1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next 197 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2012 6:46 AM by ImPissed Go to original post RSS
  • 100. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?
    brandaman

    Honestly, this stuff is common knowledge to anyone that is even slightly tech savvy. If he's apparently a game developer, he can't be a very good one.

  • 101. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    brandaman wrote:

     

    Honestly, this stuff is common knowledge to anyone that is even slightly tech savvy. If he's apparently a game developer, he can't be a very good one.

     

    Then why is it, that on EVERY SINGLE POINT I have made, you deny it and call me "stupid", then I turn around and direct proof from MULTIPLE sources on the SAME POINT, proving you completely wrong?

     

     

    Seriously, if this is such "Common Knowledge", then why are you ALWAYS getting it wrong?

     

    You could have "worded it differently"?

     

    I don't think so kid.

    You tried to attack a person on a forum by lying and acting like you knew something that you didn't.

     

    That's called getting caught "red-handed"

     

    I thought you were into this whole "I always admit it when I'm wrong.", thing.

     

     

    brandaman wrote:

     

    Here's a better source with more detail:

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-1gb-360-disc-upgrade.

     

    Here we go, DIRECTLY from your source that you posted in your link.

     

     

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-1gb-360-disc-upgrade  wrote:

     

    The maximum space allocated to game data on the current disc format is just 6.8GB out of a maximum of 7.95GB on a standard dual layer DVD, with over 1GB dedicated to a DVD-Video partition that also contained anti-piracy security sectors.

     

     

    The 1GB is taken up by the default VIDEO sector, NOT "Anti-Piracy".

     

    The "Anti-Piracy" you are talking about are BAD SECTORS ON THE DISC. They literally take up 1 "bit". When the disc is pressed, they purposely insert a few bad sectors on the disc, because cd/dvd/bd burners cannot replicate the bad sectors. They take up no space at all.

     

    So it is EXACTLY what I said it was. It is NOT a new disc format. They are just changing the data that goes ON the disc. They are removing a large section of the video portion of the disc, allowing developers to reclaim that space from the original dual layer DVD.

     

    They are the SAME EXACT MEDIA.

     

    BTW, your link also had this to say:

     

     

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-1gb-360-disc-upgrade  wrote:

     

    Astonishingly, this meant that the last generation PlayStation 2 had a higher level of raw storage available to games developers than the newer Xbox 360.

     

    !!OUCH!!

     

    What even makes you think that you have any type of authority or intimate knowledge on this subject anyways?

     

    Tell me your first hand knowledge about how you "know" these things.

     

    Did you go to school to be a developer/programmer?

    What languages do you program in?

    What is your job?

     

     

    Waiting,...

  • 102. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?
    forrest-gump____

    CYNDICATE wrote:

     

    brandaman wrote:

     

    Honestly, this stuff is common knowledge to anyone that is even slightly tech savvy. If he's apparently a game developer, he can't be a very good one.

     

    Then why is it, that on EVERY SINGLE POINT I have made, you deny it and call me "stupid", then I turn around and direct proof from MULTIPLE sources on the SAME POINT, proving you completely wrong?

     

     

    Seriously, if this is such "Common Knowledge", then why are you ALWAYS getting it wrong?

     

    I thought you were into this whole "I always admit it when I'm wrong.", thing.

     

    What even makes you think that you have any type of authority or intimate knowledge on this subject anyways?

     

    Tell me your first hand knowledge about how you "know" these things.

     

    Did you go to school to be a developer/programmer?

    What languages do you program in?

    What is your job?

     

     

    Waiting,...

    I don't think its a you're stupid kinda thing, it's more of an you're quite annoying/irritating

     

    As far as what job you or anyone else does, it matters none, this is a faceless forum, you could be anyone.

     

    Anyone can be anyone on a forum, Google is everyone's friend. Anyone can make a Facebook page, anyone can make a Twitter page...you're not bigger, better, smarter than anyone else, because noone knows who you are

     

    Grammar, schooling, spelling........noone cares, nor does it matter.....accept these facts and you will find its a beautiful place here.....drop the coloured text too.....that's quite sad

  • 103. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    forrest-gump____ wrote:

     

    I don't think its a you're stupid kinda thing, it's more of an you're quite annoying/irritating

     

    As far as what job you or anyone else does, it matters none, this is a faceless forum, you could be anyone.

     

    Anyone can be anyone on a forum, Google is everyone's friend. Anyone can make a Facebook page, anyone can make a Twitter page...you're not bigger, better, smarter than anyone else, because noone knows who you are

     

    Grammar, schooling, spelling........noone cares, nor does it matter.....accept these facts and you will find its a beautiful place here.....drop the coloured text too.....that's quite sad

     

     

    Do you not realize that you just did what you just were posting about? LOL!!

