4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2011 5:15 PM by WiseguyFTL RSS

Sniping R.I.P. 11/08/11

Thanks guys. You really ruined the game for me.

Apparantly if you're not run and gunning, you're doing it wrong.

Oh and quick scoping is NOT sniping. Get it right.

Peace.

• Re: Sniping R.I.P. 11/08/11
    WiseguyFTL

umm what exactly are you saying? Are people telling you you're a "noob" if you look down the scope for more than 2 seconds? that's ridiculous if that's the case, I've heard this as well, I do whatever I need to do to get a kill, I quickscoped like 2 people then went for an accurate shot a long range, and I got a message telling me i'm a noob. just ignore it.. if that's not what you meant, please explain =)

If it was just that, I wouldn't care so much, but the entire game is designed to make sniping as retardedly difficult as possible. There is nothing in multiplayer that a sniper rifle can do that you can't do better with an AR.

WiseguyFTL

yeah but it's been that way in every call of duty, in mw2 an ACR was like a sniper across the map, but a fully automatic one. Assault rifles will always have an advantage over snipers, especially in this game where there are no long sightlines. I will still keep using the sniper once in a while, because I enjoy using it, and yes I do run and gun with it, and yes I quickscope/ dragscope when I need to, but i'll also take my time when I have that time. Sniping's not dead and it will never be, the sniping community is way too big for that to happen, so please don't say RIP to sniping anymore =)

slyaudio

Agreed, I have always liked the fact that there is atleast ONE large open map that is the snipers playing ground. Maybe I havn't played all maps yet but I have failed to find it yet.

The tight complexity of the maps means that snipers are pretty much useless. Sure there are a few vantage points in buildings but they will usually cover a very small unused part of the map making it pointless.