34 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2012 12:25 PM by Miles1911 RSS

Lag compensation is back.

Yup. If you even so much as have a good connection you get totally owned, and don't EVER even consider becoming the host. Just like Black Ops. I figured that beings it was so obviously one of the worst ideas in the history of CoD, I figured the developers would wise up and take it out. I was wrong.

I need to figure out how to go back to 1997 and get my AOL back,......or move to mexico. This whole "punishing me for having a superior internet connection" is for the birds.

For those of you wondering how I know it's back: 1. it's pretty much always just as laggy as black ops. 2. I was just getting clapped with the hottest sh!t I've ever seen. Getting killed in 1 bullet before I even round a corner, people taking massive amounts of bullets, recoil on my gun being higher than normal etc. The I back out because I can't take the bullsh!t anymore and guess who was host? You're looking at him.

Insane.

• Re: Lag compensation is back.
    maccabi

JohnnySasaki21 wrote:

Yup. If you even so much as have a good connection you get totally owned, and don't EVER even consider becoming the host. Just like Black Ops. I figured that beings it was so obviously one of the worst ideas in the history of CoD, I figured the developers would wise up and take it out. I was wrong.

I need to figure out how to go back to 1997 and get my AOL back,......or move to mexico. This whole "punishing me for having a superior internet connection" is for the birds.

For those of you wondering how I know it's back: 1. it's pretty much always just as laggy as black ops. 2. I was just getting clapped with the hottest sh!t I've ever seen. Getting killed in 1 bullet before I even round a corner, people taking massive amounts of bullets, recoil on my gun being higher than normal etc. The I back out because I can't take the bullsh!t anymore and guess who was host? You're looking at him.

Insane.

you know lag comp is in basically every console fps game right not just cod?

evm1

I doubt it is the same as black ops although black ops did suck when it came to lag.  This game has thh MW2 front end for connection, it is still the exact same thing. 

Searching for games with ping times.

It's the same. It's actually worse because this game has at least 10x as fast of gameplay so you are constiantly being spawned behind and you always have 10 different people shooting at you at any given time. People are then going to start to camp to counter this and it's going to be a sh!t show.

I mean, I'm really trying hard not to b!tch, but I'm just telling it like it is.

game just came out, give it a week.

You be *******'

n3ckchoke

This is my worse fear, when b.ops came out for the first couple months I couldnt do anything but run and die. Sigh, I really hope this is not true, I might ahve to down grade my internet to play this game.

Is there a way to slow down your internet somehow? I mean, you could upload or download something but that never seems to work. I think it does off your ping, and I don't know how to slow that down. I've got like a 1ms ping, so it might be kinda hard.

wow.  I just got done playing about 5 hours and honestly I was fed up with the game.  Didnt know what it was.  Ive always done pretty well in CoD games, but this was rediculous.  I would be waiting for somebody to turn a corner, start firing into them and then it seems like the very first bullet to come out of their gun would kill me.  So if "lag compensation" causes that it makes me feel a little better about the game but really wish they would fix it.

I'm not totally feeling MW3 yet, but the connections are fine. I've been playing cod since 2006 & the ONLY game I ever had consistent connection issues w/ was Black Ops -- in every other cod I'd pull host or get 4 bars on the regular, so far in MW3, I've been a 4 bar in every game (maybe a dozen games).

I am in the same boat, and totally ****** off, I have 100 meg low contention cable, so every round is the ******* same, shot to **** by some arse on his daddies third world internet connection.

Wish to Christ I had not paid for this steaming POS, TREYARCH can shove it up their arses. I am absolutely livid right now, it  is unplayable like this, the chances I get a game on another host are marginal; next time I see these tossers at a game show they are going to get a piece of my mind.

it seems to be playable by 100s of thousands of people

There are not even that many ppl playing right now, stop pulling shite out your pie hole, get something better than third world 1 meg dsl and come back once you have hosted a few games.

