1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 74 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2012 5:30 PM by starbuckfrack Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Remove Latency Compensation!!!!

agreed!!

• 61. Re: Remove Latency Compensation!!!!

redwing497 wrote:

Dexter,

It's because of people like you why we, with REAL broadband internet connections are getting punished.  Playing on a Sprint 3G connection.  I mean, come on.  Your high ping times, and yes they are VERY high, are giving you an advantage.  Get a real internet connection and you'll see what we're talking about.

So I am getting pings less than 100ms, and the game is matching me with players with the same ping and that's bad? Don't you know that it's a myth that people with slower connections affect players in a lobby. Maybe if you tried not playing the game with bittorrent, youtube, and netflix running at the same time you would not be on these forums complaing over a matchmaking system that runs great. I never lag.

• 62. Re: Remove Latency Compensation You Jackasses!!!!
    conman2010

the game is ruined for a good percentage of the world ... im not playing until a fix has been released ... if no news soon i will return it as i am not happy with the product i have purchased

• 63. Re: Remove Latency Compensation!!!!
    sweatyclam

And I get ping's of 15, your jitter will also be quite high.

It takes more than 6x's longer for you to get information to the host than me!

This day and age you locale ping should be under 50ms with nearly zero jitter.

• 64. Re: Remove Latency Compensation!!!!

dexter1992 wrote:

redwing497 wrote:

Dexter,

It's because of people like you why we, with REAL broadband internet connections are getting punished.  Playing on a Sprint 3G connection.  I mean, come on.  Your high ping times, and yes they are VERY high, are giving you an advantage.  Get a real internet connection and you'll see what we're talking about.

So I am getting pings less than 100ms, and the game is matching me with players with the same ping and that's bad? Don't you know that it's a myth that people with slower connections affect players in a lobby. Maybe if you tried not playing the game with bittorrent, youtube, and netflix running at the same time you would not be on these forums complaing over a matchmaking system that runs great. I never lag.

This game doesn't match you with players of the same ping, I have no idea where that came from and why people started assuming that it is the case. If somebody has any evidence of this I would love to see it.

From what I have seen with both MW2 and MW3 it simply searches for the lowest ping host for you to connect to. It starts off searching at 50. If there is no available hosts at 50 it bumps it up to 75, then to 100. I could just as easily connect to somebody with a 50ms ping that lives in my neighborhood and then have you connect to the same host with a 100+ms ping from somewhere in Mexico. if there were no available hosts near your location.

• 65. Re: Remove Latency Compensation!!!!
    IEliteWalker

Signed

• 66. Re: Remove Latency Compensation!!!!
    Proletaari

Signed

• 67. Re: Remove Latency Compensation!!!!

Signed

• 68. Re: Remove Latency Compensation!!!!
    sweatyclam

Does anyone in this thread actually know what they are signing?

Stop doing the fault diagnosis yourselfs and let the "experts" at IW work it out!

• 69. Re: Remove Latency Compensation!!!!
    theatriks

You know that if you remove it completely your bullets would almost never connect, right?

The people would be like a good 2 seconds ahead of where you're looking.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next