13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2011 2:00 AM by gallp13 RSS

Mp Game breaking lag

conman2010

i find it almost impossible to kill some on this game. sounds like alot of other people are aswell. One thing i do no is we all dnt need to keep trying to fix our internet cause it is not broken it is the games network coding. i love all cods i have been a true cod fan since cod 3 . i can play really well on all of them as it shows in my mw3 player card. now this is a totally different story i feel unfairly disadvantaged and alot of my cod vet crew does aswell. we are all finished with this until a word or a fix comes out as this is unnaceptable this was meant to be my Multiplayer game for the year like all other cods im so disapointed.

some things that have happened

1. shooting guy in back spins round kills me on hardcore ( really ?)

2. constant shot in back after spawning (nice)

3. head markers in hardcore ? ( realistic)

4. run into guy running aswell and die before i get to aim ( i have not won a battle like this yet)

5. i empty whole clip into guy -- kill cam says no . now i no people say this is not a true scale video well it recorded me dieing why can it not record my bullets comming out ? i no why because they didnt the dudes about 3 seconds ahead of me> (fact)

this is serious and i hope they take notice .. i will not be buying another call of duty game if this does not get fixed asap. im actually feeling really unhappy that i bought this game in this state.

to all the guys that have got it good i wish i was in your position but please dnt come on here saying im fine as this does not help everyone in my postition that need to get this major mp breaking problem solved. Thank you

• Re: Mp Game breaking lag

A title update is going live for #MW3 on Xbox 360 right now. Includes improvements to matchmaking & fix for video uploads on SD TVs. Connectivity patch coming as well.

Its already been announced its getting fixed soon.

Rich_J

I am pretty sure the update that was released yesterday was the update your speaking of.

im so confused i come on here an the whole forum is complaining about lag.i honestly have had none maybe a bit here an there and my whole friend list has no isseus either its must be countrys.for me i was amazed at how little lag there is

whatever mate .you must be in a very small minority who arent lagging ,the ps3 version is a joke right now,its worse than black ops was for lag .its ******* up my enjoyment of a potentially good game

Rich_J

I am NOT saying this because I have an Xbox, I used to own a ps3 and loved it. But Xbox has always been better in terms of having less lag for online muliplayer. This doesn't just apply to COD and doesn't apply to ps3 games that run on dedicated servers.

BTW why do everyone keep making posts on the same topic. Its like 10 other ones that you can see visually on the first page but yet people keep making new topics about the same stuff.

In the beginning, the lag was horrific.  Every match was unfairly balanced.  The K/Ds on one team would be 24/2, 18/1, 12/0 10/0. The other team would have 4 kills combined:  1/12, 0 20, 1/13, 0/14, 2/14 etc.  I found this to be happening more in the objective games like Dominiation and Demolition than Kill Confirmed.  That was 2 days ago and things seem to be getting better each and every day.

I too, was questioning my loyalty...  Hang in there....

conman2010

bump plz do not ignore

The lag is a problem and a single patch isn't going to fix the problem. The real problem is that everyone's connection speed is different. With so many people overloading the servers, it's a miracle we have the ability to play this game at all! I have to admit I'm not enjoying the game either because I'm frequently killed by "invisible" players whose connection speed sucks and as a result gives them an unfair advantage.

Link13PGF wrote:

The lag is a problem and a single patch isn't going to fix the problem. The real problem is that everyone's connection speed is different. With so many people overloading the servers, it's a miracle we have the ability to play this game at all! I have to admit I'm not enjoying the game either because I'm frequently killed by "invisible" players whose connection speed sucks and as a result gives them an unfair advantage.

I don't care how many people are playing the damn game right now. MW2 wasn't near this bad at released. Neither was Black Ops. Its not even like they are using dedicated servers FFS. They are using Listen Servers to make us host our own F'ing games. There is no excuse for this sloppy bullshiit lag compensation. They have released enough games by now that they should have at least the basics down. I agree with the OP. This shiit continues and i will be buying different FPS's in the future.

gallp13

"@fourzerotwo: We have several other #MW3 updates we're currently preparing, including SD video uploads, general matchmaking & connectivity improvements."

Suggest tweet 402 with your issues. It appears devs are listens and progressively patching.

Elite issue go to Beachhead

Cheers W