14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 12:21 PM by galbraithy RSS

ERROR: Out of Memory 7?

Mr-Somes

Okay,I have been trying to use theater/Vault and it will not work at all and it keeps telling me ERROR: Out of Memory 7. Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

• Re: ERROR: Out of Memory 7?

i'm not sure how it works exactly. ( i might be wrong) but it basicly is a lag spike in the mw3 servers ( because the theatre mode is in the mw3 servers)

either caused by you, ( connection problems, high ping, ect...)

or by the server itself.

if it re-occurs, just wait. next day should be over. or reset your modem.

atleast, that is what i do. should work fine.

i'm not sure how it works exactly. ( i might be wrong) but it basicly is a lag spike in the mw3 servers ( because the theatre mode is in the mw3 servers)

either caused by you, ( connection problems, high ping, ect...)

or by the server itself.

if it re-occurs, just wait. next day should be over. or reset your modem.

atleast, that is what i do. should work fine.

Mr-Somes

That is not the case. My router & modem are functioning the way they are suppose to. This problem seems to only occur when trying to watch saved Vault games. So the theater does work but not from Vault. I have not yet tried to take a screen capture to see if I get the same but this error sucked for me. I am not saying I need it but it should be fixed.

then it might be the converting from theatre, to the vault. so it can be your internet, even if your connection is fine. i dunno. ask support about it.

Mr-Somes

My internet connection is FINE. People need to stop blaming connections and realize it is the game. I contacted support on other topics since midnight launch and have not got a response. If I call them they will just put me on hold due to all the traffic. Hence why I posted this thread.

my connection is FINE aswel. i have sometimes have the same problems as you. i did the same as you, nothing wrong next time. just chill. relax, you cannot blame the game for everything happends.

Mr-Somes

You are right somewhat...I blame its developers and company. Either way it boils down to it being the game as the issue at some point though. I say that because it has to do with the game and that automatically means it is an issue with the game. Common logic. One other thing,kindly stop telling people what to do  on posts...your not my parent nor anyone elses so we will not chill or relax if we do not wish to.

As a consumer all of us purchased a game  and have the right  to post what we feel. I know you are trying to help but it is clear you are not always helping...a little tip would be to not post unless you know what your talking about or how to approach the situation at hand. I made this thread and clearly I am not the only one having the issue because others are making new threads about it. I simply asked if anyone was experiencing this and all that was needed from your initial response was that you had the same thing happen. Just pointing stuff out for them to be able to fix it. Defending the game from having any blame will not get it fixed any sooner.

GL0CKSH0T

Listen man, I'm a Big Fan of Cod ever since COD classic on PC yrs ago and since COD4.... I have done nothing but watch this game get "MILKED DRY" or I should say "Slowly Grumbling Apart". Do I still buy them?.... Yes. Alot of my friends play Cod..... I still love CoD... Certain Ones though... Hint ... Hint.  You guys have to understand a few things... So let me say by---   Have a Seat, Grab some Popcorn and enjoy ^_^

1.) They've been running the same game engine since Cod4 MW... But they were using it in other Titles before Cod4... Remember its Activision now... Just Like EA, They use that same engine for every Title after. The Difference is ( and I'm not trying to sound like a FanBoy or a Troll by no means ) .... is that EA spends 4 yrs working on a new Game engine for the release of BF3 and Need for Speed Run, also remeber too.... that EA back then didnt have as much BANK as like Activision did when releasing Cod4. So Blame Activision for that SCREW UP. They've had plenty of time since World Breaking Cod4 to Create an Epic Gaming engine.... Activision is just to Damn GREEDY to build one.........  Movin on ^_^

2.) Activision also has had a 8 yr Contract with DemonWare Servers " As their 3rd Party Server Company " and that was back in 2006/2007. So it goes to show how old their Network Infrastructure( Online )  really is..... and its also P2P Server Base. Which means Person-2-Person. It basicly means that one person is Host for the entire match and if hes got crap internet... well guess what Charlie, YOUR SCREWED UP THE POOCH!! LOL . Bottom line is if they cant get off their HIGH HORSE and Start doing more IN-HOUSE Work like: Dedicated Servers ( Their own Networking Infrastructure ) Means you are your own Host and are using your own Internet connection and not relying on one Host. They would have to Hire a whole new Developement Team for that..... But guess what..... They can Frickin afford it...... 3yrs ago. LMFAO ^_^ Also you wouldnt have half the crap going on like you do now with the hack leaderboards, hack/mod lobbies... " Challenge Lobby " and alot of server base bugs and glitches. A Beta would have been nice too. So that they would already know how big of a server capcity they would have needed. Maybe One Day LOL.... Movin On--------

