1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 197 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2012 6:46 AM by ImPissed Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    brandaman wrote:

     

    CYNDICATE wrote:

     

    Before proclaiming that other people are idiots, you might want to pay attention to what you, yourself are saying/typing.

     

    Read your post again.

    Woo, I made a typo. My point was still made, and that is why you ignored the rest of the post. I proved you wrong.

     

     

    Supermanman wrote:

     

       

    I dont think so, my outputs are hdmi, the vids look hdmi in my theater vault, but when they upload they become blurry and just plain crap. brandaman it would be nice if you would stop defending activision and making excuses why they have not provided the service they advertised. I bet if you paid for a horse and got a camel you'd be cool with that too. Thats why there is no such thing as customer service any more. This isnt an arguement about what the system actually does, its a plain fact that xbox has better quality uploads, but the xbox does not have better video quality built into the system.

     

    XBOX games are on dvd rom

     

    PS3 games are on blu ray discs


     

    1. I'm not defending Activision. I'm just saying there may be a logical reason behind it. Next time I'll just mindlessly complain instead of looking for possible causes.

     

    2. The disc format is irrelevent. I'm not quite sure why you're bringing that up.

     

    I didn't ignore anything.

    It's funny you mention "proof", considering I POSTED PICTURES OF IT!! LOL!

    How is the disc format irrelevant? I would say that the ability to hold 300+ Gigs on a single disc is completely relevant.

  • 91. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?
    brandaman

    CYNDICATE wrote:

     

    I didn't ignore anything.

    It's funny you mention "proof", considering I POSTED PICTURES OF IT!! LOL!

    How is the disc format irrelevant? I would say that the ability to hold 300+ Gigs on a single disc is completely relevant.

     

    My God you're ignorant.

     

    Look genius. MW3 is rendered at 1024x600. All MW titles do. Black Ops was rendered at a slightly higher 1040x608 on 360, and a slightly lower 960x544 on PS3. I'm not sure what you want from me. I'm giving you the FACTS here. Countless people have backed me up, too, and you ignore them.

     

    Very rarely are games rendered at 1080p on console.

     

    Battlefield 3 is at 1280x704 on both.

     

    Crysis 2 is at 1024x720 on PS3, 1152x720 on 360.

     

    Fallout 3 is at 1280x720 on both, but the PS3 has no anti-aliasing.

     

    Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is at 1280x720 on both.

     

    Uncharted 3 runs at 1280x720.

     

    Gears of War 3 runs at 1280x720.

     

     

    Do you need anything else?

     

    Here's the freaking source http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

     

    Stop being an idiot and just admit you're wrong.

     

    My games say 1080p too! But they still don't render at 1080p!

     

    http://i.imgur.com/dumJZ.jpg

     

    http://i.imgur.com/vZk3W.jpg

     

     

     

    And lolwut? Since when do Blu Ray discs hold 300+GB of data? You're making yourself look more and more stupid by the minute.

     

    A single layer Blu Ray disc holds 25GB. Dual layer holds 50GB. Derp. Even if it was a double sided disc (which games and movies aren't) then it would only hold 100GB at most. Even if it were a triple layer, double sided disc, that I don't think are even being produced yet, that would still be only 150GB!

     

    Herp Derp.

     

    Also, Xbox discs have around 10GB capacity. About 1.5GB is taken up by anti-piracy, which leaves about 8.5GB. Plenty for most.

  • 92. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    yes im using a 40" plazmaHDTV with a HDMI cable....i want my redering to youtube

  • 94. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    The console has to be putting out HD (either through HDMI or component video).

  • 95. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    brandaman wrote:

     

    My God you're ignorant.

     

    Look genius. MW3 is rendered at 1024x600. All MW titles do. Black Ops was rendered at a slightly higher 1040x608 on 360, and a slightly lower 960x544 on PS3. I'm not sure what you want from me. I'm giving you the FACTS here. Countless people have backed me up, too, and you ignore them.

     

    Very rarely are games rendered at 1080p on console.

     

    Battlefield 3 is at 1280x704 on both.

