1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 116 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 7:29 AM by badplumr Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT

send me an email to: photius at sbcglobal dot net and I'll send it to you when I get home from work. I'm going to work on a good pinnacle profile as well, as it has better mouse smoothing emulation than xpadder. I'll send that to you as well when I'm done with it and you can decide which one you want to use. cheers

• 31. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT
    [pde]paulkersey

Well then I would have to say Pinnacle Profiler. That's as good as it's gonna get for now. Xpadder is easy, but the analog stick movement is terrble and jerky.

• 32. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT
    [pde]paulkersey

lol that's the longest post so far, but I love it. It's sad when you have to explain to people in this manner in order for them to understand. I mean, since when has racing controllers like stering wheels killed PC? Good post.

• 33. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT
    [pde]paulkersey

Sadly, the new F series is terrible for FPS games, but may work well with other games. I just wasted money on an F710 wireless not too long ago. They tried to cater to the Xbox controls so hard, now the sticks are jerky in FPS games and their analog triggers feel like cut blocks in your fingers. I haven't tried the F510 and I don't know if I will because of Logitech's will to bow to the X360's setup rather than make it secondary.

On the PC, when making your own control scheme, it's best with directinput rather than xinput, because the loose nature of the sticks allow you to be much steadier and you can always tighten up your sensitivity and the shoulder buttons don't act like triggers (meaning they don't need squeezing in FPS game, you just press them for quickness).

Logitech's Dual Action doesn't support xinput and I also have a Razer Onza for an Xbox 360 pad which does. I think it's best (if possible) to have them both rather than a hybrid (which is Logitech's F series - directinput/xinput with the flick of a switch). For the small amount of games that don't work well with the Onza like you described, I drop a few files (x360ce) in the game's folder and my Logitech now acts as an Xbox controller.

Someone posted this in the forums one day and I'm looking into buying it and trying it out: http://cyborggaming.com/prod/cyborgpad.htm

Side Comment: I'm glad to see this thread as the main place to talk about controllers. It was work going to every separate question about controllers and now, I can just answer them all right here.

• 34. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT

Thanks! Really appreciate that. Now hopefully, people won't be too afraid to take a couple minutes of their time to actually read it through. Sometimes, people see a wall of text like that, don't bother to read it because "reading" is simply asking too much of some folks in this day and age of instant messaging lingo and technological wonder, and will write a response to it nonetheless without ever addressing any of the points mentioned. You've provided some very well-balanced and thoughtful input on this topic yourself; and I have to say that it is greatly apprecaited as well.

• 35. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT

In fact, you'd expect a console port to INCLUDE gamepad support, that's actually ONE OF THE GOOD THINGS of a console port to begin with, that, and if the load in it's engine is reallocated properly for Win x86-64, excellent in-game performance on even "TI-84+ like" WinPCs lol.

What IW and SHG has been doing is the opposite of common sense and logic for the PC SKU. Here have some unranked dedis and BUILT IN SSAO, *fetch*, and expect us to chew on that bone forever. I remember when "Grant Collier" projected what we PC gamers wanted and have come to expect out of the franchise.

Considering the history IW has since after CoD4 (several may say titles after CoDUO) I almost expect them to NOT give us a single PC related thing other than what the console SKU's get, if we're LUCKY!

IW+SHG: "We have found a fix for gamepad support on PC, place your x360 MW3 disc in your DVD drive, run, play! Enjoy!"

• 36. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT
    [pde]paulkersey

I had to laugh at this one, but it's true. Ol' Grant Collier...those were the days...

IW+SHG: "We have found a fix for gamepad support on PC, place your x360 MW3 disc in your DVD drive, run, play! Enjoy!"

• 37. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT

Did they really say something that irresponsible?! WTH is wrong with Infinity ward, I guess I will keep playing COD: Black ops that already offer proper Controller suport and sell my uncomplete Modern warfare 3. -_-

• 38. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT

Sad but true

• 39. Re: PETITION FOR FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT

signed i really need controller support

im just no good with the mouse and keyboard after many years lol

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next