10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 3:25 PM by Black-Devils1 RSS

Cannot join a party - keep getting kicked - PS3

eastars

Here's the situation, whenever i join my friend's party, it will search for a match.  At the top it will go <50ms, <75ms, then <100ms - about this time is when i drop, but the rest of the party remains and has not issues.  My NAT is open and says Type 2 in my PS3 network settings.  I can send invites, but no one is able to join my party, i always have to join theirs.  I have seen some posts on other forums with this issue, but am wondering if anyone here has any ideas?  my internet connection is wireless (cable internet) and have a 10MB/sec download, 1MB/sec upload with an average 32ms ping.  i have zero issues playing MW2 or BO with the same group of friends, so, this leads me to believe it's a MW3 issue.  Any ideas?  Please help...

C.

• Re: Cannot join a party - keep getting kicked - PS3

Im having the same problem. NAT open and type 2. i reset my router and modem settings and did everything. but i still am having problems, a lot of "server connection time outs". some games work but most i have to keep spamming away to get into a game. Hope its not just me and its the game and that they will come up with an update that will fix it.

eastars

...yeah, i have no issues playing by myself or joining a party, but once the party starts looking for a match, as soon as it hits the <100ms, i'm gone.  weird thing is, my name will disappear from the list but i can still see everyone and still watch the match finding go through it's progression - once it finds a match, though, i get the kicked error message.  we even tried to make me the host when we partied up, it wouldn't even let them - it's really annoying because most of the fun with the CoD games is playing with your friends...

I'm having the same exact problem. here's the story:

I used to run off of Verizon Highspeed Internet (average 60-70 ping), 1.5 Mbps down max, 0.33 Mbps up max and I had no problems joining games with friends. But, recently we switched our internet to XFINITY, average 20 ping, 30 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up. (10.2 Mbps down, 2.7Mbps up on PS3) Now, I can't be host of the party and sometimes if they search for a lobby I won't go through and sometimes I'll dissappear from the party, but I still see everyone else's names and I have no problems when I play solo. Has anyone figured out why this happens?

Edit: I don't have any problems on Black Ops.

Are all of you guys playing on ps3?

Shadow_Alq

Yes, i guess so!.

You may want to make sure the required ports for this game are opened properly. Below you'll find a step-by-step on how to get these open:

1. http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm This guide will show you how to set a static IP address for your Playstation 3.

2. http://www.portforward.com On this webpage click on Router List > Select your router > Select your game (PS3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3) > Follow the steps in the provided guide.

3. Disable any firewall or security features within your router.

4. Set port forwarding on your router to the IP address of your Playstation 3. This game uses ports 81, 3074, 3075, 3478, 3479 (UDP) and ports 80, 443, 3074, 5223 (TCP).

For voice / video chat and online game play, direct communication with other PS3 systems is used for data transmission during voice / video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658

Once you have done that, go ahead and restart your console, modem, and router.

Please keep in mind, if those other players can connect to eachother, and join matches, the issue would be with your connection.

rwcgillam

I have done all the recommended steps by Elite, Activision, Playstation, Portforward and anyone else who has an opinion about this.

None of it has helped me.  My NAT is open, ports are open, firewall is off, etc. 

The people I always have trouble joing have open NAT types, as well.  They are from various places around the world (USA, Ireland, England, etc.) 

Then there are those people that I can join, but get kicked out when we try to find a game or during the game.

Then there are those that I can connect to sometimes and other times cannot.

All of us have open NATs.

Strangely enough, I do not have problems connecting with them on any COD , even without all the reconfiguring my router.

And then I see all these posts about other people that I don't even know having the same issues.

Yet the problem is mine....

Hello rwcgillam,

(From the Playstation 3 Internet Browser)

If you go to http://canyouseeme.org and type in "80" in the empty box, and hit submit. Repeat this process for 443, 3074, 3478, 3479, 3658, and 5223. 

Are these ports displaying as open, closed, connection timed-out, or connection refused from the Playstation 3 Internet Browser?