapon but the attachment you will have to unlock it again once you reach the LVL of the gun you choose.

2. Yes. but you will have to do the challeges for the Pro version again.

3. You keep you custom classes

Briq wrote:

I'm interested in any details as to how using prestige tokens to unlock gear permanently works.  If anyone has the game or has seen the answers to any of these questsions it would be appreciated.

1)  Say you unlock a weapon that requires level 70 with a prestige token.  Does that mean you'll always have that weapon from level 1 to 80 regardless of how many times you prestige?  Will the weapon's level stay with you as well?  Attachments?

2)  Can you use a token to keep a perk with you?  Will the pro version automatically be unlocked if you do so?  If not, will the pro version stick with you once you manually unlock it by completing the associated challenges?

3)  Other than weapons and perhaps perks, what else counts as a item that you can choose to keep with you through your prestiges?  Thanks.

The main thing that's prevented me from prestiging a lot in previous CoD's was how annoying the pro versions of some perks were to get.  If I can keep the pro versions of my most important perks I'll do a lot more prestiging.

1. Yes; hopefully yes, probably not though; no.

2. Yes; same as weapons; I don't see why not.

3. Anything in Custom Class. Grenades, Strike Packages, you name it.