1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2012 9:23 AM by buck_wheat3 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

I agree, honestly I just picked up MW3 today, and I tried sooo hard to like it. But honestly I have never been so pissed off and unhappy with a game. There are currently so many things about it I just think are crap and that will hopefully be resolved with some patches. I know a lot of us where probably hoping for an MW2 with no comando lunge, noob toob, one man army, last stand bullshit. You know, just and expanded and polished version, but I'm sad to say that so far this MW3 is not even close, and in my opinon as of now is to full of gimmicky bullshit and cattering to noobs and bad players when you're always going to have them in any game, they always have to learn, catering to them is always going to be a mistake. Sure, make there lives a bit easier, but don't cater to them. Part of the fun of a game is skill progression.

• 61. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

I agree, honestly I just picked up MW3 today, and I tried sooo hard to like it. But honestly I have never been so pissed off and unhappy with a game. There are currently so many things about it I just think are crap and that will hopefully be resolved with some patches. I know a lot of us where probably hoping for an MW2 with no comando lunge, noob toob, one man army, last stand bullshit. You know, just and expanded and polished version, but I'm sad to say that so far this MW3 is not even close, and in my opinon as of now is to full of gimmicky bullshit and cattering to noobs and bad players when you're always going to have them in any game, they always have to learn, catering to them is always going to be a mistake. Sure, make there lives a bit easier, but don't cater to them. Part of the fun of a game is skill progression.

But honestly, one of the thigns that stands out above all the rest, THE SHITTY MAPS! 'Decreased danger spots and power positions', that's crap it takes away the fun and fluid feeling to maps as well as just making games about who has a better connection and  OP guns/perks to win the random gun fights every where. But when you couple these new map designes with all the brand new players, the noobs, the shitty players, the spawn system, it leads to so much bullshit and it's not any where near as fluid feeling as all those great maps used to be.

I agree with some of the other posters, I would love to see some of the greats return . Afghan, Terminal (minus the noob tubes), High Rise, Scrap Yard, all great maps. I don't know Black Ops that well, but a lot of the maps had areas that are way to easy to get traped in with a shitty team, and they're not super balanced with nice flanking or escape routes, as well as not much ariel support cover.

I am an avid Call of Duty fan, a hard core skilled player from COD 3. I put a lot into my game and usually enjoy every minute of it, so I really hope some patches and new maps are in the making! (plus side, glad quick scoping is back, but fix the damn hit markers and hit detection!)

• 62. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!
    Snipingdbag

Did you really need to post that 4 times? Bar the retarded spawns & lag spike / frame rate issues, mainly as host, this game is great imo. Maps are good. Yes, some classic maps back would be nice. Yes, more diverse maps would be great. A map like firing range where you can snipe and rush just fine, would be epic, but really the current maps are not half as bad as people are making out, the stupid spawns just f-ck it up. It's harder to camp on you say? Ah, but that's a good thing.

• 63. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

@Snipingdbag, are you serious when you say it's harder to camp?  The maps are so much more congested that almost everyone is hiding on a side of a dumpster or box in an allyway waiting for you to walk/run by.  These maps were meant to stop camping, IMO, it's made it worse.  This game isn't great, it's good.  If they put what they have added in MW3 on the MW2 maps, this would be the PERFECT FPS.....

• 64. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

i agree that this game didnt have much effort put into creating it but its still a call of duty modern warfare game even though cod4 was way better. The maps sucked for me at first I hated playing this game but after around 10 hours of play i got a bit adjusted to them found a good spot in seatown where i always get like 25 kills in a team deathmatch. but i have to say the guns suck and are totally unknown unlike cod4 where u had m16 m4 ak47 mp5 uzi etc. and in cod4 there were so many good sniping spots in mw3 there are ZERO sniping spots because there are barely any buildings in this stupid game. i disagree with activision for putting prestige mode in this game because it goes up to rank 80 and u lose all ur stuff when u enter a new prestige icon. its only meant for those who play this game 24/7 and know they will make it there to the top. cod4 was so fun i had all the golden guns and i was rank 55 10th prestige and was ranked around 3000th in the world in everything in the barracks/leaderboards (i played for 36 days) world at war was good to but i didnt like the world war 2 theme but i liked how they kept it real simple and the same as cod4 just new maps etc (which were good to) i never had a chance to play mw2 or black ops cuz my ps3 was ylod that time but whatever...im sure i will enjoy mw3 the more i get used to it...but activision really messed up this time and they have no idea what they did to deserve this...i wish they wouldve just kept it the same as cod4 their maps were so kool...i remember crash and crossfire and alot of other ones were all decent and always anticipated to wait for to play in...but mw3 what the hell is outpost it snows so much in that map u cant even see the enemies...and no joke on this...the enemies look exactly the same as the allies..like delta force and spetznas look the same u cant tell them apart but in cod4 and world at war u could tell who was the enemy and the allie because they looked completely different in mw3 u gotta guess before u shoot, activision is retarded for releasing such a piece of crap game..i hope they dont ruin modern warfare 4 because if they do...that will be the end of them..long live the cod franchise boo activision.!