If anything ... Infinityward/Treyarch/SledgeHammer.... and who ever else they need to hire just to keep Hyping up this game every year..... Should be Sticking up for us Gamers that have been there Infrastucture for many years supporting and buying there products and putting them on the map... Its pretty much a House Hold Name now with Cod/Activision. Instead they just have their crew make stupid codes for stupid host migrations, stupid ways to keep the game noob friendly.... Like: Lunge Knifing ( Panic Knifing, Commando ), Last Stand..... now adding basicly sucicide bomber with the C4 crap Death Streak, Juice... which is so garbage. Add that to Extreme cond. and Slight of hand pro.... You get SUPER KNIFE KILLS. Im all about Quality in a Game. Back in Cod4 days, it was Quality..... Now its Quantity.

I mean how much more crap do you need to add in a game, just to keep selling it every frickin year. All it does is adds more clutter up stuff that has to be updated every second of the game..... Which requires more Coding. Which is also more Data that is being transfered through their crappy p2p network they use.... Even COD Elite is running on the same servers.... "HELLO MCFly ^_^"  Basicaly the Bottum LIne is... They need to Revamp their whole Developement Infrastructure and not put out another cod game until PS4/XBOX 720...... 2014 " I think " Not a 100% on that. LoL.  Because in all Reality.... the Franchise is Drying up. And it wont be long and it will follow Guitar Hero and TonyHawk. " Two of my Favorite Franchises"

So guys I hope that this has filled your mind with a little knowledge of why you get so bored of Cod after 5-7 month. So just on a Final Note : I do hope that Cod makes a comeback with a blow out epic fun game in the Near Future. As of right now we just got to hope and wish for the best with Mw3. Gonna be alot of Patches coming soon.

Please dont get me wrong. I do love Cod and I'm a very loyal gamer to them at Activision/IW/TA/SH. Im just voicing my Opinion and trying to help you better understand how things work with the Cod Franchise.

Thanks and all Feedback would be Great  ^_^

GLOCKSHOT 8)~

" If you Read this entire Post..... Then I have the up most Respect for you "

kourtvizion

This will help you with the out of error message:

4 - "PS3 RECOVERY MENU" is probably the best thing to use to improve your PS3's performance. Use these settings to stop the Hard Freeze that a lot of people have been receiving while playing games, and increase console speed. (Note: You know your console is slowing down when you are playing a game online and you press the PS button to get to the friends list, and while doing that the console and screen hangs, the recovery menushould fix this or at least make it more responsive.)

(The link below explains how to access the Recovery Menu, and what the options do.)
                http://community.us.playstation.com/thr... 0&tstart=0

How to Access Playstation Recovery Menu

1. Turn off Playstation®3.
                2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
                3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press your finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
                4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
                5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button.
                6. The Recovery Menu will pop up.

The two settings to use are "Restore FileSystem" and "Rebuild Database".

Restore File System: - Checks forcorrupt/missing system files. (Note: will always tell you that your PS3 iscorrupted and needs to be restored so don't worry)
                Rebuild Database: - Rebuilds the OS forthe PLAYSTATION®3.

Using these two settings will really speed up your PS3 and fix annoying errors that have to do with corrupted files. I use these two settings every few months to get my PS3 into optimal speed. Rebuilding Database does not delete any data, but Restore File System will delete some useless unimportant data like “Play lists”, it will tell you everything itdeletes before you use it.

By doing all of this your PS3 will be fully optimized.

GL0CKSH0T

Listen man, I'm a Big Fan of Cod ever since COD classic on PC yrs ago and since COD4.... I have done nothing but watch this game get "MILKED DRY" or I should say "Slowly Grumbling Apart". Do I still buy them?.... Yes. Alot of my friends play Cod..... I still love CoD... Certain Ones though... Hint ... Hint.  You guys have to understand a few things... So let me say by---   Have a Seat, Grab some Popcorn and enjoy ^_^

1.) They've been running the same game engine since Cod4 MW... But they were using it in other Titles before Cod4... Remember its Activision now... Just Like EA, They use that same engine for every Title after. The Difference is ( and I'm not trying to sound like a FanBoy or a Troll by no means ) .... is that EA spends 4 yrs working on a new Game engine for the release of BF3 and Need for Speed Run, also remeber too.... that EA back then didnt have as much BANK as like Activision did when releasing Cod4. So Blame Activision for that SCREW UP. They've had plenty of time since World Breaking Cod4 to Create an Epic Gaming engine.... Activision is just to Damn GREEDY to build one.........  Movin on ^_^