     

    Crysis 2 is at 1024x720 on PS3, 1152x720 on 360.

     

    Fallout 3 is at 1280x720 on both, but the PS3 has no anti-aliasing.

     

    Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is at 1280x720 on both.

     

    Uncharted 3 runs at 1280x720.

     

    Gears of War 3 runs at 1280x720.

     

     

    Do you need anything else?

     

    Here's the freaking source http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

     

    Stop being an idiot and just admit you're wrong.

     

    My games say 1080p too! But they still don't render at 1080p!

     

    http://i.imgur.com/dumJZ.jpg

     

    http://i.imgur.com/vZk3W.jpg

     

     

     

    And lolwut? Since when do Blu Ray discs hold 300+GB of data? You're making yourself look more and more stupid by the minute.

     

    A single layer Blu Ray disc holds 25GB. Dual layer holds 50GB. Derp. Even if it was a double sided disc (which games and movies aren't) then it would only hold 100GB at most. Even if it were a triple layer, double sided disc, that I don't think are even being produced yet, that would still be only 150GB!

     

    Herp Derp.

     

    Also, Xbox discs have around 10GB capacity. About 1.5GB is taken up by anti-piracy, which leaves about 8.5GB. Plenty for most.

     

     

    Not a single knowledgeable person has backed you up, not one.

    And of course you would site a FORUM as your "Proof". LOL!!

     

    I'm glad that your threshold of "fact checking" is so low.

    So I will hold you to that on all future debates with you.

     

     

    As far as those horrible quality pictures of game-boxes you posted,..

    Notice how it says "HDTV" on the box.

     

    This is a LEGAL tactic by Microsoft, that allows them to print that, because legally, it WILL play on any "HDTV" running the advertised format. That has NOTHING to do with the game itself.

     

    I also think you have no idea what-so-ever, what the term "Render" actually means in computer programming or game development.

     

    If the game itself outputs the video @ 1080P, then it is RENDERED in 1080P.

     

     

    Now as far as your absurd and ignorant claims about BluRay discs and the amounts they can hold, I hope you enjoy the following.

     

     

    200GB Blu Ray Discs:

     

    http://wesleytech.com/200gb-blu-ray-disc-with-8-layers-developed-by-hitachi/212/

     

     

    320GB Blu Ray Discs:

     

    http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/10/02/tdk-creates-320gb-10-layer-blu-ray-dis c/

     

    http://news.techworld.com/storage/3203791/tdk-creates-320gb-10-layer-blu-ray-dis c/

     

    http://www.ps3news.com/PC-Tech/tdk-unveils-new-320gb-10-layer-blu-ray-disc-in-de velopment/

     

     

    400GB Blu Ray Discs:

     

    http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1484

     

    http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/07/pioneers-blu-ray-disc-hits-400gb/

     

    http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pioneer-unveils-400gb-blu-ray-disc-41683 7

     

    http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/02/pioneer-shows-off-16-layer-400gb-blu-ray-disc -affirms-compatibi/

     

     

     

    500GB Blu Ray Discs:

     

    http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1616

     

    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2008/08/06/pioneer_develops_500gb_blu- ray_compatible_disc

     

    http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2008/08/pioneer-gives-bd-room-to-grow-with- 20-layer-500gb-disc.ars

     

     

    1TB(1,000GB) Blu Ray Discs:

     

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/storage/display/20101012234029_TDK_Demonstrates_1TB _Blu_Ray_Disc.html

     

    http://www.neoseeker.com/news/9331-1tb-blu-ray-disc-planned/

     

    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Blu-ray-dvd-movie,5502.html

     

    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Blu-ray-CEATEC-2010-BDXL-ODD-light-transmittance,new s-8279.html

     

    http://www.techradar.com/news/video/pioneer-1tb-blu-ray-disc-in-the-works-490214

     

     

     

    And No, your X-Box dual layer DVD does NOT have "around 10GB with 1.5GB is taken up by anti-piracy, which leaves about 8.5GB.". ALL dual layer DVD's have 8.5GB of space, PERIOD. Only around 7.9GB is actually usable, because the Table of Contents and other data error prevention mechanisms take some of the space.

