1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2012 9:23 AM by buck_wheat3 Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

Lmfao! The maps suck donkey balls ... way to small and to many "tunnel ways". Maps like Afghan, Wasteland etc were really good. I hope they either bring them back or make maps in the similar pattern. Mw3 maps are **** especially dome or w.e I can't even manage to remember their freaking names ...

• 51. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

One more thing about this game.  I can only play about an hour or two at most because of how hectic IW made the maps to be.  I honestly can say I CAN'T wait for the first DLC.  I am PRAYING to whomever will listen at IW, PLEASE, for the love of god, bring back maps from the other 2 MW series!!  Or at least look at them for the design.  I can honestly say that if the maps don't get better, I'll be playing something else....possibly Skyrim, UC3, Batman, and FFXIII-2.  Just sayin....

• 52. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!
    Privx420x

Maybe the maps are all the same cause they want you to get excited for new ones, meaning they are trying to get an extra $50 from everyone.

I don't think they suck but they definetely are all very small and similar. Variety would be nice.

• 53. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!
    maltyz_

i just dont get the thought process behind them, every single map is close quarters.

Im a die hard COD fan, ive loved every single COD from day one. This is by far the worst of them yet, going back to black ops until they fix it and release some maps worth playing.

Any way of getting a refund on Elite?

• 54. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

tedge wrote:

COD4 maps > MW2 maps > setting my balls on fire > MW3 maps

ROFL!

Yeah these maps are pathetic. I could easily make better ones. lol

• 55. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

I don't think you get the complexity involved in creating a map that is balanced.

It sounds like most people are upset at the lack of classic camping spots. So you won't be able to hide up on top of a building and spam noob tubes with OMA. Good riddance.

And not being able to climb on everything? Are you playing a platformer, or a shooter?

I love the new maps, for the most part. I'm tired of people thinking they are clever by hiding in the exact same spots that every other camper likes to pitch their tent and lob noob tubes out of. If you want a place to catch a breather, work with your team to cover a building. There are not so many entrances to buildings that a 6 man team can't lock it down.

• 56. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!
    Snipingdbag

I like some maps, some maps are decent, a few I hate. They clearly did focus on gun on gun action, which is a great thing.

my opinion on all maps;

SEATOWN

A costal town. Narrow streets bring hectic, close encounters.

Mweh to easy to camp on

DOME

Small outpost in the desert. Fast and frantic action.

FUN

ARKADEN

Medium sized German mall. Intense Search & Destroy games.

Epic

BAKAARA

Crash site in an African city. Classic Urban combat.

Like it, good for sniping / scoping / ars

RESISTANCE

Parisian district. Great for Domination and Kill Confirmed.

Mweh, too camp / pre-ads friendly

DOWNTURN

Urban map with wide streets. Good for long and short range fights.

Alright

BOOTLEG

Medium sized Asian market. Fun for all game modes.

Also alright

CARBON

Medium sized refinery. Great for any number of players.

Decent

HARDHAT

A small construction site. Fast paced, close quarter action.

Pretty beast

LOCKDOWN

European city center. Great for Team Defender.

Window camping Heaven

VILLAGE

Large African village. Great for all game modes.

Alright, looks nice too

FALLEN

Derelict Russian ghost town. Great for careful, tactical engagements.

Hate it, balcony camping Heaven

OUTPOST

Large Siberian airbase. Great for epic large battles.

Refuse to play it

INTERCHANGE

Destroyed freeway. Great for a wide range of spaces and styles.

Decent for sniping / scoping / ars

UNDERGROUND

Small subway station. Fast paced action both inside and out.

Beast

MISSION

African colonial settlement. Fight to control the center.

Good mix between ars / smgs

• 57. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

I agree, honestly I just picked up MW3 today, and I tried sooo hard to like it. But honestly I have never been so pissed off and unhappy with a game. There are currently so many things about it I just think are crap and that will hopefully be resolved with some patches. I know a lot of us where probably hoping for an MW2 with no comando lunge, noob toob, one man army, last stand bullshit. You know, just and expanded and polished version, but I'm sad to say that so far this MW3 is not even close, and in my opinon as of now is to full of gimmicky bullshit and cattering to noobs and bad players when you're always going to have them in any game, they always have to learn, catering to them is always going to be a mistake. Sure, make there lives a bit easier, but don't cater to them. Part of the fun of a game is skill progression.

But honestly, one of the thigns that stands out above all the rest, THE SHITTY MAPS! 'Decreased danger spots and power positions', that's crap it takes away the fun and fluid feeling to maps as well as just making games about who has a better connection and  OP guns/perks to win the random gun fights every where. But when you couple these new map designes with all the brand new players, the noobs, the shitty players, the spawn system, it leads to so much bullshit and it's not any where near as fluid feeling as all those great maps used to be.

I agree with some of the other posters, I would love to see some of the greats return . Afghan, Terminal (minus the noob tubes), High Rise, Scrap Yard, all great maps. I don't know Black Ops that well, but a lot of the maps had areas that are way to easy to get traped in with a shitty team, and they're not super balanced with nice flanking or escape routes, as well as not much ariel support cover.

I am an avid Call of Duty fan, a hard core skilled player from COD 3. I put a lot into my game and usually enjoy every minute of it, so I really hope some patches and new maps are in the making! (plus side, glad quick scoping is back, but fix the damn hit markers and hit detection!)

• 58. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

I agree, honestly I just picked up MW3 today, and I tried sooo hard to like it. But honestly I have never been so pissed off and unhappy with a game. There are currently so many things about it I just think are crap and that will hopefully be resolved with some patches. I know a lot of us where probably hoping for an MW2 with no comando lunge, noob toob, one man army, last stand bullshit. You know, just and expanded and polished version, but I'm sad to say that so far this MW3 is not even close, and in my opinon as of now is to full of gimmicky bullshit and cattering to noobs and bad players when you're always going to have them in any game, they always have to learn, catering to them is always going to be a mistake. Sure, make there lives a bit easier, but don't cater to them. Part of the fun of a game is skill progression.

But honestly, one of the thigns that stands out above all the rest, THE SHITTY MAPS! 'Decreased danger spots and power positions', that's crap it takes away the fun and fluid feeling to maps as well as just making games about who has a better connection and  OP guns/perks to win the random gun fights every where. But when you couple these new map designes with all the brand new players, the noobs, the shitty players, the spawn system, it leads to so much bullshit and it's not any where near as fluid feeling as all those great maps used to be.

I agree with some of the other posters, I would love to see some of the greats return . Afghan, Terminal (minus the noob tubes), High Rise, Scrap Yard, all great maps. I don't know Black Ops that well, but a lot of the maps had areas that are way to easy to get traped in with a shitty team, and they're not super balanced with nice flanking or escape routes, as well as not much ariel support cover.

I am an avid Call of Duty fan, a hard core skilled player from COD 3. I put a lot into my game and usually enjoy every minute of it, so I really hope some patches and new maps are in the making! (plus side, glad quick scoping is back, but fix the damn hit markers and hit detection!)

• 59. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next