• 65. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

i agree that this game didnt have much effort put into creating it but its still a call of duty modern warfare game even though cod4 was way better. The maps sucked for me at first I hated playing this game but after around 10 hours of play i got a bit adjusted to them found a good spot in seatown where i always get like 25 kills in a team deathmatch. but i have to say the guns suck and are totally unknown unlike cod4 where u had m16 m4 ak47 mp5 uzi etc. and in cod4 there were so many good sniping spots in mw3 there are ZERO sniping spots because there are barely any buildings in this stupid game. i disagree with activision for putting prestige mode in this game because it goes up to rank 80 and u lose all ur stuff when u enter a new prestige icon. its only meant for those who play this game 24/7 and know they will make it there to the top. cod4 was so fun i had all the golden guns and i was rank 55 10th prestige and was ranked around 3000th in the world in everything in the barracks/leaderboards (i played for 36 days) world at war was good to but i didnt like the world war 2 theme but i liked how they kept it real simple and the same as cod4 just new maps etc (which were good to) i never had a chance to play mw2 or black ops cuz my ps3 was ylod that time but whatever...im sure i will enjoy mw3 the more i get used to it...but activision really messed up this time and they have no idea what they did to deserve this...i wish they wouldve just kept it the same as cod4 their maps were so kool...i remember crash and crossfire and alot of other ones were all decent and always anticipated to wait for to play in...but mw3 what the hell is outpost it snows so much in that map u cant even see the enemies...and no joke on this...the enemies look exactly the same as the allies..like delta force and spetznas look the same u cant tell them apart but in cod4 and world at war u could tell who was the enemy and the allie because they looked completely different in mw3 u gotta guess before u shoot, activision is retarded for releasing such a piece of crap game..i hope they dont ruin modern warfare 4 because if they do...that will be the end of them..long live the cod franchise boo activision.!

• 66. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

After a few more days of playing this game, I have not changed my mind.  As a matter of fact, it has made me think that the maps not only suck, they are EPIC FAILS!!  I have read numerous forum posts BEGGING IW to fix the spawn problems.  Well, they can't!!  The maps are so damn small that they can't fix them.  They also have programmed a revenge spawn location so you can easily track down the person who just killed you so you can get that REVENGE title.  Don't believe me??  Well ask yourself this....How many times have you killed someone, respawened, and realize that the guy who just killed you is running your direction?  I would bet at least 3-4 times a match.  I can only play this game an hour or so because the maps and spawn systems just make me irritated and not have any type of fun at all.  The guys I play with decided last night to put in MW2 and play it for old times sake.  Guess what happened????  We had a ******* BLAST!!  We laughed, ran around, won, loss, and had a great time for 6 hours.  We didn't noob tube, quick scope, commando lunge, or any other cheap trick that's in MW2 and we won every match except for 2 in 6 hours.  Even if the other team was doing that crap...the maps allowed us to flank them and get the upper hand.  Tell me a map in MW3 that you can do that with??  NONE!!   If anyone wants to play some MW2 later, message me, i'll be on that MW, not this one.

• 67. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!

Its not that the maps are too small, there is just ZERO tactical ability in any cod maps, theres places you can go and fight, and theres places you can go and die. You cant lay ambushes, set traps, you cant do **** other then run around with akimbo weapons and silencers and pray that the team your playing has poor aim so you might get your AC-130. They need for the next cod too make it more team friendly, less lone wolfy, bigger maps, and have game modes of intrest, like take the beach or secure the crash, i duno. like you gota get 75 kills to get off the beach(TDM) then blow the gates(DEMOLITION), Take and hold the base till they route(Headquaters). IIt will make the games last more then a few minutes. and you will have to WORK AS A TEAM. coz at the minute this is far from a team game!

• 68. Re: The Maps SUCK!!!
    buck_wheat3

Myabe the team you play with sucks cause when I play with ym clan we can set traps easy on maps.  Example on outpost you can set up clans in tht bunker tunnel and just storm in and kill them all.  Every map has a place for traps even dome does so idk what you are talking bout.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next