1 2 3 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2012 9:23 AM by buck_wheat3 RSS

The Maps SUCK!!!

First off, let me say that I have over 57, yes you read correctly, 57 DAYS of online play on MW2.  I love all the MW2 maps with the exception of Rust, Highrise, and Scrapyard.  Too many grenade launchers in those maps for me.  Out of the 26 playable maps, those are the only 3 that I didn't like.  All of the MW3 maps are horrible in my opinion.  The maps in MW2 had better flow.  There were areas you could get to that gave you an advantage, i.e. the boat house roof in Estate, the top of the building in Terminal, the top of the building in Kirachi, etc...You can't climb on half of the items in MW3 maps.  Exploring a map and finding areas in private matches on new maps made it exciting and fun.  Plus, if things got too heated up in a match, you knew of a couple of areas that you could get to, catch your breath, and get back into the action.  This isn't an option in the MW3 maps.  There is ALWAYS 3 or 10 ways to get into a house, shack, etc.  I hope that IW considers releasing ALL of the MW1 and MW2 maps to play with in this game.  I hate to think that they won't do this.  Do you think the MW2 maps were better?  I'm curious as to what the rest of the community thinks.

• 1. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

The MW2 maps were obviously better. And I hated MW2. I thought it was just plain bad. But the maps were decent. Favela and Storm were two of the best COD maps ever.

These maps... the only ones I like are Bootleg and Outpost.

I hope they bring Favela back.

• 2. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!
    die5el302

certifiable wrote:

The MW2 maps were obviously better. And I hated MW2. I thought it was just plain bad. But the maps were decent. Favela and Storm were two of the best COD maps ever.

I hope they don`t bring any old maps back we paid for a new mw3 with new maps if i wanted to play favela i`ll put in my mw2 disc thankyou, I DIDN`T PAY FOR THE HARDENED EDITION TO PLAY OLD MAPS

• 3. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

Hi All

MW2 maps were much better :( MW3 Maps are good, but way way to small, I enjoy medium to large Maps that give you a chance to move and fight, without always being on top of each other all of the time.

I would enjoy seeing some of the MW2 Maps in MW3

• 4. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

Hopefully in DLC they release some decent maps, I kinda agree with you that these are poor. Everything is closed in making any long range combat impossible and, as you said, there are so many ways into every room that you can't possibly hide out anywhere. I'm no sniper but, IMO, what's the point of putting sniper rifles in the game when there's no long range areas to use them in?

• 5. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

Normally I would agree. I didn't like that they re-sold us Crash, Overgrown, Vacant, and Strike in MW2. But the MW3 maps are so terrible that I don't trust IW to make decent ones for DLC.

• 6. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

Why do you hope they bring Favela back, that would be recycleing maps again, as mw2 did..

• 7. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

To keep the quickscoping kids happy, is why theres snipers.

• 8. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

**** quick scoping. They want some realism do they not? Real snipers don't run around taking on assault rifles, it just wouldn't work. A sniper should be a sniper, not an assault rifle.

• 9. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

die5el302 wrote:

certifiable wrote:

I hope they don`t bring any old maps back we paid for a new mw3 with new maps if i wanted to play favela i`ll put in my mw2 disc thankyou, I DIDN`T PAY FOR THE HARDENED EDITION TO PLAY OLD MAPS

Personally i dont think this is bad news but you will..... The pc version has been ripped appart and maps from MW2 and COD 4 have been found in there...

1 2 3 Previous Next