     

    It classic Internet misdirection. Someone(Me), slammed something that you like, then YOU turn around and attack that persons character as an attempt to discredit that persons statements, because you can't do it with facts about the subject matter.

     

    How about you go try that tactic on someone that will fall for your neophyte techniques & insults.

     

    Stop trying to make excuses for him to not have to verify his experience on the subject at hand. It has EVERYTHING to do with the merit of his claims.

  • 104. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?
    forrest-gump____

    CYNDICATE wrote:

     

    forrest-gump____ wrote:

     

    I don't think its a you're stupid kinda thing, it's more of an you're quite annoying/irritating

     

    As far as what job you or anyone else does, it matters none, this is a faceless forum, you could be anyone.

     

    Anyone can be anyone on a forum, Google is everyone's friend. Anyone can make a Facebook page, anyone can make a Twitter page...you're not bigger, better, smarter than anyone else, because noone knows who you are

     

    Grammar, schooling, spelling........noone cares, nor does it matter.....accept these facts and you will find its a beautiful place here.....drop the coloured text too.....that's quite sad

     

     

    Do you not realize that you just did what you just were posting about? LOL!!

     

    It classic Internet misdirection. Someone(Me), slammed something that you like, then YOU turn around and attack that persons character as an attempt to discredit that persons statements, because you can't do it with facts about the subject matter.

     

    How about you go try that tactic on someone that will fall for your neophyte techniques & insults.

     

    Stop trying to make excuses for him to not have to verify his experience on the subject at hand. It has EVERYTHING to do with the merit of his claims.

    I'm not making excuses for "him", whoever him might be

     

    I mererly formed my opinion by what I have read on your posts.

     

    Try toning your sanctamonius platitudes down a little, everyone can use big words, just most of us are not an@l enough too

  • 105. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?
    brandaman

    CYNDICATE wrote:

     

    brandaman wrote:

     

    Honestly, this stuff is common knowledge to anyone that is even slightly tech savvy. If he's apparently a game developer, he can't be a very good one.

     

    Then why is it, that on EVERY SINGLE POINT I have made, you deny it and call me "stupid", then I turn around and direct proof from MULTIPLE sources on the SAME POINT, proving you completely wrong?

     

     

    Seriously, if this is such "Common Knowledge", then why are you ALWAYS getting it wrong?

     

    You could have "worded it differently"?

     

    I don't think so kid.

    You tried to attack a person on a forum by lying and acting like you knew something that you didn't.

     

    That's called getting caught "red-handed"

     

    I thought you were into this whole "I always admit it when I'm wrong.", thing.

     

     

    brandaman wrote:

     

    Here's a better source with more detail:

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-1gb-360-disc-upgrade.

     

    Here we go, DIRECTLY from your source that you posted in your link.

     

     

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-1gb-360-disc-upgrade  wrote:

     

    The maximum space allocated to game data on the current disc format is just 6.8GB out of a maximum of 7.95GB on a standard dual layer DVD, with over 1GB dedicated to a DVD-Video partition that also contained anti-piracy security sectors.

     

     

    The 1GB is taken up by the default VIDEO sector, NOT "Anti-Piracy".

     

    The "Anti-Piracy" you are talking about are BAD SECTORS ON THE DISC. They literally take up 1 "bit". When the disc is pressed, they purposely insert a few bad sectors on the disc, because cd/dvd/bd burners cannot replicate the bad sectors. They take up no space at all.

     

    So it is EXACTLY what I said it was. It is NOT a new disc format. They are just changing the data that goes ON the disc. They are removing a large section of the video portion of the disc, allowing developers to reclaim that space from the original dual layer DVD.

     

    They are the SAME EXACT MEDIA.

     

    BTW, your link also had this to say:

     

     

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-1gb-360-disc-upgrade  wrote:

     

    Astonishingly, this meant that the last generation PlayStation 2 had a higher level of raw storage available to games developers than the newer Xbox 360.

     

    !!OUCH!!

     

    What even makes you think that you have any type of authority or intimate knowledge on this subject anyways?

     

    Tell me your first hand knowledge about how you "know" these things.

     

    Did you go to school to be a developer/programmer?

    What languages do you program in?

    What is your job?

     

     

    Waiting,...

     

    Oh looky here, Mr Cyndicate completely ignored what the Battlefield 3 dev had to say. For the SECOND time! I think that suggests something...