     

    So it is YOU lying through your teeth, while trying to "impress" people on the internet.

     

    Now, do YOU need anything else?

     

    Dealt-with.

  • 96. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?
    brandaman

    CYNDICATE wrote:

     

    Not a single knowledgeable person has backed you up, not one.

    And of course you would site a FORUM as your "Proof". LOL!!

     

    I'm glad that your threshold of "fact checking" is so low.

    So I will hold you to that on all future debates with you.

     

     

    As far as those horrible quality pictures of game-boxes you posted,..

    Notice how it says "HDTV" on the box.

     

    This is a LEGAL tactic by Microsoft, that allows them to print that, because legally, it WILL play on any "HDTV" running the advertised format. That has NOTHING to do with the game itself.

     

    I also think you have no idea what-so-ever, what the term "Render" actually means in computer programming or game development.

     

    If the game itself outputs the video @ 1080P, then it is RENDERED in 1080P.

     

     

    Now as far as your absurd and ignorant claims about BluRay discs and the amounts they can hold, I hope you enjoy the following.

     

     

     

    And No, your X-Box dual layer DVD does NOT have "around 10GB with 1.5GB is taken up by anti-piracy, which leaves about 8.5GB.". ALL dual layer DVD's have 8.5GB of space, PERIOD. Only around 7.9GB is actually usable, because the Table of Contents and other data error prevention mechanisms take some of the space.

     

    So it is YOU lying through your teeth, while trying to "impress" people on the internet.

     

    Now, do YOU need anything else?

     

    Dealt-with.

     

    Oh my God. You just don't understand anything. You're just ridiculous.

     

    You know what? Those guys over at the Beyond3D forums are used by everyone in the industry. They know what they're talking about. Do you seriously think they would go through the trouble of listing hundreds of game resolutions just for lolz? Even though they apparently run at 1080p on incredibly old hardware, and still run at 60fps? Yet mid range PC's (which are way more powerful than consoles) can't even do that?

     

    Hell, they even show you how they find out!

     

    But oh my word, CALL OF DUTY DOES NOT RUN AT 1080P. WHY DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

     

    Here's a (disputable) source, since it's from a forum:

     

    http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26152296



    Here's multiple sources from articles, which are undisputable:

     

    An article showing comparisons between PS3 and 360 on Black Ops, stating the resolution for both:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-black-ops-faceoff

     

    An article about how Call of Duty 4 is sub-HD, just like Halo 3:

    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/22/call-of-duty-4-not-hd-only-600p-claim-pixel-co unters/

     

    An finally, a BF3 dev states how BF3 runs at 1280x704. You can't even argue now:

    https://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/111184500096110592

     

    Now feel free to keep thinking you're right, because I just proved you're not. Even a game developer agrees with me. I mean, it's not like a developer on one of the biggest games in the world is going to know, but someone who can't even spell "cite" is. If you keep thinking you're right, I honestly think my brain is going to explode from your stupidity. It's one thing to not know this, since it's not common knowledge, but then to go on and on thinking you're right about it is just idiotic. ADMIT THAT YOU'RE WRONG.

     

    "This is a LEGAL tactic by Microsoft, that allows them to print that, because legally, it WILL play on any "HDTV" running the advertised format. That has NOTHING to do with the game itself."

     

    If that's so, then why did you try and use it as proof that your games run at 1080p? I think we've got a hypocrite in the building.

     

    Also, you are the one that has no idea what rendering is, lol. The game is rendered at a set resolution. Just like when you render a video. This is quite a good comparison actually:

     

    If I have a VGA video camera (records in 480p), I can take the source video that I've recorded and put it into a video editor such as Sony Vegas. I can then do whatever with it, then the time comes to render it. I can render this video in 1080p, if I want. If I do that, it doesn't just magically add the pixels to the original clip. It will still be in 480p. IT JUST UPSCALES. The same is with the games. I play a game at 600p, that it is rendered at, which is the source, then my console upscales it to whatever resolution I told it to.