2.) Activision also has had a 8 yr Contract with DemonWare Servers " As their 3rd Party Server Company " and that was back in 2006/2007. So it goes to show how old their Network Infrastructure( Online )  really is..... and its also P2P Server Base. Which means Person-2-Person. It basicly means that one person is Host for the entire match and if hes got crap internet... well guess what Charlie, YOUR SCREWED UP THE POOCH!! LOL . Bottom line is if they cant get off their HIGH HORSE and Start doing more IN-HOUSE Work like: Dedicated Servers ( Their own Networking Infrastructure ) Means you are your own Host and are using your own Internet connection and not relying on one Host. They would have to Hire a whole new Developement Team for that..... But guess what..... They can Frickin afford it...... 3yrs ago. LMFAO ^_^ Also you wouldnt have half the crap going on like you do now with the hack leaderboards, hack/mod lobbies... " Challenge Lobby " and alot of server base bugs and glitches. A Beta would have been nice too. So that they would already know how big of a server capcity they would have needed. Maybe One Day LOL.... Movin On--------

If anything ... Infinityward/Treyarch/SledgeHammer.... and who ever else they need to hire just to keep Hyping up this game every year..... Should be Sticking up for us Gamers that have been there Infrastucture for many years supporting and buying there products and putting them on the map... Its pretty much a House Hold Name now with Cod/Activision. Instead they just have their crew make stupid codes for stupid host migrations, stupid ways to keep the game noob friendly.... Like: Lunge Knifing ( Panic Knifing, Commando ), Last Stand..... now adding basicly sucicide bomber with the C4 crap Death Streak, Juice... which is so garbage. Add that to Extreme cond. and Slight of hand pro.... You get SUPER KNIFE KILLS. Im all about Quality in a Game. Back in Cod4 days, it was Quality..... Now its Quantity.

I mean how much more crap do you need to add in a game, just to keep selling it every frickin year. All it does is adds more cluttered up stuff that has to be updated every second of the game..... Which requires more Coding. Which is also more Data that is being transfered through their crappy p2p network they use.... Even COD Elite is running on the same servers.... "HELLO MCFly ^_^"  Basicaly the Bottom LIne is... They need to Revamp their whole Developement Infrastructure and not put out another cod game until PS4/XBOX 720...... 2014 " I think " Not a 100% on that. LoL.  Because in all Reality.... the Franchise is Drying up. And it wont be long and it will follow Guitar Hero and TonyHawk. " Two of my Favorite Franchises"

So guys I hope that this has filled your mind with a little knowledge of why you get so bored of Cod after 5-7 month. So just on a Final Note : I do hope that Cod makes a comeback with a blow out epic fun game in the Near Future. As of right now we just got to hope and wish for the best with Mw3. Gonna be alot of Patches coming soon.

Please dont get me wrong. I do love Cod and I'm a very loyal gamer to them at Activision/IW/TA/SH. Im just voicing my Opinion and trying to help you better understand how things work with the Cod Franchise.

Thanks and all Feedback would be Great  ^_^

GLOCKSHOT 8)~

" If you Read this entire Post..... Then I have the up most Respect for you "

kourtvizion

I read your post and agree with some of your sentiments. 

I think what people fail to realize though is that companies are burdened with deadlines.  Some higher up sets a date in their head (in this case November 8) and says get it done no matter what.  If the developers actually working on the game don't, it affects their job security and reputation with the company executives.

So the result is putting out games that haven't been thoroughly tested and QC checked just to meet the deadlines set by someone who has trouble turning on their computer.

If they don't hit deadlines their stock goes does and investor confidence is easily lost. So its a delicate balance.  From a company standpoint MW3 is about 75% done.  The mechanics are done but some tweaks need to be made but is it worth pushing it back another month? No the impact will be catostraphic on their share price but if they release a game that is almost done.  They still hit their sales because people would have already paid for their product.

I think they are under a lot of pressure to meet deadlines to the result is putting out a product that is less than perfect.  I know they will correct this but it will take time and they have to go through the corporate structure BS for releasing patches. 

So I suggest you have a beer and not take things so seriously because they will work out the things that don't affect their bottom line.  Anything that requires a significant amount of captial will not be fixed.  I 100% guarentee you that.