     

    Now, this was the whole argument. This is what started it off. I started saying that games are not run at 1080p on consoles. You came over telling me I was wrong. YOU started this argument, not me. YOU incorrectly called me out on being wrong.

     

    The BF3 dev says that BF3 is run at 1280x704. You ignore that. I also posted two or three articles about how CoD4 was only run at 600p. You ignore them. THIS is what I want you to acknowledge. I don't give sh*t about the other stuff. I proved you wrong that upscaling doesn't make the quality hugely better, you ignored that. Yes, I may have said it a bit unclearly first off, but I reworded it, and it proves you wrong, so you ignore it. I don't even care about that. You may have technically been right with the 360 discs, but my point was still true - the capacity was expanded.

     

    Now, and I'm going to say this in big, bold letters so you actually notice it:

     

    ANSWER ME THIS. IF ALL CONSOLE GAMES ARE RUN AT 1080P, THEN WHY DOES THE BATTLEFIELD 3 RENDERING ARCHITECT SAY BF3 IS RENDERED AT 1280x704? WHY DO THOSE MULTIPLE ARTICLES I LINKED SAY THAT COD IS RENDERED AT 600P, NOT 1080P?

     

    ANSWER THIS QUESTION. THAT IS THE PRIORITY. IF YOU ONLY ANSWER ONE THING, ANSWER THAT DAMN QUESTION.

     

     

     

    Quite honestly, in my personal opinion, I think you're an idiot. You're rude, you talk down to people, you seem to think you know everything even though you're consistently getting proven wrong. You even started getting rude to that Forest_Gump guy, and he didn't even do anything wrong. Drop the attitude.

     

    And I'm in a perfectly good place to speak about this, for a good few reasons.

     

    1 - I've used computers my entire life. I spend a huge portion of my life on computers. I know my stuff.

     

    2 - This stuff (console games usually not being rendered at 1080p) is common knowledge. Everyone with experience with computers knows that. You honestly can't be a game developer if you think that all console games are rendered at 1080p. Furthermore, you didn't provide any proof when it was requested. You didn't show me your dev console, you didn't prove it in any way, shape, or form. Busted. I don't believe you're a game developer for one second. Did you know I'm a fireman, the CEO of Intel, and an intergalactic space ranger?

     

    3 - I am studying computing. I know what I'm talking about. Programming experience isn't neccesary to talk about a console game's rendering resolution, so I don't know why you're bringing that up. However, for the sake of it, we've been learning basic third generation languages such as Java and C++ (and not really a programming language as such, but HTML).

     

    You happy now?

     

    And just to be sure, here are those undisputable sources again:

     

    Eurogamer article about Black Ops performance on PS3 and 360:

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-black-ops-faceoff

     

    Joystiq article about CoD4 rendering at 600p:

    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/22/call-of-duty-4-not-hd-only-600p-claim-pixel-co unters/

     

    BF3 Rendering Architect saying BF3 runs as 1280x704:

    https://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/111184500096110592

     

    SO, ARE YOU GOING TO CONTEST IT EVEN MORE?

     

     

    Edit: Still waiting...

  • 106. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    Stop arguing about what the ******* game runs at!

     

    That's not what's this thread is about. Stay on topic people

     

     

    I simply want to have 720p rendering to youtube.. I want what was promised and advertised..

     

    Give the PS3 what the xbox already has HD rendering

     

     

    Now keep bumping this thread till someone from IW answers

  • 107. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?
    brandaman

    iFCW wrote:

     

    Stop arguing about what the ******* game runs at!

     

    That's not what's this thread is about. Stay on topic people

     

     

    I simply want to have 720p rendering to youtube.. I want what was promised and advertised..

     

    Give the PS3 what the xbox already has HD rendering

     

     

    Now keep bumping this thread till someone from IW answers

     

    Hey, we're getting you free bumps, so you should be happy.

  • 108. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?
    brandaman

    Just noticed I linked the wrong thing for the BF3 dev, and it won't let me edit, so I'll just leave it here:

     

    https://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/111184500096110592

     

    Edit: Managed to edit it now.

  • 109. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    Bump. Dunno if the last post was recent because the forum doesnt run on Aussie time. (Or does it? the forum layout sucks....) I have clips filling up the 24 slots I have waiting to go to youtube.

     

    Oh and IW, don't tell M$ their bribe is working, because no idiot would buy an Xbox because it has 1-3 more features THAT WERE PROMISED TO BE ON PS3 on CoD. If anything you are losing game sales.

1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next