     

    And okay, maybe I was wrong about the Blu Ray thing. At least I actually admit it, unlike some. Either way, PS3 discs don't need that much disc space. They will use single/dual layer discs, which are 25GB and 50GB respectively. Anything above that is too expensive for the average consumer, normally. The extra disc space doesn't do anything. The only time it matters is when there is a big game involved, such as RAGE or LA Noire. It doesn't make the graphics any better.

     

    And guess what, genius? Xbox doesn't use standard DVD's. Dual Layered DVD's (what the Xbox 360 used to use) hold ~8.5GB of data. About 1.5GB was taken up by anti-piracy. It left around 6.7GB I believe. For example, here is a picture of the space taken up by LA Noire being installed, which was on the old disc format, and was on 3 discs, so the maximum capacity was used:

    http://i.imgur.com/fTQ7c.jpg

     

    Then here is MW3, where the new disc format was used:

    http://i.imgur.com/eBJV1.jpg

     

    As you can see, MW3 takes up 7.6GB which was way more than possible with standard DVDs previously.

     

    Proof: http://www.1up.com/news/xbox-36-new-disc-format-testers-wanted

     

    Okay, now you know you're wrong, admit it.

  • 97. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    LOL!! Look at you trying to avoid the FACTS that I posted.

     

     

    brandaman wrote:

     

    "This is a LEGAL tactic by Microsoft, that allows them to print that, because legally, it WILL play on any "HDTV" running the advertised format. That has NOTHING to do with the game itself."

     

    If that's so, then why did you try and use it as proof that your games run at 1080p? I think we've got a hypocrite in the building.

     

    Maybe because on the PS3 games it doesn't say "HDTV", you dolt.

    If you would have looked at the images, you would have seen that PS3 Games print "HD Video Output" on the box. This HAS to be the legal REAL rendering output of the game.

     

     

    brandaman wrote:

     

    If I have a VGA video camera (records in 480p), I can take the source video that I've recorded and put it into a video editor such as Sony Vegas. I can then do whatever with it, then the time comes to render it. I can render this video in 1080p, if I want. If I do that, it doesn't just magically add the pixels to the original clip. It will still be in 480p. IT JUST UPSCALES. The same is with the games. I play a game at 600p, that it is rendered at, which is the source, then my console upscales it to whatever resolution I told it to.

     

    Now that is REALLY funny. That is EXACTLY what "upscaling" does, "just magically add the pixels to the original clip."

     

    Upscaling:

    Definition: Upscaling is a process that mathematically matches the pixel count of the output of a standard or non-hi-def signal (such as standard DVD) to the physical pixel count on an HDTV, which is typically 1280x720 (720p) or 1920x1080 (1080i or 1080p).

     

    So you see, it DOES add the needed pixels to match the desired output.

    The difference is when the console does this, then sends an analog signal to the TV, VS The TV rending the signal from a true digital source like a REAL DIGITAL HDMI Signal.

     

    Hows that 150Gig Blu Ray limit of yours doing?

     

    How about that BS 10GIG Dual Layer DVD your XBox uses, with 1.5 GBS dedicated to "Piracy Prevention"?

     

    Even though ALL Dual Layer DVDs are 8.5GB.

     

    You posted a link about a "New Disc Format" for the XBox, that had ZERO technical information.

     

    BTW, the "FORMAT" is about COMPRESSION of the data, NOT the physical structure of the disc.

     

    Kind of hard to roll out a "New Format" on hardware that cannot be changed.

     

    You are now just desperately hoping someone believes you.

     

    BTW, let me help you out a little bit.

     

    I am a developer. I have a Dev ID, Dev Console and ALL of the libraries.

     

    I would say I know just a tad bit more on this subject.

  • 98. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?
    brandaman

    CYNDICATE wrote:

     

    LOL!! Look at you trying to avoid the FACTS that I posted.

     

     

    brandaman wrote:

     

    "This is a LEGAL tactic by Microsoft, that allows them to print that, because legally, it WILL play on any "HDTV" running the advertised format. That has NOTHING to do with the game itself."

     

    If that's so, then why did you try and use it as proof that your games run at 1080p? I think we've got a hypocrite in the building.

