22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2011 2:41 PM by gramatonnags RSS

Die before i can aim and shoot

conman2010

im from the uk and alot of my friends are having this problem.. WE CANNOT EVEN AIM OR SHOOT BEFORE WE GET SHOT DEAD. how are we meant to kill a guy. head on runs into enemys we always loose straigh.

Me and my pals have been playing cods since cod 4 and we are all good. ( should be with about 6 years  expierience) ... mw3 we cannot play at all. it feels wrong and it only sounds like its affecting mainly people from europe/uk ... this is unnaceptable i feel like i wasted my money,   not even a word of a fix and i have seen so many posts about this its almost un believable. sad i always uded to love the new cods its the opposite for this one ... sledgehammer you truely ruined a good game. thanks

• Re: Die before i can aim and shoot

I hear theres a matchmaking problem with UK players, not sure if this is part of it.

Latency compensation is working against you.

The game is putting you behind other players because it's not fair that you have a decent connection and they don't.

So, to make things "fair" they've actually tipped the scales against you.

It happens to players with good and bad connections.  I have friends with awesome Internet speeds and those who don't and it is the same on all of ours. And all games are connecting at <50ms.  I thought it was bad in the previous COD, and got me playing HC more and more because of it, but it's twice as bad on this.  I love the game and the new feel, but I can't beat a player with CONNECTION PRO PERK.

Me and my friends are having a similair issue. We're all from the UK and also were pretty good blops and MW2 MW1 players but seem to get shot down before we evan see people come round the cornors.

First thing to try is simple and effective on most points.

When searching for a game only play games with less than 50ms ping, back out of the search if it goes to <75ms ping (you can see this on the top right of the screen), it may take a few tries to get into a game but you should find it helps to level the playing field a bit. Also try quickdraw, or start shooting before/as you aim down sight, one stray bullet can knock their aim off long enough for you to kill them.

ayce123

If your download speed is faster than your upload speed you will die first everytime. The reason is you download enemy bullets faster than you can upload yours. Think about it isp's offer connections with more download than upload speed mine for instance is 12Mbps download and 2Mbps upload this is the real issue with lag compensation.

djtn

It's not just a UK or ERUO issue. I live in the USA and I have friends all over the country. We're all having the same experience. Even if you get the jump on someone (shooting them in the back of their head with a full clip), they turn around and shoot one bullet at your foot and you die instantly. In the kill cam you never shot one bullet, just stood there like an idiot.

We had the same issue with BlackOps, eventually ditching it all together.

djtn i s absolutely right. The worst part about it is that it wasn't even aknowledged for about a year (if ever?) by Treyarch and there were a handfull of community members who made it their lifes work to disprove and discredit the issue inspite of the hundreds of posts every week. That being said, another forum member, maccabi did everything he could to help people who were experiencing the problem. Search 'elagaphant'.

This time around it would appear as though there are exponentially more people experiencing the sh!t end of latency compensation and hopefully the problem won't be ignored. I figure the more people who bring it to the devs attention, the more likely we are to get a solution. I'm happy to deal with some degree of lag comp but to actually punish those with a better connection just seems assinine.

conman2010

thanks for the input guys lets hope thier is a fix as i have not had to ditch a cod game yet but im getting close...

and about the quickdraw i have that on constant and also i thought trying to get steady aim pro might be what every one has been doin. so i got that (faster aiming while running) and still no fun for me same story.

ive never bought a game and not wanted to play it this early i should be hungry for this game instead im on a forum complaining not good ... was it sledgehammer that done this as i have never had this before with call of dutys

djtn

I'd post a link to a video that on youtube of what me and my friends are expereiencing but my post keeps getting hi-jacked because it has a link:  youtube.com/watch?v=BnTKDAX-uV4

IEliteWalker

You're not the only one mate, I've been getting killed instantly by scrubs because they have a cheap tesco broadband connection.

UK player, also same issue... Just gotta make do unfortunately

UK here too but I would be disappointed if they left it like it is! I also experience terrible lag. Fire full clips to appear to be shot in one by them but kill cam says the complete opposite!

I did love the earlier explanation of gaming net code, as was mentioned, it doesn't really work like that, it doesn't send every bullet position separately but packets of all information (player position etc).

I have an odd experience though as I have heard USA players on their mics (too many to be in the UK after "defecting") and French so I don't appear to be limited to UK only and they were too good to be impressions! I put the fact that I was playing with all countries as why I was lagging!

Be interesting to see how this all pans out.

i agree its insane noticed that corner sh!t alot myself but just got on with it i pay extra to have a 2.5meg upload and 24meg download so i can get a better quality of game so i thought LOL. as it stands i pay extra for the lesser connections to get better game play and that just suckz also paying £44-99 for the game itself and experiencing these different issues is just apalling last COD i buy unless they show they can sort this and stop putting so much bullsh!t in the game get back to COD:MW1

I'm in the UK and have the same issues - I hope the developers sort this out asap.

plain and simple if you got a real good internet connection they take from you to give it to the dumb*ss trying to play mw3 on dial up or another shitt* internet witch sucks. if i got a good connection and so does lets say 10 other people put us in a match. take the people with the shitty and bad connections and make then lag over eachother i'm tired of playing and laging because of a poor bastar* who can't afford a good internet connection if they can't afford a good connection they don't need to play.   Don't Take My Internet speed and Give it to someone else unless you are going to pay some of my internet bill this being said i'm selling my MW3 game and buying battlefield at least they got there own servers F*ck COD the company whos makes it dont support it so why should i. i'llnever own a Call Of duty game again tired of the bullshit and tired of all the issues maybe you should get new programmers considering that we have this issues with every game you release you make billions of Call Of Duty but won't put **** back into it. so by Call Of Duty this is a sad day i loved the c.o.d series but mw3 is the last draw i'm done tired of the lag issues tired of the no deticated servers tired of spending my hard earn cash to buy a game. and having the same issues over and over so i will speak with my wallet  . i bought Battlefield 3 today so bye bye CALL OF Shi*. 

Make billions of the game and wont support it so f*ck you and i hope the next time you are  all on a plane it crashes and you all Die all the programmers and CEO's  all of you assh*les.

i would like to take a gun unload a whole clip into the programmers of COD when the cops come i will say dont worry it will lag soon & they will get back up like in there games.

Used copy of MW3 Hardon Edition On Ebay.com 70 bucks

COD IS GOING TO MAKE ME KILL SOMEONE WILL IT BE YOU

Hmmm. I don't think you get what the Internet is for some people. Some do pay for their connection like me (and full rate) and the fastest I can get is 3mb down, 712k up due to crap twisted pair copper lines between me and the exchange. Other people will be lower due to distance from the exchange. Not everyone lives in a cabled area.

So please, stop with this people can't afford. There may be some who can't but mortgages, kids, wives etc tend to come before gaming!!

Snap. I'm from the UK too, on black ops my K/d was 2.23 over 8 days of gametime.

On MW3 I am experiencing people being quicker than me and killing me alot of the time. I know this sounds like I'm just a bad player, but I'm not, I can almost 'feel' that something is not right with my connection type and its getting to the point I cant play it anymore as I'm not enjoying it.

Your not alone !

Same problem as most of you here. I have the best connection you can buy in the uk although i do play with a wireless connection i still pull host and have an exellent connection.Ive been getting shot round corners all the BS you here about has been happening to me. I still have a good KD 2.80 but i know it should be higher and thats annoying me aswell. I love COD but this is the first time ive felt like this this early.Im going to end up taking it back. Also the spawns are BS!!