1 2 3 Previous Next 162 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2012 6:12 PM by apo301 RSS

Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?

Hello -

We are receiving reports from several users who are noticing an increase in lag today, opposed to previous days playing the game. We believe this may be associated with certain network providers and are working to identify such providers so that we can work with them to hopefully address this on their networks.

If you are experiencing any connection issues or spikes in LAG during gameplay today, can you please provide the following information?

What is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

What is your NAT setting (Open, Moderate Strict)?

What is your region / country?

This informaiton will help us identify where we should focus our attention. Thank you!

• 1. Re: Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?
    dannyfrog2011

im with 02 home broadband nat type open always has been! united kingdom northwest of england. why do activision or call of duty always try to blame our internet or service providers gets on my nerves this happened with black ops on occasion but not as bad as this the lag spiking then out of memory 14 would be nice and pretty clever if you just implemented a patch to solve these issues! oh and also in survival mode i seem to get frame rate issues that was major lag spiking / frame rate even my team mate did and he,s on virgin media fibre optic 50 meg broadband speed!

• 2. Re: Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?
    vims1990

Fourzerotwo,

ISP: Slingshot

NAT Type: Open

Mostly having problems as host in MW3 (lag/sync issues) compared to other players. I do have framerate issues from time to time

I realise this is related to PS3 users but it affects XBOX 360 players as well.

• 3. Re: Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?
    soulassassin226

What is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)? VERIZON FIOS

What is your NAT setting (Open, Moderate Strict)? OPEN

What is your region / country? UNITED STATES

I keep getting "server connection timed out" almost every single time I try to join a game with the occasional "could not migrate host" message as well. When I DO get into a game, I am almost always picked as the host and the game runs terribly. It hiccups EVERY FEW SECONDS constantly throughout the whole match. Sometimes the game will run fine for the first few minutes and then suddenly start stuttering like i desribed earlier and will not stop at all for the rest of the match and I'm stuck as host until I search for a new lobby. I've had to quit so many games because I literally cannot see where I am going with these issues. I cannot play a game that I gladly spent $100 (hardened) on at all because I am ALWAYS host and the choppiness happens EVERY game. Black Ops left me with a sour taste in my mouth after all the launch issues on PS3 and I REALLY hope you guys can fix this within the next DAY because I'm starting to get sick of this every time a new CoD game gets released. Sorry if it sounds like I'm "whining" but honestly an established franchise like CoD should NOT be having issues like this.

• 4. Re: Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?

IP 213.243.131.39 Whois
    ISP : DNA Oy
    Host : cs131039.pp.htv.fi
    Region/State: Southern Finland
    City: Helsinki

NAT Type: Open

I had so horrible lag today that I went like 5 kills and 25 deaths -_- If this lag won't be fixed I will sell my Hardened edition....

Will you first regonize the ISP's that are posted first or is it like oh that guy is from Finland who cares if he lags or what?

• 5. Re: Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?

SBC Internet Services

Strict NAT

Texas

I also have a feeling it may be because since I'm at a university with an 802.1x authentication, and I have to connect my console via internet sharing with a USB to Ethernet adapter and my laptop, that it may also be causing problems, but I'm not sure.

• 6. Re: Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?

Glad to see attempts to sort out issues, much appreciated.                                                             Virgin broadband 30 meg superhub                                                                                        Nat type 2 open.    Uk west midlands.                                                                               

• 7. Re: Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?

ISP: Time Warner Cable

NAT: Type 2 Open

Region: NYC, USA

I have tried a lot of things from resetting modem/router to following instructions to open ports for MW3 and still having problems. Problem is takes several tries to get into a game. A lot of times I get messages like server timed out when I load into a game and also disconnect out of a game. Also experiencing could not migrate host errors but I think thats normal every now and then as it happened in previous games, but not the server time outs.

Its really frustrating to keep looking for games and then when I find one I get disconnected to the game and then have to go through several tries to get into another game.

Lag is not a problem for me, just the server disconnects.

• 8. Re: Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?

ISP: Charter

NAT: open

Region: ft. Worth, TX

I will get server time outs every once and a while, but the biggest problem is the lag. About every other game I will have unbearable lag that makes it impossible to play. I have to back out of the room.

• 9. Re: Having Connection issues or spikes in Lag during gameplay?

Come on guys do you really believe that our isp is to blame for the lag and connection issues? This thread is going to be full of all the isp's in the world!! This is a fail on the developers part for not having dedicated servers!! EA manage to do it on Battlefield 3 why not Activision/Infinity Ward? Could it be cost? Well considering Call of Duty is the biggest selling game franchise of all time maybe the developers need to spend some of their huge profits for their customers!!! Rant Over!!

1 2 3 Previous Next