1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2011 4:38 PM by fallenshadow000 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps
    IRAssault100

One I wish it were two it would make sniping feel a lot safer (but i just run the I.M.S to make up for the lack of another claymore).

• 16. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

yeah! I totally agree, I hope the future maps are big enough to snipe, and yeah quickscoping is retarded!

• 17. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

Yeah, the Bouncing Betty leaves a lot to be desired; my biggest problem, however, is still the lack of clear sight lines, and linear/wide-sweep sniper positions. On top of that, even with Marksman (this particularly goes for the Bakaraa map), you still can't get a clear shot for all the dust and debris blowing around. That's something coming from a guy who has an 1080p HD monitor.

I'd like to see more maps like Hazard, Afghan, and Wasteland; large areas for snipers to play on efficiently.

• 18. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

Sniping is fine, from what I've seen. I have only seen 1 quickscoper so far, and I know as a fact I'm not one, so obviously you're just not finding the right positions, or you're trying too hard to play exactly like you've always done. I can snipe even on that map that takes place in a mall(Arkaden or something like that...) it's not that hard.

• 19. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

Mhhh let see some good hardscoping maps (I do this):

Dome (yes, Dome), Seatown, Arkaden, Bakaara, Resistance, Bootleg, Village, Outpost, Mission. 9 out of 16 maps for me is enough

• 20. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

I agree with all of those except Bootleg, that one seems more like an LMG map, just because it is a lot of tight alleys with incredible sight lines.

• 21. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps
    chalmerzxd

This was the first thing I noticed after an hour of gameplay. Let`s hope the DLC will have more sniper friendly maps.

• 22. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

To the dude who said you snipe just fine with any of these maps, we aren't taking about red dot sight/ ACOG sniping.. (jeez did I hate CoD when they started giving sniper rifles those attachments (in BF3 too haha)) In my honest opinion, I consider true sniping to be "hard-scoping" at long ranges getting shots in the chest or head with a single fire and not spamming a semi automatic (even though the 50 cal is a semi, it might as well be a bolt from how I use it)

• 23. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

I totally agree with your post. I fired up a sniper class once, and boy was I sorry. Haven't touched a sniper rifle since. Sniping maps would be welcome. A good sniping map allows concealment far enough from available cover to keep the runaround shotty toters from surprising you. No current map has this. Urban maps packed with buildings just don't cut it. Let's hope DLC has some better sniping maps. I also can't stand quick-scopers. It's very unrealistic and shouldn't be possible.

• 24. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

I totally agree with your post. I fired up a sniper class once, and boy was I sorry. Haven't touched a sniper rifle since. Sniping maps would be welcome. A good sniping map allows concealment far enough from available cover to keep the runaround shotty toters from surprising you. No current map has this. Urban maps packed with buildings just don't cut it. Let's hope DLC has some better sniping maps. I also can't stand quick-scopers. It's very unrealistic and shouldn't be possible.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next