There might not be 100s of thousands on right now, but there definitely was last night when I was playing it after midnight.

I don't see how it's unplayable if that many people are playing the game. In my mind, unplayable means you can't play it because its so bad

Doesn't seem that way with the amounts of people playing

This problem is worse the better your connection compared to the worst connection on the server, the game attempts to compensate for players with worse ping by delaying packets to those with better ping.

The problem is easy to spot too, from my perspective, I see the enemy as soon as they turn a corner  and very quickly die, seemingly almost instantly, perhaps getting off one or two shots at most. On watching the kill cam after, you see from their perspective something else entirely; they did not just pop round the corner, but unloaded a hail of bullets in your direction before killing you. It leaves you unable to do anything effectively with no time to react while they have; on checking, in every case, sure enough they are usually the ones on 2 3 bars.

It's not ******** it's a very real problem that affects players with better than average internet, YouTube had any number of videos showing it, we are effectively being handicapped for having better gear, which is an insult. I cannot speak for others but I pay a lot for this connection to host games, but I will be ****** if I host anything for this game with its current network code.

You just described it perfectly. The only problem is, people who have crap internet and **** every game will never give in to the fact the only reason they do good is because we're being hadicapped. What's more, they will never even understand what we are talking about until it actually happens to them, which it probably wont.

I remember I had a friend on MW2, which wasn't a terribly laggy game to begin with, and he ALWAYS had a 1 bar connection. When you watched him play, it looked like the game was running a 2 frames per second, skipping across the map etc. Needless to say he was untouchable. I'm glad he was always on my team, lol.

Oh a side note, taking all this into consideration, I still managed to end up with a 2.5 k/d on Black Ops and so far I have a little over a 2 k/d on this game. I'm not trying to brag at all, but it should be WAAAY higher. The level of bullsh*t I recieve on a daily basis is insane.

dhaddix1

my kdr has suffered tremendously! when i first started to play i had a steady 2.5 kdr and then several hours later i have this pathetic 1.56 kdr... (its pathetic to me because i have a 2.0 in BO)

man i just made a thread about this same issue i guess other people are having it too...you described my issue almost identical to me. i was playing great for the first few games and then everything went to hell and i cant go positive to save my life and im a pretty decent player.(2.25 k/d ratio in b.o)

Snipingdbag

Being a team player Helps a lot in mw3, since not only killwhoring gets you rewards these days. Plus All the better players are playing it on launch too, you people don't honestly believe you would be able to keep that average against actually competition? Be happy that it's positive DH.

This said the OP couldn't be more right. Being host in this game is Hell for me. This game can get twice as shocky as black ops, Insane really.

I use Sprint 3G and find games at 125ms ping. I get better connectios than in MW2. I hope they keep doing what they are doing.

I have to agree. Granted, I never had any terrible issues w/lag in Black Ops outside of blatant switching and UK, Australia, Mexico not being able to contain their **** connections within their borders, but MW3 is a whole different bag.

Lag compensation is awful, there is no stable connection like was in MW2. Everyone who has a superfast connection that could host a match for hours without any problems, are spending money and throwing it in the trash. Please, rethink the lag compensation system, or just fix this "EVERY MATCH HOST MIGRATION" !!!

LMFAO, just been on my ISP forum for mw3, people are going nuts at them for advertising lag free gaming and they are just getting destroyed by the lag comp. people pay big money for good broadband and IW/activision just spit in there face.

I've started feeling the lag comp issue since the January title update. I get in front of a guy and start hosing him down, and then when I die, it shows me still running at him in killcam. I NEVER had this big of a problem in Black Ops.

8ms ping

23 down

3 up

I should be RIPPING KIDS APART unless they get behind me. I'm sick of being punished for having a good connection. SCREW the kids who don't have the dedication to get better ISPs.

at the end of the day mate all the companies care about is the money your giving them, they may have very good personel that actually care about giving people value for money but the company policy just cancels all that out.