20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2011 8:07 AM by sfuxl3gend412y RSS

Is MW3 too easy?

obzi

First of all can I say I'm not good player and in fact I'm not even in the ball park of most of you guys, my reactions are just not quick enough, I'm not young and I had cancer some years ago which has messed me up a little but I love the game and so I still play.  That said I'm getting kill streaks way higher than I have with MW2, BLOPs, if I swap back to them I'm just as bad as I always was.  The big issue I have is the kill streaks are too easy to get and so the MW3 skies are constantly filled with more aircraft than the Royal Air Force has!  There's just too much going on, in a game of TDM yesterday you could hardly move because all hell had let loose, constant Hueys, Attack helis, Ospreys, etc, etc from both sides, it's chaos!  Even I had a 12 kill streak, I have never EVER had that before.  I would like to see the kill streaks harder to achieve, make an Attack helicopter 12 kills instead of just 7, a Pavelow 18 kills instead of 12, if a totally crap player like me can get these then it's all too easy.

• Re: Is MW3 too easy?
    slyaudio

Maybe you are just getting better at the game? While it wasnt uncommon for me to get a 12+ streak on MW2, sometimes I struggle to make a predator appear in a single match.

obzi

I just feel every game (especially the second half) there are too many kill streaks being reached,  the sky is crammed, bullets and bombs everywhere and it kind of gets in the way of the game because everyone takes cover.  There's no way I'm getting better, obzi is the name and getting killed is clearly my game.

Hey obzi,

I have to laugh at this post !! I am clearly in the same boat! I have been blitzing the opposition in MW3 and lapping it up. though i like to use support and get the team across the line. SOme call me a camper but i find a position and play my style in a support role.

Or I always flank the main firefight and kill from up the rear, silenced weapon.

Its no point in running from one side of the map to the other. because i kno im going to get hammered, like you im slower to react than the younger players.

Now, onto your post. I just think my style of play is better suited to this version for the moment, as everyone is running around to rank up and not taking a strategic approach to the gameplay. As the last post perhaps your just improving and or your game style is suited as is mine.

Add me if you wish.. Pukingdogg (Gamer Tag).

The amount of auto aim in this game is disgusting. Don't actually feel like I'm playing bar getting in good positions. The computer is just aiming for me pratically.

I am not finding it easier or finding that the auto aim is too good, there seems to be no trace of auto aim for me (Maybe this is due to slight lag though)

jamesafc

Every COD is fairly easy but this one is a lot more challenging IMO.

A lot of the top players actually have lower KDs in MW3 compared to previous titles..

It's not for me, seem to be struggling with this one. I like to run and gun but keep coming up against 2 or 3 enemies at a time, i need to try and slow down a bit. There is a lot of action in the air but the stinger soon sorts that out and also helps you towards your own killstreaks.

vims1990

I can agree to that.

A 4 K/D player in Black Ops (some of the best players on YouTube) have at least a 2 - 3 K/D in MW3.

Reason for this is the map layout, the bullet damage & the spawns.

Back in Black Ops, you could sponge bullets at players who could not get use to recoil. In MW2, bullet damage is higher & recoil is somewhat non-existant compared to Black Ops.

To me, this is much harder than Black Ops. Maps can create hectic CQC scenarios which you cannot escape. I've had enemy players spawn behind me (the "payback" spawn system). I do rush but in MW3, you have to be careful in what route you take. The spawn system is a bit iffy at the moment.

jamesafc wrote:

A lot of the top players actually have lower KDs in MW3 compared to previous titles..

agreed, I managed a 1.50 in CoD4 2.20 in MW2 2.6 in Blk Ops and in MW3? a 1.4 -.- I love it IMO its like Im playing CoD for the first time again =)

sweatyclam

The Royal Air force does not have many aircraft these days........

owlan

The answer is no, it is not too easy.

sirsmug

MW3 is the easiest Cod of the lot, it has been designed to be Noob friendly to encourage people to buy it not get owned then they will buy the next one. I have played all the cods maxed out prestiges on them and its just so easy for a vet that it gets boring.

Your saying this off of three days exp. and playing pub matches... You're a retard!

obzi

Well AnTixZ, as the OP I guess it's me your calling a retard.  I posted a question (yes a question) on the forum to get other peoples opinions based on my experience and far higher than normal kills so far and yes, we all know when lauch day was.  Some people said no but some also said yes so I guess your calling them retards too.  Funnily enough, that seems to be a common habit of yours despite you only having made 12 posts, most of them seem to be you calling people retards, trolls and going off on various rants against whatever the post is about, I can't see a single one where you post an answer that is is helpful or of any value to the forum which consist of a whole range of people of different ages, knowledge, ability, etc.  As for being a retard, I'm 46 and run a manufacturing company that currently employs 327 people, we produce components that are sold to over 40 countries and our NET profit last year was in the millions, not thousands but millions.  Not bad for a retard.

i wish i found it as easy as you lot i dnot know whats going on but im doing terrible at the game i doesnt matter what i do i always come off second best

kourtvizion

I am with you man. 

I dont know but I seem to lose all CQC situations to someone hip firing with an UMP. 

I generally stick to AR's so I guess I am at a disadvantage unless I can create some space between myself and a target but I have watched a few kill cams where the guy sprays with an UMP and takes me down after I hit him a couple times.

I finished MW2 with a 1.6 kdr.  And thats where I am in MW3 in TDM.  I have been playing Kill confirmed a lot so I dont care about my KDR in kill confirmed. It's all about the tags!

The learning curve for the maps is really hitting me though.  I am making a lot of silly mistakes like running past doorways where guys are laying down aiming down their sights.  I expect it to get a lot better once they smooth out some of the roughness we are experiencing right now.

im a good cod player ,not blowing my trumpet .i have a 3 kd black ops and a 2.4 mw2 and i rush,however i find in this game if i rush i will get beasted,i had a 3.5 kd yesterday morning and now its at 2.39,this game is the hardest cod to date in my opinion.

Also i dislike the support streak as i think it rewards bad players,

i would hate to be a first time cod player on mw3 i think ppl would really get ruined.

im a good cod player ,not blowing my trumpet .i have a 3 kd black ops and a 2.4 mw2 and i rush,however i find in this game if i rush i will get beasted,i had a 3.5 kd yesterday morning and now its at 2.39,this game is the hardest cod to date in my opinion.

Also i dislike the support streak as i think it rewards bad players,

i would hate to be a first time cod player on mw3 i think ppl would really get ruined.

kourtvizion

I think the kill streaks are fairly accurate.  It really depends on the game mode. 

Matches are to 7500 in TDM so expecting to get 18 kills in a row or 24% percent of your teams kills in a row is pretty challenging.  Of course I used the highest killstreak but even a more common killstreak Big Bird Guard (9 kills)  is still 12% of your teams kills.

Plus you have the option of taking out a stinger and taking them down.  It helps your team and yourself. 

I have yet to encounter a Osprey gunner or Juggernaut acquired by reaching the set targets.  They always come through a care package.