     

    Maybe because on the PS3 games it doesn't say "HDTV", you dolt.

    If you would have looked at the images, you would have seen that PS3 Games print "HD Video Output" on the box. This HAS to be the legal REAL rendering output of the game.

     

     

    brandaman wrote:

     

    If I have a VGA video camera (records in 480p), I can take the source video that I've recorded and put it into a video editor such as Sony Vegas. I can then do whatever with it, then the time comes to render it. I can render this video in 1080p, if I want. If I do that, it doesn't just magically add the pixels to the original clip. It will still be in 480p. IT JUST UPSCALES. The same is with the games. I play a game at 600p, that it is rendered at, which is the source, then my console upscales it to whatever resolution I told it to.

     

    Now that is REALLY funny. That is EXACTLY what "upscaling" does, "just magically add the pixels to the original clip."

     

    Upscaling:

    Definition: Upscaling is a process that mathematically matches the pixel count of the output of a standard or non-hi-def signal (such as standard DVD) to the physical pixel count on an HDTV, which is typically 1280x720 (720p) or 1920x1080 (1080i or 1080p).

     

    So you see, it DOES add the needed pixels to match the desired output.

    The difference is when the console does this, then sends an analog signal to the TV, VS The TV rending the signal from a true digital source like a REAL DIGITAL HDMI Signal.

     

    Hows that 150Gig Blu Ray limit of yours doing?

     

    How about that BS 10GIG Dual Layer DVD your XBox uses, with 1.5 GBS dedicated to "Piracy Prevention"?

     

    Even though ALL Dual Layer DVDs are 8.5GB.

     

    You posted a link about a "New Disc Format" for the XBox, that had ZERO technical information.

     

    BTW, the "FORMAT" is about COMPRESSION of the data, NOT the physical structure of the disc.

     

    Kind of hard to roll out a "New Format" on hardware that cannot be changed.

     

    You are now just desperately hoping someone believes you.

     

    BTW, let me help you out a little bit.

     

    I am a developer. I have a Dev ID, Dev Console and ALL of the libraries.

     

    I would say I know just a tad bit more on this subject.

    So let me get this straight. You say I ignore your "facts", which you posted none of. Then you go on to completely ignore me when I proved you wrong about the games being run at 1080p?

     

    I EVEN HAD THE LEAD RENDERING ARCHITECT FOR BF3 SAY IT WAS RENDERED AT 1280x704. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?

     

    I've got news for you buddy, the stuff on the PS3 case isn't what the game is run at, okay. BF3 dev says otherwise. Every other dev in the universe says otherwise.

     

     

     

    And okay, maybe I could've worded the upscaling part a bit better. It obviously adds pixels to the video, but it doesn't make the quality any better. For example:

     

    This is a native 1080p video. Recorded in 1080p:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg-gIbBah1M

     

    This is a 480p video, upscaled to 1080p:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElyCX6r3Cmg

     

    See the difference? I can.

     

     

    Tell me, if the new disc format is to do with compression, then it would still hit the same limit of around 6.7GB. It would just allow more data on, because it was compressed better. How does it then fit 7.6GB onto a disc with a 6.7GB limit? Derp.

     

    Here's a better source with more detail:

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-1gb-360-disc-upgrade

     

     

     

    So what's your excuse for ignoring the BF3 dev? Hmm? And all of those articles I posted? Just going to pretend they don't exist, are you?

     

     

    And also, I pray to God you're not a game developer. You seem to know nothing about anything, and I'm sure you would completely butcher any game you work on.

     

    So, what games have you worked on? Want to show proof of your dev console?

  • 99. Re: Why is The XBOX getting HD rendering to YouTube and ps3 is not?

    Welcome ladies and gentleman to the 35th annual smarty pants-off!

     

    I wouldn't trust that guy just because he types in neon green overly large old font styles.

     

    If you can't say it right, say it bright!!!!

     

    By the way he got. . . hmm. . . one, two, three, four. . . twelve, thirteen

     

    Screw it

     

    He got 'PolyPwned'

1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next